Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by sthief09 (Micro/Small Stakes)

So Fresh and So Clean: Episode One

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

So Fresh and So Clean: Episode One by sthief09

Sthief09 talks briefly about the series as a whole then goes into his "Fresh Start Form".

About So Fresh and So Clean Subscribe to

Looking for a fresh start? Inevitably during the course of our poker careers, most of us hit a point when we lose the desire to continually improve, play our A-games, or just put in hands. In So Fresh and So Clean, sthief09 starts fresh, gets back to basics, and leads you toward re-discovering your passion for and getting re-dedicated to this game we all love.

Tags

sthief09 so fresh and so clean ipod friendly classroom powerpoint

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 43 minutes long
  • Posted about 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for So Fresh and So Clean: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

NutLemos

5 posts
Joined 10/2011

Sign me up. This video really does come at a great time for me as well...Lately I've come very close to quitting online poker all together after the continuous ass whopping and bad runs. A fresh start with my weaknesses clearly identified and a plan to overcome them should help me get passionate again and finally stop being lazy about improving.

Thank you for putting the effort into this. I really do enjoy your videos and your method of teaching so I am going to honestly commit to this series to hopefully gain something out of it...

http://imageshack.us/f/338/nutlemosgoal1stweek.jpg

Posted about 3 years ago

ocd193

424 posts
Joined 02/2011

Ok maybe I should have added this to my goals how to get the image on here.

Posted about 3 years ago

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

Ok maybe I should have added this to my goals how to get the image on here.

You can upload your file just like a video file and post a link that way. See the member videos forums for instruction on how to do that if you need help.

Posted about 3 years ago

ccheiden

481 posts
Joined 06/2009

It keeps telling me there's an HTTP error.

Posted about 3 years ago

ocd193

424 posts
Joined 02/2011

ocd193

424 posts
Joined 02/2011

Slide-no call of duty as punishment. You better reach goals.

Posted about 3 years ago

mesch_pkr

152 posts
Joined 10/2010

This would have been perfect for me (two months ago). Now I'm Asia trying to get "so fresh so clean" instead, looks like a really good series. Will definetly check it out when I get home.

Posted about 3 years ago

MyKQ

114 posts
Joined 03/2010

This series arrives just on time, as I feel like I'm on a plateau in my game and can't seem to make new leaps ahead.
Along with Krantz's last video on Training & Practice, this may set the fondations for a new "me".

my "fresh-start sheet"

Posted about 3 years ago

arh7rf

402 posts
Joined 01/2010

SThief I just want to say thank you for leading the way. I've been playing seriously for a year now and have amassed just 1.3k in profits in that time. I've grown bored with the grinding and the practicing. I'm ready for something new and a change of pace and a more aggressive bankroll strategy that is actually used in an intelligent manner. I'm going to do it.

My Bodog roll is at 1.143k right now
I will play 25 and 50 nl until it reaches 900 and then I will go back to grinding 10 and 25 nl. If it reaches 1500, I'm taking a shot at 100nl. I know its not exactly like yours and its a little more conservative but its really fucking aggressive for me. Plus, its basically my only roll since FT and Pokerstars got shut down so its my baby.

Love the series, I'm getting on board! Fuck yea!

Posted about 3 years ago

stl_jones

352 posts
Joined 06/2011

Cool series.

My goal when I first started playing poker was to make enough money to buy a motorcycle. I currently have just enough in my poker bankroll to buy one. I want another 3k padding so I can keep playing poker, buy books for college, insurance, etc.

I want to buy a bike by spring. I want to set a 16 week goal of playing 25hours/week and if I do this, I'll reward myself with a bike. Obviously unless I run awful, this should work out fine. This goal seems bad though because it is based on results.

What would you suggest I do for my goal/reward system?

Posted about 3 years ago

sthief09

3124 posts
Joined 07/2007

This goal seems bad though because it is based on results.

I think of things like this as process and results. The process is putting in the hours/hands. The results are obviously the results. As long as you set goals for the process over the short-run, I think it's reasonable to have a goal for the results in the long-run. As long as you're not trying to win $x every week or even every month, it should work out fine.

It's analogous to dieting. My fiancee wants to lose weight (like mostly every other female). I tell her it's fine to have a goal weight as long as it's not a daily or weekly thing. If she eats right and works out the results will be there in a couple of months. Weighing herself daily is pointless and she'll get caught up in the highs and the low.

What would you suggest I do for my goal/reward system?

This is where you really have to know yourself. Do you respond more to punishments or rewards? What are some hobbies you have? I'm trying to set it up so that me being productive is the path to getting to do the stuff I want to do.

Posted about 3 years ago

sthief09

3124 posts
Joined 07/2007

So how's everyone doing? Any updates? I'd love to see them.

Anything in particular any of you would like to see in future videos? I know the things I personally need to work on to make myself a better poker player, and I think they mostly apply to the rest of you. But I bet some of you have some ideas I haven't thought of.

Posted about 3 years ago

Swaytje

212 posts
Joined 07/2008

Although I've been running pretty bad since starting this and not turning a profit at 25nl yet.
I feel like I've been doing pretty good.
I've played less tables on average than before, and more focussed overall. Which were the 2 biggest points to focus on.
Problem is that often times I'm thinking I can get players to fold hands, that they're not folding aparantly.
Guess it's just some adjusting to 25nl.

I still need to spend some more time studying the game instead of playing though. I am going through the forums every day to read the hands and comment on some of them, but I feel like I should be doing more.
I find it pretty hard to do a session review myself.. All the hands are still engraved in my mind from the entire week, I know what I've done, and I know the reasoning behind it. Seems hard to correct myself.
It's usually just going through the hands thinking "yeah, this seems fine".

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/256/week1compleet.jpg/

Posted about 3 years ago

mitch

2039 posts
Joined 01/2008

Anything in particular any of you would like to see in future videos?

Whenever things start to go bad for me in projects like this I tend to "start fresh" (deleting DB, restarting goals from tomorrow, etc) and think "this time it's different!"... which it obv won't be, rather than pushing through it and actually growing/achieving. I guess kind of like how people make new years resolutions, although they just stop and don't start again.

So talking about that sometime down the track would be cool, I suspect some people will start to hit walls a few weeks in and feel like giving up.

Posted about 3 years ago

TCV

25 posts
Joined 06/2011

My girlfriend and I just moved into a new apartment yesterday Grin I was waiting to find a place before starting this challenge.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/freshstartsheet.png/

Lacking a few long term goals/punishment as well as short term goals, but I'm not really sure what to put hey. I'll update it next week with further goals/punishments as well as updates.

Great idea for a series as well, pretty much exactly what I needed to pull myself out of my downswing.

Posted about 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsGeneral Poker Discussion → So Fresh and So Clean : Episode One