Poker Video: Limit Hold'Em by BigBadBabar (Micro/Small Stakes)

Micro Meadows: Episode Eight

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Micro Meadows: Episode Eight by BigBadBabar

BigBadBabar has two tables of $1/2 6max loaded up and he recalls the topics from all the previous episodes.

About Micro Meadows Subscribe to

Despite the saying, everyone's not solid - at least not at LHE micros! Follow along with BBB as we cover general trends, common opponent types, and typical mistakes you'll see in today's games. The series will be mostly live play along with some theory discussion.

Tags

bigbadbabar micro meadows lhe micro-stakes cake network $1/2

Video Details

• Game: lhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 59 minutes long
  • Posted about 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Micro Meadows: Episode Eight

or track by Email or RSS

sanvideos

2 posts
Joined 03/2011

Time Link to 00:11:07

I think we have a very easy 3bet with QJ on the left table. The limper is almost all in.

Posted about 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4489 posts
Joined 03/2007

I think we have a very easy 3bet with QJ on the left table. The limper is almost all in.

I like it. Nice find.

Posted about 3 years ago

Fantam

88 posts
Joined 10/2007

Time Link to 00:03:32

In the KK hand on the right table, villain raises your c-bet on the A74 (two tone) flop after you capped pf.

Bearing in mind that villain also 3-bet you pf, would you ever consider folding post flop, apart from if a possible flush was completed ?

It seems as though an Ace would form a large part of villain's likely range, and your having the K hearts would possibly reduce the number of flush draws that he may have (without an Ace).

Or would you consider that your hand was too strong not to showdown and get a better read on villain ?

Posted about 3 years ago

Fantam

88 posts
Joined 10/2007

Time Link to 00:07:07

On the left table, you fold A7s in the SB to a CO open. What are the weakest hands that you might 3-bet from the SB pf with against a reasonably wide CO opening range ? (Lets say you think that there is a reasonable chance of the BB folding to your pf 3-bet).

I am also assuming that you would need a stronger hand to 3-bet from the SB pf than from the BTN to compensate for being out of position post flop.

Posted about 3 years ago

Fantam

88 posts
Joined 10/2007

I like it. Nice find.

Are you and Sanvideos saying that the 3-bet pf with QJ from the SB against the BTN open is good because of the almost dead money from the nearly all in limper ? i.e. That without the almost all in limper that you would normally fold QJ in the SB to the BTN open ?

Posted about 3 years ago

Fantam

88 posts
Joined 10/2007

Time Link to 00:11:44

Right table. K9 hand. Why do you think it might have been a good idea to 3-bet the turn with your strong draw ? Is it because, you dont think your hand is strong enough to bluff catch with unimproved ?

The reason I ask, is because 3-betting the turn seems expensive to me if villain then caps and you have to call because you have a strong draw.

Posted about 3 years ago

Fantam

88 posts
Joined 10/2007

Time Link to 00:22:49

You are playing 3-handed on the left hand table and call the BTN open with A2o.

The 895 flop is connected so your opponent may have a draw when he c-bets. The pot is quite small on the flop, but would peeling be reasonable as you have an Ace, a backdoor flush draw and a backdoor straight draw ?

Posted about 3 years ago

Fantam

88 posts
Joined 10/2007

Time Link to 00:25:33

You 3-bet 78s on the BTN (on the new left table) against your opponent in CO, who has opened 2 hands in a row.

You then call your opponent's c/r on the K92 flop and decide in advance to raise the turn (whatever falls) with your flush draw ! Wow !

Is this because you thought that your opponent could be bluffing when he c/r the flop ? I would not have considered bluff raising the turn, because I would not have wanted to have to call a turn 3-bet (similar to an earlier post of mine above). Am I missing something in my reasoning here ?

Posted about 3 years ago

Fantam

88 posts
Joined 10/2007

Excellent series ! Your structure and content for the videos was very well thought out and planned !

I would recommend anyone interested in learning to play LHE to watch Micro Meadows. By the way, perhaps that was a small meadow that Babar was playing football on ? Anyway, I think "Das fusball spiel" may be German for "The football game".

Look forward to your next series and hope that you are running well in Vegas !

Posted about 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4489 posts
Joined 03/2007

In the KK hand on the right table, villain raises your c-bet on the A74 (two tone) flop after you capped pf.

Bearing in mind that villain also 3-bet you pf, would you ever consider folding post flop, apart from if a possible flush was completed ?

It seems as though an Ace would form a large part of villain's likely range, and your having the K hearts would possibly reduce the number of flush draws that he may have (without an Ace).

Or would you consider that your hand was too strong not to showdown and get a better read on villain ?

Upon reviewing it I shouldn't have capped preflop, since the other guy was all in, and I don't usually cap in heads up situations like that. It's a tough spot postflop since usually people don't bluff as often in situations where there are side pots. At the time I was reasoning that he could have flush draws, but in retrospect I'm not sure that that's very likely. I still think since the pot is offering me a pretty good price that the calldown is okay.

Posted about 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4489 posts
Joined 03/2007

On the left table, you fold A7s in the SB to a CO open. What are the weakest hands that you might 3-bet from the SB pf with against a reasonably wide CO opening range ? (Lets say you think that there is a reasonable chance of the BB folding to your pf 3-bet).

I am also assuming that you would need a stronger hand to 3-bet from the SB pf than from the BTN to compensate for being out of position post flop.

This could have been a 3bet for sure. Not sure if it's in my default 3bet-vs-a-CO-opener range but it must be close. I think for example I always 3bet A9s in this spot, as well as stuff like KJo, JTs, 55, etc.

Yes, vs a CO open I'd 3bet more widely OTB than in the SB. Being in position is nice. I think my SB 3bet range vs a BTN open would be pretty similar to my BTN 3bet range vs a CO open, though.

Posted about 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4489 posts
Joined 03/2007

Are you and Sanvideos saying that the 3-bet pf with QJ from the SB against the BTN open is good because of the almost dead money from the nearly all in limper ? i.e. That without the almost all in limper that you would normally fold QJ in the SB to the BTN open ?

Yeah, fighting for the dead money with a hand with reasonable equity. Normally in the SB vs a BTN open I'd be 3betting QJo always, and with a non-shorty limper and BTN iso it's still close to playable, depending on the other players in the hand. For some reason I missed that pattern in this hand.

Posted about 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4489 posts
Joined 03/2007

Right table. K9 hand. Why do you think it might have been a good idea to 3-bet the turn with your strong draw ? Is it because, you dont think your hand is strong enough to bluff catch with unimproved ?

The reason I ask, is because 3-betting the turn seems expensive to me if villain then caps and you have to call because you have a strong draw.

Yeah, of course if he caps then I have to call and I've put two extra big bets in on the turn at only 25 or 30 percent equity or whatever, which is a bit lame. My thinking at the time was he could fold some sort of FSDR, or I could win UI on the river if he just has the ace of trump, but I think that's just over-optimistic. He'd so far just been kind of bad, random, and had missed value a few times, so most likely his turn raising range is just pretty strong. I don't think I have showdown value, no, so I wasn't planning to bluffcatch or show down unimproved.

Posted about 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4489 posts
Joined 03/2007

You are playing 3-handed on the left hand table and call the BTN open with A2o.

The 895 flop is connected so your opponent may have a draw when he c-bets. The pot is quite small on the flop, but would peeling be reasonable as you have an Ace, a backdoor flush draw and a backdoor straight draw ?

I think I should be definitely be check-calling here. Not sure why I folded, but I think it's a mistake. His range is fairly wide and I'm doing okay against it.

Posted about 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsBeginner Limit Hold'em → Micro Meadows : Episode Eight