General Poker Discussion Poker Forums

Page 2: What has DeucesCracked done for you?

or track by Email or RSS

rocketragz

4114 posts
Joined 11/2008

hmm DC has done so much for me I can hardly put it in words, but i'll try:

i came to DC to watch a couple videos and hopefully learn a few things. it's laughable to me now because i had no clue what i was getting myself into. turns out i didn't learn a couple things but instead transformed into a different poker player and person with what feels like a world of knowledge i never could have imagined existed, a professional mindset that has helped me on and off the table, and pretty much a new lifestyle that i have very much grown accustomed to. and not to forget a lot of new friends from around the globe.

over this time i've gone from a 2 digit bankroll playing the micro's to being very close to making the jump to the midstakes in just over a year not even being able to play as much as most of you guys because I have a full time career outside of poker that takes up a lot of my playing time. granted i studied my ass off over this time (just look at my post count), but i don't think it would have been possible nor would i have come close to where i am now if I had never found this place.

I Heart DeucesCracked, a member for life, and will enjoy representing this place with my future successes.

Posted almost 8 years ago

PokerGnome

1037 posts
Joined 07/2009

Deuces Cracked, youll come for the free videos but stay for the people

Chazb0t

1822 posts
Joined 01/2009

This

rvtsteve

809 posts
Joined 01/2008

DeucesCracked gave me a place to learn without feeling like I was on the outside looking in.

Everyone is accepted, everyone is encouraged, everyone is respected.

DC provided the tools and the information I needed to work on my game and the inspiration to never give up.

When people feel bad about canceling their subscription, like they're making a mistake or letting a friend down, you know that company is doing something right.

Tonic1223

956 posts
Joined 02/2009

DeucesCracked has opened up a world of opportunity and potential to live a dream for me. DeucesCracked is the reason I get to tell people im a professional poker player with my head held high.

veloblank

691 posts
Joined 05/2008

Through DeucesCracked coaching my losing/breakeven Sit 'n' Go play was literally transformed to winning tournament play after my first session.

Through the forums I have met many other players who love the game of poker and have helped evolve my game further. I would not have the confidence in my play and the desire to continually better it without DC.

Thomics

264 posts
Joined 11/2009

DC has helped me learn in a few hours what would have taken me months to learn on my own.

Signing up at DC is the most +EV decision I have ever made.

Sugar Nut

842 posts
Joined 03/2008

I quit my job and started playing poker back in February of 08', after a month of losing over 50BI at micro stakes, I joined DC. I've been living off poker ever since; if anything in this world could help you become a winning player, this is it.

If you can edit it and make it better, go for it

Haha, make that january '08 for me. january and february went really well. Then I joined DC...

Joining DC was the worst and at the same time best thing that could have happened to me. On the one hand I turned into a big FPS driven spewmonster, on the other hand I slowly learned the finer concepts of NLHE and started to apply my own reasoning and strategies (like KRANTZ said: do as i say, not do as i do"), instead of trying to copy someone's style.

sushiglutton

2747 posts
Joined 11/2007

DC has been my poker home for a long time now and it has meant a ton in an otherwise very lonely world. I have done a lot of fun stuff like home games, HU-tournaments, participating in videos both as a student and later as a producer. I have discussed poker with, what I now consider to be friends, from all over the world. This is people that understands what it feels like to be on a downswing, doubt ur own ability and all other mental difficulties connected to the game.

What makes DC unique is the respect people show for eachother and that there's atmosphere of trying to learn rather than trying to show that one is smarter than everyone else.

I have spent a huge amount of hours here and have learnt so much more than just poker. Im extremely thankful!!! I know I sometimes "squeak like a wheel" and can be more than a little annoying. However I hope no one doubts my love and dedication for this site!

I realized as I read through that I didn't even mention strategy. My game is so DD-fied these days that I can't recall how I played before. The way my poker thinking has changed is remarkable. I now can't see a hand without the words "board texture" and "Range" popping up in my head!

Im for ever in debt to u guys!!!

Justice88

774 posts
Joined 03/2008

DC makes you think, and teaches you how to guide yourself. And that, I think, is the single most important factor in improving and accelerating your knowledge, as well as your results. My own successes are completely contributed to my growing ability to spot my own mistakes, and how to correct and improve myself. This wouldn't have happened without DC.

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5690 posts
Joined 01/2009

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5690 posts
Joined 01/2009

Definitely some derivation of this.

"I came for the free trial, but stayed for the community."

K00PA666

233 posts
Joined 09/2009

supml

511 posts
Joined 08/2008

DC - Where producers and instructers still know where they came from!

grantkropf

1093 posts
Joined 05/2008

DC is a very comfortable atmostphere to learn in, allowed me to step up my game and become a profitable poker player again post UIGEA. I watched the videos almost obsessively nonstop at one point and I have developed a very intuitive approach to the game.

DC showed me how everyone has their own unique style suited to their strengths. As I watched the videos I learned how they leveraged their strengths, and also saw what all the different styles held in common fundamentally.

HomePoker ForumsGeneral Poker Discussion → What has DeucesCracked done for you?