33 posts
Joined 03/2010

The villain is a fairly nitty tag who plays well postflop

Villains stats: http://screenshooter.net/5316704/komjnla

Poker Stars $3/$6 Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1371996
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.333 SB) Hero is CO with A Heart 9 Club
2 folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, BB calls

Flop: (4.333 SB) 4 Spade 4 Heart J Spade (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises,

So as mentioned above is it to weak tight to just fold in this situation, and is it to easy to exploit if I fold to c/r on flops like this?

second, Is there any merrit to calling down on two streets of dodging spades?

Posted almost 3 years ago

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

I think against a nitty tag, you can fold and feel fine about it. Obviously it depends how aggressive he is postflop, but I think as a default folding a hand like this is fine.

If you were to call, it would have to be with the intention of calling down on blank turn/rivers. You just don't have a good enough of a price to justify a peel to draw at your Ace, then fold a blank turn.

pasita

1275 posts
Joined 09/2009

Nitty or not, Villain seems to CR a healthy amount of flops. I'd call down spadeless rivers. If you're only calling down with AQ+, Jx+, he's going to walk all over you on this flop.

mtobberup

33 posts
Joined 03/2010

Yeah that was somewhat what I was thinking. I have to call down at least sometimes on non spade turn and rivers, otherwise i feel im to easy to exploit.

Would it be -EV if I where to call down all non spade turn and rivers whenever a villain c/r 20% or more flops in simular situations?

pasita

1275 posts
Joined 09/2009

Hmm I was going to say calldown is good if the villain is even somewhat CR happy. Then I CREV'd this, and if villain
-CR's any pair or better (regardless whether he flats pocket pairs on BB or not)
-CR's any Q-high and lower flush draw
-barrels all streets
-you call down if no spades come or you pair up

then the flop call seems to be a loser with any part of your range that isn't a J or better (or drawing).

So actually, unless you think he's taking shots at you with BDFD's or air on this board, folding the flop would seem surprisingly good.

iplaylimit

2426 posts
Joined 04/2007

Hmm I was going to say calldown is good if the villain is even somewhat CR happy. Then I CREV'd this, and if villain
-CR's any pair or better (regardless whether he flats pocket pairs on BB or not)
-CR's any Q-high and lower flush draw
-barrels all streets
-you call down if no spades come or you pair up

then the flop call seems to be a loser with any part of your range that isn't a J or better (or drawing).

So actually, unless you think he's taking shots at you with BDFD's or air on this board, folding the flop would seem surprisingly good.

Villain can also have air, a pair, or Ahigh for some. Your cr range is pretty narrow

You should call this flop. You can always fold if turn/river is a spade (if villain is not that crazy) so you don't always lose the extra 2BB even if you're behind.

pasita

1275 posts
Joined 09/2009

If villain has bare A-high it's likely better than hero's, so it doesn't help the cause a lot?

What would your range for calling this down be?

HomePoker ForumsBeginner Limit Hold'em → To weak tight to fold flop?