UTG+1: $40.75
MP: $101.25
MP+1: $30.25

SB posts SB $0.50, Hero posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero has 2Club 5Heart

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP+2 calls $1.00, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($2.50, 2 players) 4Heart TSpade 6Diamond
Hero bets $1.00,

I bet cause i have the gutshot but i only need to win 1 of three to be profitable and although is a maniac maybe gives up cause the flop is rag and i'm on the BB and the pot is small, so...

MP+2 raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.00

pot odds don't justify calling but if I catch i have a lot of implied odds!

Turn: ($6.50, 2 players) 3Spade
Hero bets $2.00, MP+2 raises to $4.00, Hero raises to $6.00, MP+2 raises to $8.00, Hero calls $2.00

River: ($22.50, 2 players) 3Diamond
Hero bets $2.00, MP+2 raises to $4.00, Hero raises to $6.00, MP+2 raises to $8.00, Hero calls $2.00

BIG POT!

Posted over 3 years ago

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

I would just fold to the flop reraise. Yes, you have some implied odds, but even with the implied odds I don't think your getting a great price to draw at your gut-shot.

As played, why did you decide to lead the turn rather than C/R?

Once I get to the river like this, I probably don't 3-bet against an unknown the first time. If I do 3-bet, I'm never folding to a cap.

Posted over 3 years ago

grandmofftarkin

497 posts
Joined 04/2011

Are you asking a question about this hand? If so, try to put a question mark in somewhere during the hand history so we can try to help analyze any question you have. Smile

I'm not sure if this is a fold on the flop. You're getting 5.5 to 1 immediate and will likely get at least 2 big bets, 4 more small bets, from the villian if he really isnt compeletly bluffing. Although those implied odds (9.5 to 1) are still smaller than the 11.5 to 1 needed for a gut shot, if you ever expect to get in an extra bet, the odds begin to get closer.

I'd probably fold the flop...but not be happy about it. Just remember this is a small pot and this is the bottom of you flop betting/semibluffing range. I'd be happier with a little overcard help. Also, is this one of the rare instances bet folding the flop ever good/ok?

Oh, and I agree that going for the turn C/R is a little more beneficial to getting in an extra bet. Hope you won the hand! And welcome to the forums!

Posted over 3 years ago

ratafaka

25 posts
Joined 07/2011

Sorry for not marking the question. I felt comfortable about the hand though seems bad played in some spots (correct me if i'm in an error). On the flop i don't give too much credit for his raise, i also think that if i catch even a deuce i can win, and if not win with a pair i'll have more outs for the turn. Of course if i don't improve on turn i fold super quickly. Now that i complete my straight on turn i want he turn crazy, this guy was 3-betting in a multiway pot with no chances of win against a bet, a raise and players behind him... super nonsense agressive! I think you have reason on better c/r turn, but the end would had been the same, against these man. On the river i feared a full house, o course! But more times he is crazy non-sense raising than havin the best hand.

(finally i won, he had JJ)

Thank you for the welcome! i want to learn a lot with you guys!

Posted over 3 years ago

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

Ratafaka, reads like the ones described above are super important when analyzing a hand. Be sure to include them when you make your initial post so you can get the most out of responses.

Given the reads in your latest post, I think your best bet on the flop is to just Ch/Fold. It sounds like this villain isn't going to be the type to just give up on the flop and your going to be forced to put in a lot of bets trying to fight to win this initially small pot.

Posted over 3 years ago

ratafaka

25 posts
Joined 07/2011

Ok! more reads on future. Thanks slide, you're orienting me on the way!

Posted over 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsBeginner Limit Hold'em → Maniac trapped!