Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (Micro/Small Stakes)

Zoom Poker: Episode Ten

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now

Zoom Poker: Episode Ten by Ansky

For this episode Ansky backs away from the table to railbird as he reviews 4 tables of 100NL Zoom Poker action.

About Zoom Poker Subscribe to

Ansky plays live zoom 6max sessions in the Ghost-like series.

Tags

video review 4-tabling 100 nl 100nl ansky zoom zoom poker

Video Details

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Zoom Poker: Episode Ten

or track by Email or RSS

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

suppose a Spade comes you still fire w/ the intention of triple barreling or just firing and if called expect for him to have a flush and shutdown?

Id frequently bet again on a spade, but it depends on a lot of factors.

Posted about 5 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

What's the crappiest hand you call there vs that guy? And whats the crappiest hand you call a 3bet w/ vs a guy like 21/19?

I Don't mind you continuing these videos it's so much more informative when you point out what people are doing wrong I found a couple of adjustments I gotta make

Doubt I fold K9s, Q9s, T8s, etc those hands are around the bottom of the calling range.

The second question you ask is also not valid really, as it's not his vpip/pfr that we'd ideally look at, but his 3b from bb%. If I didn't have that info tho, and just knew he was 21/19, I'd obviously be a lot looser than the previous range I gave.

Posted about 5 years ago

DjuNKeLL

222 posts
Joined 05/2009

Time Link to 00:06:09

You say that if it's a break even call, then it's a fold BTN v BB. If it's break even call I assume it is still better to call because by calling you can start exploiting villain postflop, and adjust your preflop calling range accordingly to make it +EV? You also gain information on how villain plays postflop which you wouldn't gain by folding.

Posted about 5 years ago

phenom

64 posts
Joined 08/2008

Time Link to 00:09:11

What do you think of min clicking back the KJ ? I think villain will give up 100% of the time with air/draws when we call the flop.

Posted about 5 years ago

phenom

64 posts
Joined 08/2008

Time Link to 00:09:11

When you talk about defending lose in the BB vs BTN min opens, you don't consider them +EV calls, but instead of losing ones, but we just lose less than by folding ( less than 1bb on avg) ?

Posted about 5 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

You say that if it's a break even call, then it's a fold BTN v BB. If it's break even call I assume it is still better to call because by calling you can start exploiting villain postflop, and adjust your preflop calling range accordingly to make it +EV? You also gain information on how villain plays postflop which you wouldn't gain by folding.

He also gains info on you...

Also to consider is that if you fold in zoom you insta get another hand.

Posted about 5 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

What do you think of min clicking back the KJ ? I think villain will give up 100% of the time with air/draws when we call the flop.

I think that is a silly assumption, why would he always give up if we call, but not if we raise flop?

Posted about 5 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

When you talk about defending lose in the BB vs BTN min opens, you don't consider them +EV calls, but instead of losing ones, but we just lose less than by folding ( less than 1bb on avg) ?

Basically yes.

Posted about 5 years ago

phenom

64 posts
Joined 08/2008

I think that is a silly assumption, why would he always give up if we call, but not if we raise flop?

Because clicking it back looks bluffier. Calling looks like we have a pair CIB might not. And since we are never folding calling enables him to ch back draws OTT and get free cards. Which I hate. It's CO vs BTN that is why I like it alot too.

Posted about 5 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

I don't necessarily disagree, that is a bit of an in game dynamic read though. I'd say on average vs most people I'd rather call, with my range/their range etc. If you think you are in a spot where clicking it back (fwiw I'd raise slightly more than cib), looks bluffier, then by all means go for it.

Posted about 5 years ago

VarianceMonkey

364 posts
Joined 07/2010

Time Link to 00:12:29

Really enjoyed the format, and how you go in depth on your analysis, even on seemingly little things like preflop BB defending and MP open range. You've helped open up my BB defending range vs habitual BTN min-raises, where I thought I was already being looser than most regs. I think it's probably a spot where winrates can increase by like 0.2bb/100 or so, which makes a big difference in the long run.

About defending hands like K3s/J3s BB vs BTN minraises, you've definitely made your point that flatting here is +EV. I agree with your argument for playing looser, as long as we aren't playing fit/fold postflop. About postflop, what are some different scenarios you would have on various flops. Some examples:

1) You flop top pair on dry board and get 3barreled
2) You flop total air on a board villain will likely cbet 100% like A72r
3) You flop bottom pair
4) Other

Posted about 5 years ago

VarianceMonkey

364 posts
Joined 07/2010

Time Link to 00:14:24

For example, playing fit/fold ADiamond4Diamond on QClub6Diamond2Club flop, seems like it would be -EV in the long run if we plan to play looser vs habitual BTN min-raisers. You mention you would usually give up here but you wouldn't mind a check-raise. What do you think about leading the flop or check-call and leading any diamond, 3, or 5 turn. Besides a flush draw, what flop texture changes would you consider a fist pump check-raise?

Also, what do you think about check-raising and barreling off any Club turn or river to rep the Club flush? Thank you.

Posted about 5 years ago

SpewKid

588 posts
Joined 02/2008

Time Link to 00:07:43

On table 4, do you expect villain to barrel with more hands than just flush draws? Of course, the board is very drawy, but I don't know if villain opens hands like A7s in utg+1. I think we have 30%--33% equity on the turn, but we might get bluffed of our hand on the river, so I'm wondering if that is enough.
If you don't fold 88 on the turn, what part of your flop calling range do you fold?
Thanks!

Posted about 5 years ago

CRAG1

12 posts
Joined 02/2012

Hi, totally irrelevant to the session.

Just wondering what type of Poker Bankroll you would recommend for a serious poker player, but is still working a Full Time Job.

What BRM would you recommend for ZOOM?, and when to move up or down etc?

Also, would you cash out some of your winnings at each stake, or keep it all as a roll?

Currently at 25nl with 40bi at ZOOM (not got my exact winrate, but i can beat this level, but dont have a large database)

Thanks

Posted over 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsSmall Stakes Shorthanded NL → Zoom Poker : Episode Ten