Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Joe Tall (Micro/Small Stakes)

What Would Joe Tall Do?: Episode Six

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

What Would Joe Tall Do?: Episode Six by Joe Tall, DJ Sensei

Joe Tall, what will you do? Perhaps he'll bring in DJ Sensei to help him evaluate his micro-stakes decisions. Do you stand to make the grade in this Dojo?

About What Would Joe Tall Do? Subscribe to

Grand prize winner of the DC Invent-A-Series Contest. This interactive series tests your practical knowledge of Small Stakes No Limit Hold'em. Every other week Joe Tall will post a quiz asking about various hand situations that come up in the game, then on the following week he posts answers in the form of a video with one other DC coach. Prizes will be awarded for those getting the highest scores each week and the highest overall score at the end of the series. Look for quizzes in the Small Stakes forum.

Tags

joe tall what would joe tall do wwjtd hand replayer 50nl ipod friendly dj sensei

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 71 minutes long
  • Posted about 5 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for What Would Joe Tall Do?: Episode Six

or track by Email or RSS

Joe Tall

6690 posts
Joined 11/2006

2: folds (1)
3: raise to 3 shut down (1)
4: check back (2)
5: raise-ship (1)
6: ship (1)
7: check (1)
8: either raise to 5 or call get (1)
9: ship (1)
10: raise to 3.75 (1)
11: call planning to fold (1)
12: check back (2)
13: call (1)
14: call (1)
15: raise (1)
16: bet 5 (1)
17: bet 12 (2)
18: call (1)
19: bet 4 (1)
20: call (1)
21: fold (1)
22: ship (1)
23: raise 2.25 (1)
24: bet 4 (1)
25: check (1)
26: fold (1)
27: check-call/fold (2)

Results:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=GzhT75XHeKqmfldbtjjus2PfCnW_2fyP8VDSGAYzDPQdE_3d

Posted about 5 years ago

Triplethink

81 posts
Joined 03/2008

51:30 TDiamond9Diamond hand, turn

We don't need to make the nuts on the river to win the pot. $1 bet often means a weak hand or draw. We can steal the pot on the river sometimes, and it doesn't need to be very often to make the turn call +EV.

Posted about 5 years ago

danndann1

300 posts
Joined 05/2008

the JJ hand:
omg, it was soooo obv he has a weak king on the river by betting 2$... come on guys... he is never value betting thin a 9 here!!! dont you think? did you ever seen a shorty doing that?

Posted about 5 years ago

Joe Tall

6690 posts
Joined 11/2006

51:30 TDiamond9Diamond hand, turn

We don't need to make the nuts on the river to win the pot. $1 bet often means a weak hand or draw. We can steal the pot on the river sometimes, and it doesn't need to be very often to make the turn call +EV.

Not with the flush draw on the a flop, I have to agree w/Dan there.

Posted about 5 years ago

poon8855

293 posts
Joined 08/2008

Joe,

I really love the series and I think the most effective learning tool at deuces cracked is your quiz. Do you think it would be possible for all instructors doing a hand history review videos to make a quiz for their videos too? There doesn't need to be a prize, just an overview of the hands would be nice.

Thanks,
Poon

Posted about 5 years ago

Joe Tall

6690 posts
Joined 11/2006

Joe,

I really love the series and I think the most effective learning tool at deuces cracked is your quiz. Do you think it would be possible for all instructors doing a hand history review videos to make a quiz for their videos too? There doesn't need to be a prize, just an overview of the hands would be nice.

Thanks,
Poon

The amount of work that goes into this quizzes and this series is nearly 5x the normal work load. This would make DC unaffordable and impossible to maintain quality given the task at hand.

Posted about 5 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5679 posts
Joined 01/2009

The amount of work that goes into this quizzes and this series is nearly 5x the normal work load. This would make DC unaffordable and impossible to maintain quality given the task at hand.

Jason's idea not looking to sood now? haha

Posted about 5 years ago

Peelahundo

11 posts
Joined 05/2008

this is like the kindergarden of poker videos.

Posted about 5 years ago

CazicThule

614 posts
Joined 08/2008

Hand #1: I've been getting told throughout this series to loosen up and not to fold trashy hands OOP, we're supposed to "play some poker guys", now I finally change my answer and NOW we're supposed to fold and this isn't even a full raise AND we are in position?

This series tilts me sometimes...

Posted about 5 years ago

Belsebub

16 posts
Joined 12/2008

Hand #1: I've been getting told throughout this series to loosen up and not to fold trashy hands OOP, we're supposed to "play some poker guys", now I finally change my answer and NOW we're supposed to fold and this isn't even a full raise AND we are in position?

This series tilts me sometimes...

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Posted about 5 years ago

CazicThule

614 posts
Joined 08/2008

On the pocket fives hand where we are considering barrelling the turn, wasn't there a read that the guy was loose-passive? It wasn't mentioned in the really in the video, but to me that was why I wouldn't fire that second barrell. This is the question I thought about for a really long time, but I ultimately picked wrong, because I figured this guy is calling us with any piece he has and an ace probably can't even be taken out of his range completely.

Posted about 5 years ago

Boom Boom

28 posts
Joined 11/2008

The T9dd hand we can just ship the river over a bet and expect his entire stack when he has a 9+we can raise a 1-2$ donk+we can spike a T/9 so I think the 1$ call is very good.

For the 44 hand what do you think of barrelling bigger then shoving river?

Posted about 5 years ago

DJ Sensei

3280 posts
Joined 10/2007

The T9dd hand we can just ship the river over a bet and expect his entire stack when he has a 9+we can raise a 1-2$ donk+we can spike a T/9 so I think the 1$ call is very good.

Consider doing some math on the likelihood of that best case scenario:

The chances of hitting a clean 8 are 3/46, and the chances of him also having a 9 are... well I don't know exactly, but I'd say no better than 1/5. So its super super rare that that event will happen. Hitting a T/9 is more likely, but we can't be sure that its good.

I think the decision is close, but the results as played certainly might skew your thinking towards call.

Posted about 5 years ago

ChrisG

24 posts
Joined 03/2008

Folding J3s is so bad. We're in position against a fish, who we can outplay a ton postflop, and stacks are good. So we should at least be calling, but raising is by far the best play as he folds a decent amount PF and then when he does call he's generally going to play fit or fold on the flop so we can take it down a lot with a c-bet. FWIW I wouldn't even fold 32o in this spot.

Posted about 5 years ago

HomePoker ForumsSmall Stakes Shorthanded NL → What Would Joe Tall Do? : Episode Six