Poker Video: Misc/Other by whitelime (Micro/Small Stakes)

The Blueprint: Episode Six

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

The Blueprint: Episode Six by whitelime

Whitelime talks about No Limit Hold'em, Pot Limit Omaha, what makes a man put on a chili suit? Well maybe not that last one but certainly some interesting stories are held within his blueprint.

About The Blueprint Subscribe to

In this series our founders and EPs talk about their experiences with poker throughout their lives and give advice to those at the grind or just starting out. There is something to be learned for new and experienced players alike.

Tags

blueprint poker theory presentation whitelime

Video Details

• Game: other
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 31 minutes long
  • Posted over 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for The Blueprint: Episode Six

or track by Email or RSS

DeathDonkey

5389 posts
Joined 11/2006

Time Link to 00:29:25

Wanted to comment on the whole "know in advance how you might bluff in this spot so you keep your frequencies reasonable" etc. I play a lot of triple draw and its a very common river spot. One GREAT thing about doing your homework beforehand and being 100% confident that your strategy will make money is when you run bad in that spot for awhile you are way less likely to tilt and make a poor adjustment.

I see decent players in triple draw all the time like one time check behind with a straight (worst possible hand basically) and lose the pot, and then an hour later they bluff a pair of twos or something cuz they are tilted and tired of catching a poor river card. It would be way way better to bluff the straight and check the twos but they don't have a cohesive strategy in mind, they are just reacting to the cards and recent history and stuff and letting it affect them too much.

Posted over 3 years ago

DiggerTheDog

696 posts
Joined 09/2008

Sails500

8 posts
Joined 10/2009

Emil. Do you have a sister starting with a G?

Posted over 3 years ago

whitelime

521 posts
Joined 01/2008

Emil. Do you have a sister starting with a G?

haha nope. Very common last name.

Posted over 3 years ago

Sails500

8 posts
Joined 10/2009

Damn... One of our Exchange students last semester had your last name.... And thought i was blessed to see Emils sister. By the way, Ithink u make great videos. Best of luck
// Simon

Posted over 3 years ago

mattyd86

23 posts
Joined 03/2008

...and I'm still waiting to hear what happened between Emil and that girl on 2M2MM!!!!!!

Posted over 3 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5688 posts
Joined 01/2009

Haha I played on Royal Vegas back when I was a sophomore in college as well (circa '03). I was so focused on sports back then that I just played randomly online and then gave it up. Oh how things could have been different for me if I was lucky enough to find 2p2 back then...

Posted over 3 years ago

DiggerTheDog

696 posts
Joined 09/2008

Emil
Re: PLO Equity simulations with pro poker tools.

Could you please suggest a starting point or a methodology for building up my familiarity with common spots?

Posted over 3 years ago

whitelime

521 posts
Joined 01/2008

Emil
Re: PLO Equity simulations with pro poker tools.

Could you please suggest a starting point or a methodology for building up my familiarity with common spots?

Begin to realize trends. Some commons spots in PLO:

Aces + nfd against two pair on non straight board is generally close to a coinflip

Flush draw against a naked wrap is generally a 2:1 favorite

Aces + nfd against a set is generally a 2:1 dog

Wrap + flush draw against a set is a coinflip

You begin to see trends like these and more importantly realize that if you get it allin with the biggest flush draw, you're rarely ever in terrible shape.

Posted over 3 years ago

DiggerTheDog

696 posts
Joined 09/2008

Thanks emil.

I am a 100bb NLHE player but I have tried to learn PLO as a SSer ( I dont rathole unless I get close to 100bb.)

And have had serious problems being profitable.

Are you aware of any good articles or rules of thumb by elite cap plo players?

Have you tried cap PLO or talked to any good cap PLO players like Harrington25?

How do you calculate if a game is beatable with respect to 20-50bb PLO with respect to the rake?

Sorry if this is too much

Posted over 3 years ago

DiggerTheDog

696 posts
Joined 09/2008

Given say you are generally having tones of 60/40 55/45 situations - umm if you say only get the right side of the equation a certain % above 50% of the time - there has to be a point at which you cant reasonable expect to beat the rake at some micro ssplo games if that makes sense.

Posted over 3 years ago

whitelime

521 posts
Joined 01/2008

Given say you are generally having tones of 60/40 55/45 situations - umm if you say only get the right side of the equation a certain % above 50% of the time - there has to be a point at which you cant reasonable expect to beat the rake at some micro ssplo games if that makes sense.

You can always beat the rake at PLO on any major internet site at any stakes. It's pretty small compared to the edge you can have. Also, you make money in pots that don't get to showdown also.

Posted over 3 years ago

whitelime

521 posts
Joined 01/2008

Thanks emil.

I am a 100bb NLHE player but I have tried to learn PLO as a SSer ( I dont rathole unless I get close to 100bb.)

And have had serious problems being profitable.

Are you aware of any good articles or rules of thumb by elite cap plo players?

Have you tried cap PLO or talked to any good cap PLO players like Harrington25?

How do you calculate if a game is beatable with respect to 20-50bb PLO with respect to the rake?

Sorry if this is too much

I've played a bit of cap plo but mostly have played 100 bb+. There aren't any easy rule of thumbs or anything like that. If poker were that simple, everyone would be playing it. I think any of the series we have on DC should give you a good start. The best approach is generally to play a bit, study a bit, discuss a bit, repeat. My best PLO series is probably limeaid plo.

Posted over 3 years ago

talkinghoss

25 posts
Joined 12/2010

Emil,

First off, I think you and MagicNinja are beyond fantastic when it comes to PLO videos.

Couple of questions...

What is the best way about learning PLO math.

What is the most important math factor in PLO.

If you had to decide to focus on one thing in your PLO game, what would it be ?

What was the most important thing you learned about PLO from Phil/

Lastly what would you say is the biggest, most exploitable leak players have in micro PLO.

Thank you a ton in advance!

Posted over 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsGeneral Poker Discussion → The Blueprint : Episode Six