Poker Video: Misc/Other by WiltOnTilt (Micro/Small Stakes)

The Haj School: Episode One

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

The Haj School: Episode One by WiltOnTilt

WiltOnTilt teaches you how to study better. This episode is how to take notes and study live action videos.

About The Haj School Subscribe to

WiltOnTilt. Enroll in the Haj School and learn how to use all your available resources better to improve at poker. Everything from how to get the most out of videos, maximizing learning in strategy forums, learning in a group setting and getting the most out of coaching. If you have pro aspirations or are serious about getting serious about your game, watch this.

Tags

wiltontilt the haj school note taking live play video review classroom

Video Details

• Game: other
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 67 minutes long
  • Posted almost 5 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for The Haj School: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

Sigurd

24 posts
Joined 01/2008

I use Evernote (free) for my notes.

It is pretty much the Holdem Manager of note taking programs. It doesn't show the notes on the desktop, but is is pretty much ideal for sorting lots and lots of notes without spending time on it.

You can basically just jot down notes in it, and use the search feature to find what you are looking for.

Posted almost 5 years ago

quaddamage

127 posts
Joined 06/2008

through out all my travels in poker, i guess swedish is the one languages i picked up the most..

It means - "now we shall have some fun". I dunno; kinda sounds dumb, but i read up on the description of this series, and this sounded like a fun one to me.

I'm liking it so far.

-två tummar upp (2 thumbs up)

Subbacultcha

63 posts
Joined 01/2008

I use Evernote (free) for my notes.

It is pretty much the Holdem Manager of note taking programs. It doesn't show the notes on the desktop, but is is pretty much ideal for sorting lots and lots of notes without spending time on it.

You can basically just jot down notes in it, and use the search feature to find what you are looking for.

Agreed. I also like that you can use Evernote with your iPhone, BB, or via browser so you can access your notes just about anywhere. The OCR/search is also pretty useful for uploading scans or PDFs.

Straydog

3 posts
Joined 06/2008

Time Link to 00:27:43

I can recommend Stickies. A notetaking program that is a true freeware or donationware to be precise.
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/ss.html

Btw WoT, you're dead on correct about the "Haj". It means shark and is pronounced the same way "high" is ;-)

Great start of series.

Rocknrollla

48 posts
Joined 07/2008

5 stars.

Talking about stickies, Mac comes with free program for that.

mrbambocha

3 posts
Joined 09/2009

Can anybody remember at witch episode and time that he showed a player type charts?

Posted over 4 years ago

xyious

17 posts
Joined 02/2009

It would be nice (if someone could tell whoever handles the programming on the search boxes for the videos) if in the number of tables you could select theory videos.

Posted over 4 years ago

Thomics

269 posts
Joined 11/2009

Started this series today! Great so far! I love all the videos you've made Wilt! You are a great video producer! I always appreciate the effort you put into all the videos you make!

Posted about 4 years ago

theshmit

12 posts
Joined 09/2009

Awesome job Wilt. I learned a lot about poker in only the few spots you talked about... good ideas on how to "active listen"!

Posted almost 4 years ago

RakeFactoryIMO

21 posts
Joined 09/2009

Needs a listing in the series filter IMO

Posted almost 4 years ago

$tudlani

402 posts
Joined 12/2008

Thanks good episode for anyone looking to do things right

Posted over 3 years ago

Nick71491

73 posts
Joined 07/2010

When you talk about making sure that the video were watching has our FULL attention I just had a quick question. I 100% agree with this but what If we decide to watch a video at a time where we would normally be doing something else. Ex: I play poker from noon-6pm, I watch videos from 6pm-9pm. Now, Would it be ok if I still watched videos from noon-6pm even though I wouldn't be able to give 100% attention seeing as how normally I wouldn't be watching them anyway. Or would it be better to just put my focus on the tables I am playing instead. I feel that the game/stakes/style I play that I have a lot of "Downtime" in my play (Even though I should be paying attention to other players when not in a hand) that would enable me to watch a video as well.

Posted almost 3 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2541 posts
Joined 10/2007

When you talk about making sure that the video were watching has our FULL attention I just had a quick question. I 100% agree with this but what If we decide to watch a video at a time where we would normally be doing something else. Ex: I play poker from noon-6pm, I watch videos from 6pm-9pm. Now, Would it be ok if I still watched videos from noon-6pm even though I wouldn't be able to give 100% attention seeing as how normally I wouldn't be watching them anyway. Or would it be better to just put my focus on the tables I am playing instead. I feel that the game/stakes/style I play that I have a lot of "Downtime" in my play (Even though I should be paying attention to other players when not in a hand) that would enable me to watch a video as well.

i've done this before, but it's definitely not optimal for either activity. I would just ask myself how much my edge is dropping by having a distraction going and how much I'm really focusing on the video and getting out of it? I think for most people they end up just not getting much out of the vid but having it distract them enough to hurt their edge. I know it's true for me in some cases and I had to shut the video off.

If you're 2 tabling full ring, I could see it working out...but if you're trying to 6 table 6max i doubt it's worth having the video on. The break point for most people is likely somewhere in the middle.

Zanardi

618 posts
Joined 10/2009

At the end of the first video, Wilt says that, in that and, he reps the widest range possible. Being a FR player, not a 6 max player, what's the range he tries to rep?

Prologion

2092 posts
Joined 03/2010

Hi!

Is there also any tool out which can mark a choosen small area of the desktop with for instance a random colour?

HomePoker ForumsGeneral Poker Discussion → The Haj School : Episode One