Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by BalugaWhale (Micro/Small Stakes)

Coaching Kristy 2: Episode Four

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Coaching Kristy 2: Episode Four by BalugaWhale

After Kristy's spew-fest last episode, the white whale, BalugaWhale is back to talk about a new 100NL 4-tabling session.

About Coaching Kristy 2 Subscribe to

BalugaWhale and Kristy Arnett are back for another round of small-stakes escapades. What has Kristy learned in her time away from the elusive white whale?

Tags

balugawhale kristy coaching kristy 2 4-tabling small-stakes 100nl 100 nl

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 61 minutes long
  • Posted over 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Coaching Kristy 2: Episode Four

or track by Email or RSS

BalugaWhale

1121 posts
Joined 01/2008

Table 2
When turn and river will be blanks I guess we should go for a c/r on the river, right?

sounds good to me

Posted over 3 years ago

BalugaWhale

1121 posts
Joined 01/2008

@10:13, isnt a call standart w JT on BU top left?

with a fish in the bb, yeah. without one, all three options could be good.

Andrew

Posted over 3 years ago

gondor

9 posts
Joined 06/2011

Time Link to 00:26:56

isnt K9s to weak to isolate the UTG from the MP?

Posted over 3 years ago

BalugaWhale

1121 posts
Joined 01/2008

isnt K9s to weak to isolate the UTG from the MP?

i dont think so

Andrew

Posted over 3 years ago

iluv68

666 posts
Joined 03/2011

Andrew, Coaching Kristy 2 Episode 5 should come out today, as it is two weeks after this video. Is the video coming out today? or have you guys not found out how to finish all the episodes?

Posted over 3 years ago

I3betyoutillyoudie

2519 posts
Joined 11/2010

Andrew, Coaching Kristy 2 Episode 5 should come out today, as it is two weeks after this video. Is the video coming out today? or have you guys not found out how to finish all the episodes?

Nah they are ringing it out, doing it the rest of this season next season..

Posted over 3 years ago

Fresh_David

317 posts
Joined 10/2009

Last hand of the video, with AK utg 150BB deep: if we 4bet, are we snap calling to a shove from that tight guy ? Are we cbetting (bluffing) that Q high flop ? What type of flop do we feel confortable cbetting (if we miss obv) ?

Posted over 3 years ago

BalugaWhale

1121 posts
Joined 01/2008

that greatly depends on what we think hes calling our 4bet with. if my guess is right (that he calls with weak hands given depth and image), then yeah, i think we should c-bet the Q hi board. esp if we think he shoves QQ/AQ preflop.

Andrew

Posted over 3 years ago

edinho

3 posts
Joined 03/2011

edinho

3 posts
Joined 03/2011

soleztis

DC Dalai Lama
1026 posts
Joined 09/2010

Time Link to 00:21:20

Andrew, can you comment on bet sizing here? We can make a pretty large bet and still get called a lot.

Posted over 3 years ago

BalugaWhale

1121 posts
Joined 01/2008

Andrew, can you comment on bet sizing here? We can make a pretty large bet and still get called a lot.

sure, except that there aren't *that* many things that are trying to call a big turn bet. There aren't very any jacks left, the flush draws all got there, we're challenging him to make a big call with a 9 or a weak straight draw (now that the flush has come in). if he has a hand like AT w/ Ac he's going with it anyway, give him a chance to shove w/ whatever.

Andrew

Posted over 3 years ago

soleztis

DC Dalai Lama
1026 posts
Joined 09/2010

sure, except that there aren't *that* many things that are trying to call a big turn bet. There aren't very any jacks left, the flush draws all got there, we're challenging him to make a big call with a 9 or a weak straight draw (now that the flush has come in). if he has a hand like AT w/ Ac he's going with it anyway, give him a chance to shove w/ whatever.

Andrew

Makes sense, thanks for the response. My thinking was just so many draws on flop, since he is going with the said hands anyway, why not get a lot of money now, then we can make a smaller bet on the turn in relation to pot but larger in absolute dollar size and he can still shove turn.

Posted over 3 years ago

Befeltingu

264 posts
Joined 12/2009

Time Link to 00:30:29

Hey with the 88 hand on the top left what do you think about a 3 bet instead of just a ship? Like making it 2.5x or a little smaller? To me just shipping here does not accomplish too much unless the guy is bad enought that he will call it off w/ K8 or other 8x hands. By raising smaller you might get him to ship over the top with draws and some one pair hands that he might just fold to a ship.

Posted about 3 years ago

Befeltingu

264 posts
Joined 12/2009

Time Link to 00:55:46

Hey andrew what do you think about c/r the turn w/ this AQ hand on the top left? You get extra money in against worse Ax hands that might get stubborn plus you charge a draw that is getting stubborn. Or you think it is just best to just give him rope and bluff on different rivers?

Posted about 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsSmall Stakes Shorthanded NL → Coaching Kristy 2 : Episode Four