Beginner Limit Hold'em Poker Forums

A4o in BvB turn play against reg

or track by Email or RSS

TerrorBlade

381 posts
Joined 10/2008

Villain is Perumov @ Stars, 31/25 reg.

I feel almost like if he had simply raised the flop his range would be weaker than just calling. I think he folds Ax on this flop, so what good comes from me barreling the turn here? I put him on bottom pair or maybe something strong waiting for the turn?

If I was in his spot I'd simply raise everything I continue with on this flop, but I don't know what's going through his head exactly..

Poker Stars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1362822
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.4 SB) Hero is SB with A Diamond 4 Club
3 folds, Hero raises, BB calls

Flop: (4 SB) 3 Diamond 8 Heart K Heart (2 players)
Hero bets, BB calls

Turn: (3 BB) 6 Diamond (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets, Hero ???

Posted over 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

why would you raise everything you're continuing with on the flop? what does that do to your calling range

Posted over 3 years ago

TerrorBlade

381 posts
Joined 10/2008

When the ranges are this wide, this is a great flop to attack with your bluffs. The cheapest way to do this is to simply raise the flop directly.

What hands do we even want to just call here and need "cover" by adding strong hands to our calling range in this spot? If it's like a handful of bottom pair combos and some backdoory kinda hands like Th9s then use the bottom pair to get value from A/Q high & draws and use the backdoory hands as your "pure" bluffs on this flop?

At least that's my justification for my play here, thanks for taking the time to reply in advance.

Posted over 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

you'd raise ace high? bottom pair? what bluffcatchers are in your range

Posted over 3 years ago

Deepsquat

669 posts
Joined 12/2007

I think your ranges may be a little off terror.

I think raising everything prob isnt a good strategy as you are going to end up putting in 3bets or folding alot of hands you want to see a turn with.

If he had your hand for instance, i think he benefits little from raising and opens himself up to being rebluffed off the best hand and bloating the pot with a hand that wants to get to SD cheap.

You will also be lost on alot of turns/river.

I think folding Ax in his shoes on the flop is generally pretty bad too. If SB is opening say, 60% pf he definately has enough equity to continue.

As played id c/c the turn and make a river decision

Posted over 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsBeginner Limit Hold'em → A4o in BvB turn play against reg