Beginner Limit Hold'em Poker Forums

Video Advice Needed for HU and Game Creation

or track by Email or RSS

reiddecardes

155 posts
Joined 12/2007

I posted this previously but I think my Title was misleading. On Cake I tend to see 1 or 2 full, or close to full, games running. The rest are empty to 1 or 2 players. I'm comfortable playing 6-max and FR. But I am not comfortable playing HU or with just a player or two.

Any video's that would be helpful with this? I know mano a mano is HU but I got the impression that it was for HU tables.

Thanks!

Posted about 3 years ago

delcrossb

4267 posts
Joined 04/2009

Mano a mano would be good. A HUHU table (in theory) should have a tougher HU opponent than some random who sits at a 6 max table, and it is obviously easier to adjust to a weaker opponent than a tougher one.

Posted about 3 years ago

RedHot

692 posts
Joined 07/2009

Mano a Mule is a good introduction series for limit HUHU - whether its table creation or HUHU tables.

On the comfort level - its important to remember that the other guys often don't adjust well to super short handed either. So unless you are playing somebody really good, you may not be at the disadvantage you think. The most difficult opponents to take advantage of in this situation are the aggressive ones imo. The type that fold too much preflop and on the flop are much easier to exploit.

Posted about 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4496 posts
Joined 03/2007

yeah, i mean heads up is basically the same whether it's at a ring game or a hu table. the rake will be pretty onerous at stakes below 2/4 though, at heads up. it might be worth doing it for fun or for some hands to see if a game fills though. mano a mule is a good starting point. raise lots of your buttons and try and show down lots of pairs, and try and take good notes to get a read on your opponent.

Posted about 3 years ago

bellatrix

826 posts
Joined 12/2007

y the rake will be pretty onerous at stakes below 2/4 though, at heads up.

Definitely, but game starting should be ok at any stakes, because the rake is adjusted.

Posted about 3 years ago

reiddecardes

155 posts
Joined 12/2007

liquid_quik

2065 posts
Joined 09/2008

the second and third seasons of entity and PH's Real Life series is like all game creation games. so you get a lot of 3 handed situations, especially at the start of matches.

obv 5's a crowd is good for short handed situations as well

Posted about 3 years ago

reiddecardes

155 posts
Joined 12/2007

mikefut

2135 posts
Joined 03/2008

I think this thread covers video recommendations pretty well. The only thing I would add is a recommendation to play HUHU rather than game create - even if your only objective is to improve your skill for game creation situations. My experience at 2/4 - 10/20 game creation pre-black friday was that a third and fourth player would inevitably join pretty quickly, making it impossible to ever get enough hands in to really improve your HU game substantially that way.

Posted about 3 years ago

delcrossb

4267 posts
Joined 04/2009

If you never need to play HU why do you need a HU game Smile

Posted about 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsBeginner Limit Hold'em → Video Advice Needed for HU and Game Creation