General Poker Discussion Poker Forums

Carbon poker, somebody has to know?

or track by Email or RSS

daddywolf65

17 posts
Joined 03/2012

I am getting rivered EVERY TIME. It is pretty clear to me something is wrong. Every 2 outter and whatever ...as long as you are behind you are catching the river and YES I am protecting my hand in micro NL table...and they get it in bad and the computer at Carbon keeps letting them catch.

Have others found this site to be tlited to being rigged up for the 2nd best hands? It is so clear to me I am wondering why I am even asking. I guess I trust people in the loop at Deuces cracked would know.

thanks for your input. I already took my money off this site. I dont mind losing.. but give me a freakin chance to win.

Posted over 2 years ago

cooper667

275 posts
Joined 12/2008

Stop getting it in with the best hand, and try to have the 2nd best before the river?

Posted over 2 years ago

identifier

2141 posts
Joined 07/2008

Like cooper says, you've hit a winning formula.

1: get to the turn with a two-four outer
2: shove (you can't lose!)
3: profit!!

Tbh, I think I played someone with this plan yesterday. It worked perfectly for them.

Posted over 2 years ago

identifier

2141 posts
Joined 07/2008

He also checked 3 streets ip with a set. I guess he was scared of me hitting my runner, runner, runner str8 on the post river cards.

Posted over 2 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5688 posts
Joined 01/2009

If you start thinking a site is rigged, then you either need to come to terms with the fact that these patterns you are seeing are completely in your head or stop playing poker. Check out the series Tolerance. That will open your eyes a bit to the crazy variance in this game.

Posted over 2 years ago

mitch

2039 posts
Joined 01/2008

Ok OP, people will just tell you you're wrong/crazy but lets consider what would be necessary for it to be true. Letting the 2nd best hand win actually does serve an advantage to the site as it converges winrates (losing players win more, winning players lose more) so there's more rake created for the site.

3 problems:
1) The increase in rake is only marginal. It makes no sense for a site to take this much risk for so little return, it would be like robbing a bank but only taking the coins.
2) If they did want to rig the site to earn them more money this would be such a terrible way to do it compared to other options (superusers, etc), this would be very obvious to anyone considering it.
3) It would be extremely easy to identify this way of rigging a site, especially if the bias is as extreme as you report.

So if your theory is true you're either dealing with incredibly unintelligent morons, in which case it would be nothing short of a miracle that they managed to build such a successful business, or anarchists who don't care about money and just want to see chaos.

Posted over 2 years ago

TtheAntlers

1270 posts
Joined 01/2010

I played on Carbon regularly from Black Friday to a few months ago, saw absolutely nothing wrong.

It's all in your head.

Posted over 2 years ago

StueysKid

1018 posts
Joined 11/2009

During a recent huge downswing, I had a guy set over set with AA, knew I had him set over set (easy to spot given his play), gladly got it in on the turn, and watched him catch his one out on the river. Yep, Carbon is rigged... ha ha ha.
All jokes aside, the downswing was bad enough... I think I took two weeks off after that hand and the brutal beat down, LOL.
+1 to Tecmo's advice

Posted over 2 years ago

snowboard789

521 posts
Joined 03/2011

So if your theory is true you're either dealing with incredibly unintelligent morons, in which case it would be nothing short of a miracle that they managed to build such a successful business, or anarchists who don't care about money and just want to see chaos.

lol

Posted over 2 years ago

muggles

513 posts
Joined 04/2010

Everything Mitch says is true plus the fact that Merge's Random Number generator is audited by an independant agency. That auditing I assume would take a sampling of hands to make sure the hands dealt fall within the parameters of probability.

That being said, I've had days where I've come to the same conclusion. But, truth be known, it's really just a trick of the mind that puts such emphasis on bad beats while taking best hand wins for granted.

Posted over 2 years ago

Noobalube

361 posts
Joined 02/2012

It's true. I have an agreement with the dealer who always pulls the river from the bottom of the deck.

Posted over 2 years ago

betman313

2214 posts
Joined 09/2010

maybe a little off topic but how is software and playerpool at carbon at micro stakes?

Posted over 2 years ago

Noobalube

361 posts
Joined 02/2012

Merge micro stakes has plenty of action. I'm playing on RPM currently and sure, it might be a little more "reg" happy than your traditional micro stakes, but still lots of $$$$ to be made.

Posted over 2 years ago

PokerGnome

1036 posts
Joined 07/2009

Like mitch said, they have so much to lose why would they risk say you know taking all the players money and not having it sitting there ready for withdrawal. Online poker isnt rigged it just could be run by theives

Posted over 2 years ago

Fargoi5

88 posts
Joined 06/2011

I would say you are right, but Carbon is paying me to fight against all such claims. So, its just variance. Keep playing, everything is ok. Good skill will win out in the end. Carbon just keep the checks coming.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsGeneral Poker Discussion → Carbon poker, somebody has to know?