Pot Limit Omaha Poker Forums

100PLO: Kind of weird spot with small flush

or track by Email or RSS

snarble5

1685 posts
Joined 07/2010

Hello everyone,

Villain is 29/15 with a 3% 3 bet over 228 hands. I think every street is probably debateable, but I'll explain what I was thinking.

Pre: my hand is somewhat playable and we're super deep and I'm IP, so I call.

Flop: is pretty dynamic and I can rep turns he checks to me on, so I float. This might be bad given he probably has alot of high rundowns and good AAxx in his preflop range, if he would have bet bigger I'd probably just fold.

Turn: I think he can c/r he me kind of alot since there are a ton of draws availible. Maybe my draw isn't strong enough to check back though?

River: I think he should expect me to have a flush some % of the time? But maybe he doesn't want to get bluffed off the best hand or thinks I have marginal showdown value when I check the turn.

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi $0.20 Ante - 5 players - View hand 1671667
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $774.63
UTG: $249.13
CO: $531.56
Hero (BTN): $250.80
SB: $86.36

Pre Flop: ($2.50) Hero is BTN with 9 Club T Diamond 6 Club 6 Heart
2 folds, Hero raises to $4.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $15, Hero calls $10.50

Flop: ($31.50) Q Club K Club 7 Heart (2 players)
BB bets $17.95, Hero calls $17.95

Turn: ($67.40) 2 Heart (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($67.40) 5 Club (2 players)
BB bets $41.95, Hero folds

Thanks.

Posted over 2 years ago

life nit

225 posts
Joined 11/2010

you post fun hands Grin

would it be too nitty/ horrible to just fold the flop? i think its too good for his range

what hands do you think he would check raise the turn and why do you think he should expect you to bet when he checks?

Posted over 2 years ago

delcrossb

4271 posts
Joined 04/2009

I would call river. When we check back turn it makes us look a lot like a weak show downable hand that is going for pot control, as opposed to a draw.

Posted over 2 years ago

Teahupoo

1256 posts
Joined 07/2009

I think all streets are well played except I would call river as well for the reasons you and delcross proposed. Turn check-back is good with our weakish FD, gutter and possible set outs.

Posted over 2 years ago

shahrad

80 posts
Joined 09/2008

Good fold OTR. He has no reason to bet here AA or a K, cause those hands beat your marginal showdown hands most of the time anyways, I guess you would bet just about any 2 pair on the turn. He has not too many hands which he would have to turn into a bluff. Your flop call and checking back turn has lots of flushes too. He is value betting here too often. Unless you have some special reads on him it is a clear fold.

Posted over 2 years ago

delcrossb

4271 posts
Joined 04/2009

Shahrad I wasn't going to say anything but I am fairly certain that sort of unsolicited coaching offers is not allowed on DC.

Posted over 2 years ago

cam167

858 posts
Joined 09/2009

Can someone please explain to me why we are playing this hand even OTB?
Like why is the case that we are deep a better reason for playing the hand? It's not very nutty, and are we really expecting to get 250bbs in, and be good with a nine high flush, a set of sixes, or are we hoping to spike the straight?

Given his low 3b% I would assume that he primarilly has Aces or strong suited rundowns in his range, wich hits this flop, and tbh I don't really understand villains cbet size here, why so small?
Is it cos he wants to get called with a hand like KQJT, or because he's b/f with aces?

Personally, I think i'm open folding pre, if not, I can see a call on the flop given the price we are getting, but as played I kinda feel we have to call the river, otherwise why are we even calling pre, cos I asume you would fold T966r?

Posted over 2 years ago

snarble5

1685 posts
Joined 07/2010

I think opening this on the button is fine since the blinds were responding generally passively but I should have folded to the 3 bet.

Posted over 2 years ago

cam167

858 posts
Joined 09/2009

Yeah I can see the merrit in opening it as a pure steal, and even though we are always getting a good price to call a 3b in PLO, I don't think that this call will make us a ton of money, especially not given a guy with such low 3b % (could be wrong though) unless we have some reads on how he plays postflop in 3b pots.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsPot Limit Omaha → 100PLO: Kind of weird spot with small flush