General Poker Discussion Poker Forums

Page 14: Girah - the end of a Hero

or track by Email or RSS

Bigvee

Section 9
1005 posts
Joined 10/2008

DD getting in on the action - somewhat pertains to DC as well.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=28071629&postcount=1137

Dont mean to be trolling, just super bored at work and this is some fascinating stuff going down.

Posted about 3 years ago

"GLUIPERIG"

1607 posts
Joined 01/2011

Everyone keeps going on and on? It just broke, people are trying to get to the bottom of this. It's perfectly understandable.

Of course cheating is always going to take place, but that doesn't mean the cheaters shouldn't be named and shamed. It's messed up how people can think this is somehow standard behavior.

It's because it is standard behavior for dbags like the ones involved. I'm not saying that everyone in the poker community does this b/c god knows, I couldn't phathom it, but the fact that it's blowing up like wild fire and people are trying to "get to the bottom of this" when there's no way that can happen is almost comical. It's all speculation, and unless DiH or jungleman come clean as well, the only one that can be blamed is Girah himself.

Posted about 3 years ago

"GLUIPERIG"

1607 posts
Joined 01/2011

I'm sorry that I came off across as harsh to everyone here in the thread...I guess my stance is, he's garbage, got caught and now has to pay for his actions (i.e pay friends back, face public ridicule and dropped from sponsorship). The rest of the details I could care less about, just knowing that he's had to pay for what he's done is alright in my book.

Posted about 3 years ago

Bigvee

Section 9
1005 posts
Joined 10/2008

The plot thickens

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=28071990&postcount=1149

Sauce123:

Everyone is just super hyped up about this situation. i read some posts in this thread, thought a bit and had some strong suspicious about haseeb doing x, but absolutely no proof. so instead of posting suspicions on here i just called him on the phone and asked if x was true and if it wasnt what possible justification he could give for my suspicions of x. when i dont have proof i prefer to settle things between myself and the person involved in order to save them from headache and myself from being wrong and looking mean (and hope someone else would do the same for me in a similar situation). haseeb admitted to x and said he would address it shortly. if he doesnt, then i will publicly and i wanted a record of that.

Posted about 3 years ago

tHeBoYmUsTdIe

1530 posts
Joined 01/2010

I'll bet there is a giant prop bet involved here somewhere...

Posted about 3 years ago

NixonTheGrouch

Section 9
1155 posts
Joined 11/2008

The plot thickens

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=28071990&postcount=1149

Sauce123:

Everyone is just super hyped up about this situation. i read some posts in this thread, thought a bit and had some strong suspicious about haseeb doing x, but absolutely no proof. so instead of posting suspicions on here i just called him on the phone and asked if x was true and if it wasnt what possible justification he could give for my suspicions of x. when i dont have proof i prefer to settle things between myself and the person involved in order to save them from headache and myself from being wrong and looking mean (and hope someone else would do the same for me in a similar situation). haseeb admitted to x and said he would address it shortly. if he doesnt, then i will publicly and i wanted a record of that.

I hate algebra.

Posted about 3 years ago

Acombfosho

3147 posts
Joined 06/2008

JacknCoke56

404 posts
Joined 08/2009

Can we get a "The Micros" episode or two on this shit?!

Posted about 3 years ago

SCS

6485 posts
Joined 06/2008

According to the U.S. Federal Sentencing Guidelines Manual, the theft of more than $30,000 has a prison sentence of 12 years (these are guidelines - it could be more or less than this). I would assume that these guidelines are the same or similar in most of the countries in Europe as well. Not sure where the jurisdiction falls if criminal charges were brought up.

link

Posted about 3 years ago

nawhead

2485 posts
Joined 10/2009

According to the U.S. Federal Sentencing Guidelines Manual, the theft of more than $30,000 has a prison sentence of 12 years (these are guidelines - it could be more or less than this). I would assume that these guidelines are the same or similar in most of the countries in Europe as well. Not sure where the jurisdiction falls if criminal charges were brought up.

link

not that it matters, but isn't this type of crime more like Wire Fraud rather than simple theft?

Posted about 3 years ago

improva

3890 posts
Joined 02/2008

link

The guidelines are most likely VERY different.

Posted about 3 years ago

jrw5001

136 posts
Joined 05/2009

not that it matters, but isn't this type of crime more like Wire Fraud rather than simple theft?

It would be considered larceny by false pretenses. He'd be looking at 3-5 years, but assuming no priors wouldn't likely have anything near that.

Posted about 3 years ago

SCS

6485 posts
Joined 06/2008

The guidelines are most likely VERY different.

Probably true. My point was that this wasn't a minor offense by any means.

Posted about 3 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2625 posts
Joined 10/2007

JacknCoke56

404 posts
Joined 08/2009

HomePoker ForumsGeneral Poker Discussion → Girah - the end of a Hero