or track by Email or RSS

RedHot

692 posts
Joined 07/2009

Poker Stars $3/$6 Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1346987
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.333 SB) Hero is BB with 7 Heart 8 Heart
2 folds, CO raises, 2 folds, Hero calls

Flop: (4.333 SB) 4 Heart 9 Diamond 4 Spade (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO calls

Turn: (4.167 BB) J Heart (2 players)
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO calls

River: (10.167 BB) 3 Diamond (2 players)
Hero bets

Villain is 43/36 AFQ 67% over 42 hands.

Does this flop c/r look OK? What about the turn play?

Posted over 3 years ago

Deepsquat

669 posts
Joined 12/2007

I think its fine. You have to bet the riv as played, this will be the near bottom of your range.

3b the turn is optional but there are still some draws he can hold so i like it and its rarely we get capped as he should rarely have 4x but you can.

Posted over 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

NinaWilliams

950 posts
Joined 12/2007

i don't really like semi bluffing this type of player on the flop. It's not even that I think he calls down too much, it's the times that he spaz rebluffs you. And it feels pretty gross to have to call when he 3 bets.

Posted over 3 years ago

Psychobingo

1381 posts
Joined 03/2008

i don't really like semi bluffing this type of player on the flop. It's not even that I think he calls down too much, it's the times that he spaz rebluffs you. And it feels pretty gross to have to call when he 3 bets.

Yeah i agree with Nina here. I`d much rather checkraise either the foldy type/that plays his hands fast and honest on the flop, or the type of guy that that will accept board texture changes, and on this board there really isnt all that much that will change this board on the turn, and if he spikes his own draw on the turn youre gonna get rebluffed a lot from this type of player and theres really not that many great turn cards for your hand and even now where you do pick up one of your best cards it makes your semibluff REALLY expensive. That said ofcourse you have to bet the river, this isnt "kind of" the bottom of your range, sure deepsquat just misspoke as you can never win without betting.

Posted over 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsBeginner Limit Hold'em → [3/6 Stars] Semibluffing with 78s