PL Omaha $0.25(BB) Replayer
SB ($18.20)
BB ($20.30)
UTG ($25)
Hero ($61.27)
CO ($19.16)
BTN ($5.43)

Dealt to Hero 9Diamond 7Diamond TSpade ASpade

UTG raises to $0.85, Hero raises to $2.90, fold, fold, SB calls $2.80, fold, UTG calls $2.05

FLOP ($8.95) 9Club 8Club 4Spade

SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

TURN ($8.95) 9Club 8Club 4Spade QSpade

SB checks, UTG bets $8.55, Hero ?

I'd probably have called a normal sized bet but he potted out relatively quickly which looks like a very strong hand. Can I just fold here?

Posted over 2 years ago

5carab

928 posts
Joined 07/2010

I fold without much thought here tbh. We obviously aren't getting the odds and I don't think we really have the implied odds even if he gives us his stack most of the times we hit (especially if we factor in the possibility that we'll lose sometimes on cards like the JDiamond roll off). Its even worse given I don't really imagine we can bluff easily (and if we can, then he probably won't call enough times when we get there). It's annoying to fold here, but I think it's probably correct.

Posted over 2 years ago

Teahupoo

1256 posts
Joined 07/2009

Yes, just fold. We have to hit to win and won't be making enough on the river with .5 SPR when we do. We also can't count on bluffing because he'd be calling Clubs and board pairs getting too-good odds with tons of other stuff missing.

Posted over 2 years ago

wrap_it

1180 posts
Joined 03/2009

What's the smallest betsize you'd call then and is there any concern about the BB? If we overcall, he might be enticed to come along with some dominated draws, giving us better odds and implied odds.

Posted over 2 years ago

strukl

273 posts
Joined 07/2010

why don't we bet the flop?is the SPR too big for us that we don't want to get it in?
TP, OESD, backdor flush isn't that enough in 3bet pot?if not, what if we are HU with UTG

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsPot Limit Omaha → PLO25: NFD facing strong bet