General Poker Discussion Poker Forums

Best sites for microstakes play?

or track by Email or RSS

YongGook

210 posts
Joined 01/2012

Which sites do you think are best for a U.K player looking to build up a bankroll from microstakes ($200 bankroll) in any discipline (cash, tournament or sng)?

Posted over 2 years ago

Jadupsky

76 posts
Joined 01/2010

KingJames_KJ

170 posts
Joined 12/2009

PokerStars; iPoker a distant 2nd place

Cash games; 6max and FR (feel free to play both and game select to be at really good tables; 2-4 at a time at the most)

Start at 5nl and once you've beat that level for a good sample, more than 50k hands, move up to 10nl and keep doing that.

Then learn PLO starting at 10PLO or 25PLO once you're at 100nl or 200nl

SNGs can be a decent way to build a BR, but I know nothing of that.

Stay away from tournaments for two reasons; you're BR size and they are the devil.

Good luck.

Posted over 2 years ago

M_Hutcho

112 posts
Joined 02/2012

Stay away from tournaments for two reasons; you're BR size and they are the devil.

Good luck.[/quote]
lol, but agree with the above in the most part. Pokerstars is the best, only problem is the lack of rakeback but overall it wins hands down.

Posted over 2 years ago

ocd193

424 posts
Joined 02/2011

I always felt as though the best way to build an initial bankroll is sng's. Study the concepts and there are so many bad players playing micro sng's.

Posted over 2 years ago

YongGook

210 posts
Joined 01/2012

Thanks for the advice. I think I will stay away from Satans game (tournies) apart from the occasional gamble as I really enjoy them and focus on learning more about SnG's to build up before trying to learn 6 max cash games when my bankroll increases.

Thanks again

Posted over 2 years ago

shuttle

3364 posts
Joined 11/2008

MTT's are fine as long as you play well rolled for them and can spare the time commitment.

Posted over 2 years ago

forker

1028 posts
Joined 05/2008

Yes now is a very good time to grind stars at 2k hands/hour 4-tabling zoomzooomzoom.
mtt's are so tilting.

Posted over 2 years ago

shuttle

3364 posts
Joined 11/2008

zoom nl is fine, I think every plo stake with the possible exception of 100plo is unbeatable however

Posted over 2 years ago

stonehoof

226 posts
Joined 01/2012

Turlock

180 posts
Joined 10/2008

Ongame is far softer than Stars and iPoker and I know there's plenty of suped up RB offers floating around if you know where to look.

Posted over 2 years ago

YongGook

210 posts
Joined 01/2012

What does everyone think to playing on more than 1 site? I really like Pokerstars 1R1A tournies and also the 500 and 1000 cap tournies but I know there are others out there. Is it worth starting a separate small roll somewhere as well or just sticking to 1 site?

Posted over 2 years ago

Apex93

159 posts
Joined 04/2010

What does everyone think to playing on more than 1 site? I really like Pokerstars 1R1A tournies and also the 500 and 1000 cap tournies but I know there are others out there. Is it worth starting a separate small roll somewhere as well or just sticking to 1 site?

You can play on 2 or more sites if it doesn't effect the games you normally play on, for example cash players should not move down a limit or advance slower just because they want to play couple tourneys at another site. Or if you have a rb deal and you are not able to get the required rake/month when you are playing on other sites then you should stick to that 1 site.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsGeneral Poker Discussion → Best sites for microstakes play?