Beginner Limit Hold'em Poker Forums

basic range question

or track by Email or RSS

wrap_it

1176 posts
Joined 03/2009

hey,

I mainly play NL Holdem and if you name me some player type I can picture his stats pretty accurately. Since I have no limit experience whatsoever I'd like to know some basic guidelines of what a good player's ranges would look like if he knew nothing about his opponents.
Assume we're 3handed. How many hands would you play from either position? What's your coldcalling range OOP? How often would you 3bet and how would your range look like (very roughly ofc) etc.

Posted almost 3 years ago

Deepsquat

667 posts
Joined 12/2007

My best advice would be to check out a few short handed LHE videos. That would be the best way to get a feel for what people are doing. Its too hard to andwer your question. Stakes, blind structure, opponents etc will vary this a fair bit

wrap_it

1176 posts
Joined 03/2009

Unfortunately I can't afford a DC account right now and I think I'd have to watch a lot of videos to get an accurate feel for this.

I'm just looking for some very general guidelines of how to play solidly in an unknown limit game. Blinds will be 5/10, opponents will probably be on the weak side so assume micro/small stakes players if that helps.

BigBadBabar

4472 posts
Joined 03/2007

the book 'small stakes holdem' by sklansky and miller gives good basic guidelines

HomePoker ForumsBeginner Limit Hold'em → basic range question