Poker Video: Misc/Other by Tommy Angelo (Micro/Small Stakes)

The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment: Episode Eight

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment: Episode Eight by Tommy Angelo

Tommy Angelo and Wayne Lively wrap up their series with this episode of Tiltlessness. What is tilt? What makes you tilt? What makes you tiltless? Figure it out.

About The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment Subscribe to

Join Tommy Angelo (author of Elements of Poker) and Wayne Lively as they embark on the Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment. This remarkable series is an excellent companion to Tommy's book and has been lovingly crafted over the past year. Featuring brand new musical composition from Tommy, this series is designed with the iPod in mind and transcends standard video poker training. Watch. Listen. Breathe. Win.

Tags

tommy angelo wayne lively the eightfold path to poker enlightenment ipod friendly tilt control

Video Details

• Game: other
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 80 minutes long
  • Posted about 5 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment: Episode Eight

or track by Email or RSS

Gauss

378 posts
Joined 03/2009

curious if you wrote that swing into beethoven? thats really quite good. thanks for the series.

Posted about 5 years ago

QuadDeuces

1603 posts
Joined 09/2008

This really is the best video series I have ever seen on any poker site, my girlfriend doesnt play poker and doesnt want to learn but she still loves this series.

Wait..this is a poker series? The piano is sooo relaxing and the voices soooo smooth the poker content could be zero and it would still be worth it. Amazing the number of non-poker-playing GFs/wives who've watched this.

Posted about 5 years ago

Tommy Angelo

248 posts
Joined 10/2007

Do you have any plans for a second serie? If so, please give us a nugget.

No plans. I have intentionally decided to not know what comes next, projectwise. Could be a book, a screenplay, a theater show, a soundtrack. As of now I am in a planned no-plan zone. I plan to end the no-plan zone in a few months. At that time, I will have plans, or at least I'm planning to. Hard to be sure about these things. :-)

Tommy

Posted about 5 years ago

Tommy Angelo

248 posts
Joined 10/2007

curious if you wrote that swing into beethoven?

Yes. (Although I would say "arranged" rather than "wrote.")

Posted about 5 years ago

TheLife

5 posts
Joined 01/2008

Tommy,

May seem like an odd question but since I wear glasses too I was just wondering. Do you usually meditate with or without glasses? I tend to wear them since I'm wearing them most of the day but I was wondering if maybe I should be wearing them only for things like Driving or Poker?

On a related note, what would a Buddhist think about Lasik Eye Surgery?

Thanks,
Nick

Posted about 5 years ago

Tommy Angelo

248 posts
Joined 10/2007

Tommy,

May seem like an odd question but since I wear glasses too I was just wondering. Do you usually meditate with or without glasses?

Always without. But not for any reason related to the meditating. I only started wearing glasses a few years ago. They are for distance, and I don't wear them around the house.

I tend to wear them since I'm wearing them most of the day but I was wondering if maybe I should be wearing them only for things like Driving or Poker?

Don't know.

On a related note, what would a Buddhist think about Lasik Eye Surgery?

I think a Buddhist would think that all technology, from beaver dams to human dams, from bird's nests to skyscrapers, is just an extension of whoever made it, and part of the universe like everything else. The brim of a baseball cap helps a fielder see better. Lasik Eye Surgery helps a person see better. All the same. All good.

Tommy

Posted about 5 years ago

TheLife

5 posts
Joined 01/2008

bosoxx34

451 posts
Joined 02/2008

Mindworm

15 posts
Joined 05/2009

Wayne, breathe. You won't regret it.

Posted about 5 years ago

RapidEvolution

312 posts
Joined 06/2008

Thank you so much for this series, guys. If I copy/pasted the words "thank you from the bottom of my heart" over and over until it took up the entire page, it still wouldn't accurately reflect my gratitude.

Posted about 5 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5688 posts
Joined 01/2009

I thought the series was...meh.

And by meh, I mean - of such high quality that it created such a chasm between DC and all other sites that one could not fathom choosing anything over DC.

Posted about 5 years ago

Bigfish

235 posts
Joined 11/2008

zankaa

688 posts
Joined 04/2008

How the music release going for you Tommy?

/ z

Posted about 5 years ago

Sonic Tilt

27 posts
Joined 08/2009

Great series guys. It was definitely different than what I expect but exactly what I needed. If you're building a house and the foundation is shaky then it's only a matter of time for your house to go under. I felt that's been happening with my poker dreams. I would go on these sick runs and lose it all from tilt or many other leaks that I've now labeled and been honest with myself about as I work hard to eliminate them. It will take time but I'm going to work on bettering my A-Game through Deuces Cracked, lop off more of my C-Game and get better at meditating regularly (used to do it a lot but somehow it seems to fall to the backburner when life gets hard. That's the time when I need to most though) anyway great series and I heard Tommy on the twoplustwo podcast. Great stuff. Thanks guys. Hope to hear another 8 path episode in a year to see if Wayne is doing any meditating Smile See ya

Posted about 5 years ago

Tommy Angelo

248 posts
Joined 10/2007

How the music release going for you Tommy?

/ z

Big progress is highly probable this week. The new EPTPE area at my site will have mp3's of most of the music from the series, and other stuff. The over-under line on completion is one month. Thanks for asking/nudging. :-)

Tommy

Posted about 5 years ago

HomePoker ForumsGeneral Poker Discussion → The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment : Episode Eight (Full Version)