Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Grindcore (Micro/Small Stakes)

The Thin Red Grind: Episode Three

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

The Thin Red Grind: Episode Three by Grindcore

Grindcore is back with a 4-tabling session at 100nl where he plays like a maniac to test some theories.

About The Thin Red Grind Subscribe to

Grindcore brings his talents back to the DeucesCracked video lineup. Theory and live sweats from 50NL to 400NL.

Tags

grindcore the thin red grind $0.5/1 100nl 100 nl

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 59 minutes long
  • Posted about 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for The Thin Red Grind: Episode Three

or track by Email or RSS

mKey

10 posts
Joined 09/2009

Finally! Most anticipated video ever xD

Posted about 3 years ago

spotDEspot

910 posts
Joined 06/2008

Time Link to 00:24:51

Wasn't this turn raise too big here considering he only had 40bb behind? He would fold his 9T to this sized raise and call something around $12 leaving around a 2/3 PSB behind?

Posted about 3 years ago

mKey

10 posts
Joined 09/2009

Time Link to 00:16:17

You said that this is almost always a bluff. If that's the case why not just reraise him small here, to like 25-26 ?

Posted about 3 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Wasn't this turn raise too big here considering he only had 40bb behind? He would fold his 9T to this sized raise and call something around $12 leaving around a 2/3 PSB behind?

He won't fold T9, it's pair + OESD and he's a fish. If I put him on a naked bluffcatcher I'd have raised smaller to keep him in and set up another street of value, but on this board there were many pair+draws he could have so I went for max value.

Posted about 3 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

You said that this is almost always a bluff. If that's the case why not just reraise him small here, to like 25-26 ?

Because I'm OOP and my hand has no potential. It's somewhat close. In position I'd click it back 100% of the time, but OOP I have less FE in my experience in these spots. If I could turn several backdoor draws I'd go for it so I can ship the turn when called if I pick up equity. There would be some merit in turning off auto muck and showing him a rebluff with 63o though, and this might have been the best play, but I didn't think of it at the table. He either folds and we show and he becomes very stackable, or he wins the hand and gets deeper which increases our winrate in future hands on that table.

Posted about 3 years ago

mrjusticerowlatt

248 posts
Joined 09/2008

Time Link to 00:14:54

Can you expand a bit on why you like XC here on table 3?

Posted about 3 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Can you expand a bit on why you like XC here on table 3?

Both are fine. x/c induces bluffs and denies him a cbet raise. Lots of people barrel very polarized against pfr c/c's, especially on overcards, so you can often safely call 3 streets, and only when they check you're in "real trouble".

Posted about 3 years ago

Unstable James

Section 9
391 posts
Joined 09/2008

Time Link to 00:57:25

Isn't it still far better to pass here even if we're a bit of an EV favorite? It seems like you're risking more than you stand to gain. As in, if you lose you're not deep with the fish any more. But if you win, you're just getting money which you're a big favorite to win in the next couple orbits anyway, and again you're not deep with the fish anymore. This call is almost certainly +EV for this hand, but whether we win or lose we're taking a lot of EV from future hands. So "session EV" wise a fold might actually be more +EV than a call.

Posted about 3 years ago

emikska

81 posts
Joined 12/2009

Time Link to 00:25:47

Bottom right with the 66; I assume you gona c/c the turn if he bets bigger aswell?

Posted about 3 years ago

eraser

623 posts
Joined 02/2010

Such an epic episode, the hands against the maniac was so funny, I was laughing all the way Smile

Posted about 3 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Isn't it still far better to pass here even if we're a bit of an EV favorite? It seems like you're risking more than you stand to gain. As in, if you lose you're not deep with the fish any more. But if you win, you're just getting money which you're a big favorite to win in the next couple orbits anyway, and again you're not deep with the fish anymore. This call is almost certainly +EV for this hand, but whether we win or lose we're taking a lot of EV from future hands. So "session EV" wise a fold might actually be more +EV than a call.

It was the end of the session, I was quitting, so I could go for max EV in the hand. Earlier in the session I get in a similar spot with 55 where it's +EV to call but I fold.

Posted about 3 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Bottom right with the 66; I assume you gona c/c the turn if he bets bigger aswell?

He seemed tight passive, so when he's putting in money I'll probably fold bluffcatchers.

Posted about 3 years ago

StackHunter

2881 posts
Joined 09/2010

I have just runned the video and I love the intro part ! Didn't really know how to perceive Turn C-Bet stat and as you said, it should be related not only to the Flop C-Bet stat, but also to his VPIP/PFR, excellent idea Smile

Posted about 3 years ago

LuigiVampa

189 posts
Joined 11/2010

Time Link to 00:10:48

Hi Grindcore!
Bottom right
Villain's range is probably not v strong in this spot because he only called half stack's (probably fishy) open so I expect him to 3bet JJ+ for value. That being said TT is probably top of his range, he could also have some suited broadway like KQs. I agree that this board is not especially good to take him off TT, because he might ship over your cbet putting you on a draw.

However let's assume that a board would be 992tt or other kind of dry flop. Would you consider barreling here? There are many regulars who are willing to call one bet or two and fold to further agression even on cards that do not change texture of a board so if you want to bluff here I guess that would be this type of opponents. My coach adviced me to pay attention to this type of players because it's profitable to pressure them by barreling. In this case this type of player on 992 would call one bet with TT and fold on a blank turn to a shove. What kind of note would you need to have on somebody to make this kind of play apart of course that he can float light etc. My coach advised me to make notes on regs who fold turns or rivers on cards that could only help his range. Which kind of evidence would you need to consider barreling on 992 board?

Posted about 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsSmall Stakes Shorthanded NL → The Thin Red Grind : Episode Three