Poker Video: Misc/Other by KRANTZ (Micro/Small Stakes)

The Blueprint: Episode One

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

The Blueprint: Episode One by KRANTZ

KRANTZ gives up his secrets to how he came to be an entrepreneur and a high-stakes poker player.

About The Blueprint Subscribe to

In this series our founders and EPs talk about their experiences with poker throughout their lives and give advice to those at the grind or just starting out. There is something to be learned for new and experienced players alike.

Tags

blueprint poker theory presentation krantz ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: other
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 25 minutes long
  • Posted over 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for The Blueprint: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

stanmore

3947 posts
Joined 03/2010

The biggest thing I took away from this ep was the importance of volume, an area where I struggle due to having a career. I often try to avoid playing while tired or have other things on my mind, but I have so little time to grind.

This is exactly my worst problem. My whole poker development so far has been on a really small sample of hands. I think I'd improve enormously if I put in 250000 hands over 6 months or something. But I can't. I'm tired a lot too because if shift work.

Posted over 3 years ago

stanmore

3947 posts
Joined 03/2010

I thought I was the only person in the universe never to have seen star wars.

Oh my freakin god!

Do yourself a favour. IV, V and VI... just don't even bother with the prequels. Pretend they don't exist. That's what I've done with Indiana Jones 4. Yeah! Sucked in to everyone who fell for that!

Posted over 3 years ago

stanmore

3947 posts
Joined 03/2010

PS, I worked for NBC Universal for 3 years. I'm back in Australia now... but I'll trade script analysis for sweat sessions... Smile

JK.

Posted over 3 years ago

rrumsey

5765 posts
Joined 06/2010

PS, I worked for NBC Universal for 3 years. I'm back in Australia now... but I'll trade script analysis for sweat sessions... Smile

JK.

if you really did he may be interested

Posted over 3 years ago

fishtastic

203 posts
Joined 07/2008

For some reason, I don't have the add comment from timeline option in this video.

You dream about the Swedish guy is hysterical. I'm sure it's not hysterical for you, and I'm sorry that you're forced to deal with it, but I cannot stop smirking to save my life.

Thanks for the entertaining video, sir.

Posted over 3 years ago

stanmore

3947 posts
Joined 03/2010

if you really did he may be interested

I really did the work... but I'm just kidding about the swap... Krantz sweating my nanostakes games? LOLOLOLOL... Smile

Posted over 3 years ago

Easy Squeezy

993 posts
Joined 07/2009

I think its pretty obvious this series relates well to everyone.

Posted over 3 years ago

SnappieVouz

2610 posts
Joined 03/2009

I thought I was the only person in the universe never to have seen star wars.

lol, no you are not. It doesn't sound very apealing to me to watch a trilogy everybody already watched, maybe when I am old and grey and feel like I am missing something in my life Smile

Posted over 3 years ago

rrumsey

5765 posts
Joined 06/2010

I really did the work... but I'm just kidding about the swap... Krantz sweating my nanostakes games? LOLOLOLOL... Smile

imagine you BB/100 rate if you had his coaching to destroy, idk 10nl! Smile

Posted over 3 years ago

stanmore

3947 posts
Joined 03/2010

imagine you BB/100 rate if you had his coaching to destroy, idk 10nl! Smile

Would be pretty sick!

Posted over 3 years ago

OliverKlozoff

13 posts
Joined 10/2009

goldenporsche

88 posts
Joined 12/2009

What words of advice would you pass out for someone who's interested in script/fictional writing?

Posted over 3 years ago

KRANTZ

3147 posts
Joined 07/2007

you guys need to see star wars!! it's a worldwide cultural phenomenon!! and lightsabers!!

Posted over 3 years ago

KRANTZ

3147 posts
Joined 07/2007

What words of advice would you pass out for someone who's interested in script/fictional writing?

read a ton of fiction and write a ton of it. read scripts after you see a movie and then watch it again, read along with the script and try to critically analyze the story and how the words describe the visuals onscreen. screenwriting in particular is highly dependent on thinking and writing visually.

i think robert mckee's "story" and lajos egri's the art of dramatic writing" are both books worth reading, they teach lots about structure and the whole process in general. and you can find scripts for free on the web with some savvy googling.

write every day, it's the most common advice you'll hear but also the most useful to absorb. even when all you're writing is shit, bang it out, the good stuff eventually comes.

Posted over 3 years ago

stanmore

3947 posts
Joined 03/2010

Mckee's Story is great. Basically centered on "dramaturgy" and can be at least partially applied to any kind of fiction writing.

Learning proper dramatury and structure is unbelievably important. Lots of people accuse such study of caging their creativity... the contrary is actually true, and you can bet your net worth that all the masters who are making their living writing or directing for film and TV know this stuff backwards and forwards.

Posted over 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsGeneral Poker Discussion → The Blueprint : Episode One