Secret HQ Poker Forums

Page 9: Micro stakes SNG Group

or track by Email or RSS

mrhobbeys

521 posts
Joined 10/2009

hey guys!

Anyone watched one of my vids yet? :\

Besides, please join the #deucescracked IRC-channel!
(if you need help setting an irc-client up, don't hesitate to contact me)

I was able to watch some of it. I will give you an update as soon as I finish.

Posted almost 5 years ago

lmagalhaes

580 posts
Joined 08/2009

hey guys!

Anyone watched one of my vids yet? :\

Where can I found them?

urinpain

292 posts
Joined 08/2009

urinpain

292 posts
Joined 08/2009

hey guys!

someone's up for a sweatsession (or at least just watching the other one playing) today? Would be cool. Just contact me via skype (noap__) or icq (167490129).

mrhobbeys

521 posts
Joined 10/2009

I wish I could, been too busy with school. :-(

lmagalhaes

580 posts
Joined 08/2009

Anyone plays the 90s turbo on pokerstars? Micro levels buy in.
There are a lot of people who plays the 180s but what about the 90s?
Just to know you performance and overall strategy.

kadazuro

129 posts
Joined 10/2009

Anyone plays the 90s turbo on pokerstars? Micro levels buy in.
There are a lot of people who plays the 180s but what about the 90s?
Just to know you performance and overall strategy.

actually i am, tried the 45's but the blind go up too fast for my taste, i like the 90man blind structure better, they have synchronized breaks which is also nice, fill up quickly and usually last around 2 hours

im still trying to come up with a decent strategy, people get really tight around the bubble (12place paid), but it is hard to be a bully with no chips =/, so im all ears.

lmagalhaes

580 posts
Joined 08/2009

i like the 90man blind structure better

That is one of the reasons that I like to play them. They are turbos but with a slower blind structure.
Well I play the $1.10 90s because I am not rolled for more and my ROI is much better at these ones than on 9 man SNG's.

My worst downswing withou cashing was 6 games in a row. My best result was this weekend, where I ended 3rd place in one of them.
I think tight is right early, but if you have strong hands go for it with agression. For example, I am willing to ship it early with QQ+ / AK+ and sometimes AQ or JJ+.
Sometimes suited cards will get the flush on the flop or turn, when that happens and villain has second best hand be prepared to push and double your stack!

I also found that in the middle/late stage before the bubble, sometimes I have to push with middle pairs like 55+ and when villain calls my push with Ax it is a coin flip situation but you are favorite to double.

I only played 33 games on the $1.10 level, I have 19% positive ROI. I want to review some games to checkout how did I lost some of the games and also in wich games and how did I doubled my stack.

Bad beats sometimes happens, once I was very short at the final table and I pushed with AKs and villain called with AJo. Nothing on the flop and turn but on the river comes a Jacket!
Another hand early, I flopped two top pairs so I pushed my stack because there was 2 cards of the same suit. Villain called my push (and he was all-in) and he was on a flush draw and on the river he made the flush! You can see how terrible he was, he did not have the pot odds to call my push.

I will continue to play them, I am enjoying a lot and they are soft at least at this level and I think is a good way to grind up a bankroll.

HotDiggy1121

388 posts
Joined 05/2009

hey guys. I took a week off but am back to it this week. Anything new going on?

Kadazuro - I primarily play the 90 man KOs on FTP. The 3.30s fire pretty quickly. I like the deep stacks also for a chance to practice reads and stuff. ..play a little more "poker" as they say. I do OK when I focus and you have to love the chance to make $72+ bounties on $3. Since the stacks are deeper, you can play suited connectors, Axs, and Kxs in position with implied odds. It's tough to "bully" folks I think and I have better results when I tighten up around the bubble. It seems like everyone knows that everyone else is supposed to play tight around the bubble and they lose good sense...lol. At least in those psecific tourneys.

kadazuro

129 posts
Joined 10/2009

@lmagalhaes thanks for the tips, i only have been played like 25 of those so far, cashed in 4 of them, 2nd place, 7th and a couple on the limbo area (10-12), currently not cashing out in the last 9 games

bad beats: my AA cracked vs 85s, flush on the turn -on the bubble-
hope to meet you at the table some day soon while playing those, it should be fun.

@HotDiggy, thanks for the suggestion, KOs sound like fun, i will consider those when back to FTP, currently im only playing at stars, (no rakeback not playing) =)

afonsoruivo

4 posts
Joined 01/2010

Hi there.
Is the topic active? i started recently playing the 18man sit and go 1.75$ on pokerstars and from the books and videos that i studied i'm getting better, but it would be great to me if i could join a group to discuss ideas and talk about the game. And i think i can learn a lot more with all your help.

Posted over 4 years ago

urinpain

292 posts
Joined 08/2009

I'm constantly checking this thread, so keep your questions, ideas, thoughts or w/e coming!

Posted over 4 years ago

afonsoruivo

4 posts
Joined 01/2010

What kind of books do you guys recommend?
I've been reading Collin Moshman - Sit'n go strategy, but i wonder if there are more good books to read.

Posted over 4 years ago

udownwithvpp

1143 posts
Joined 04/2008

add me plz! guitarizt2 on skype

As far as books go, I hate pretty much all books on sngs. I like talking to other players and doing icm.

Posted over 4 years ago

xoxoxo

15 posts
Joined 09/2009

Hey guys, I'm trying to do the transition from Cashgames to SNGs and looking forward to join or open a Skypegroupchat. I just added few ppl in skype from this thread,i hope to have some cool sweat sessions and HH discussions. My Skypename is d.faron

Posted over 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsSecret HQ → Micro stakes SNG Group