SB 90/45 over 30 hands

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
PL Omaha $0.25(BB) Replayer
SB ($14.02)
Hero ($25)
CO ($34.68)
BTN ($25.20)

Dealt to Hero 2Heart 5Heart 2Diamond 5Club

fold, BTN raises to $0.85, SB calls $0.75, Hero ?

Always unsure what to do. 3betting to hope for a set vs two players who'll probably never fold seems insane but it hasn't any playability post and even if I flop a set it's a very weak one. Can I just fold this?

Posted over 2 years ago

PeteH

330 posts
Joined 04/2008

I'm interested in this also.

I sometimes 3bet these from the blinds against stealing TAGs who respect my OOP 3bets when big cards flop but I don't think that's profitable in multiway pots.

Here I'd usually just fold, but I guess setmining after the maniac's call could be profitable.

Posted over 2 years ago

Teahupoo

1256 posts
Joined 07/2009

I agree -- normally a fold multiway OOP but I'd be pretty tempted to see a flop with the superfish in the hand, obviously proceeding cautiously if we flop anything.

Posted over 2 years ago

wrap_it

1180 posts
Joined 03/2009

Take that

SB ($14.02)
Hero ($25)
CO ($34.68)
BTN ($25.20)

fold, BTN raises to $0.85, SB calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.55) 2Spade 8Club 8Spade

SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $1.22, SB calls $1.22, Hero ?

I think checking here should be fairly std since the BTN should be cbetting a very wide range. How to proceed now?

Posted over 2 years ago

orestto

1427 posts
Joined 07/2009

I agree with Teahuppo. As played I think you need to check-raise the flop, it's pretty unlikely you are beat and your opponents are never folding an 8 on this board. If we only call the board can get ugly and situation is very murky going into the and river in a 3-way OOP pot.

Posted over 2 years ago

5carab

928 posts
Joined 07/2010

I would play this hand from the BB 'cas people suck and I expect to make less mistakes than they do at 25PLO, plus it's really very cheap to get into this pot. Once we reach the flop, I would check/raise all the time and fist-pump get it in if given the opportunity. Wouldn't pot it though, would bet slightly less so people could think I'm trying to steal and potentially stick about with a flush draw (this wouldn't be the case if potting allowed me to ship turn, but as it doesn't, I'll give an 8 a slightly better price to lure hands which are dead into doing something stupid).

Posted over 2 years ago

wrap_it

1180 posts
Joined 03/2009

Wow, I can't believe I did this right. I went for a c/r for the exact reasons you stated. I tried to make it as big as possible because noone would ever fold an 8 and we do have a PSB left on the turn. I didn't feel superhappy about having to stick it in on this turn, though:

SB ($14.02)
Hero ($25)
CO ($34.68)
BTN ($25.20)

fold, BTN raises to $0.85, SB calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.55) 2Spade 8Club 8Spade

SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $1.22, SB calls $1.22, Hero raises to $6.70, BTN calls $5.48, SB folds

TURN ($17.17) 2Spade 8Club 8Spade TDiamond

Hero ($17.45) ?

I mean, he has to fold or make a bad call with any 8 that didn't boat up but the T hit his rundowns pretty hard...

Posted over 2 years ago

shuttle

3364 posts
Joined 11/2008

I really think this is a fold pre. I'm not entirely sure, but I think at 25plo the rake will remove the edge from playing hands like this multiway.

Posted over 2 years ago

wrap_it

1180 posts
Joined 03/2009

I've made some calculations. If he opens 40% preflop, his 8x that aren't boats have 25% equity vs my hand and makeup ~6% of his entire range. His hands that have my crushed (T8, 82, TT with spades also within 40% pre) makeup 3% and obviously have me supersmoked on the turn. So if I shove here, he's going to make a slight mistake 2/3 of the time by either folding 25% equity or by making a bad call and calling off a hand that has 8% less equity than it needs for a profitable call. OTOH in 1/3 of the time, I'll get it in almost drawing dead so shouldn't I be c/f here even though it seems weird with my plan on previous streets?

Posted over 2 years ago

rip2076

2 posts
Joined 10/2011

I think main goal on the flop and forward is to keep the pot small

Posted over 2 years ago

rip2076

2 posts
Joined 10/2011

I would fold this pre. Playing small double pairs from OOP will frequently get you in tricky spots even when you hit and you rarely wont be able to play for stacks profitably.

Posted over 2 years ago

wrap_it

1180 posts
Joined 03/2009

I think main goal on the flop and forward is to keep the pot small

But if that's the case - and I can't really disagree given my last post - then what am I hoping to flop with this hand besides quads?

Posted over 2 years ago

Dutch45

99 posts
Joined 03/2010

On a mobile device so cant really flesh out the exact math but based on the range you estimated should be easy get it on the turn. If btn folds the 66% of the time we are ahead we win $17.17 vs. losing $17.45 33% of the time if we have absolutely no equity, betting should show about $5.50 in positive EV.

On flop agree with check raise smaller bc it looks bluffy and we may induce an 8 to get all in on the flop.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsPot Limit Omaha → PLO25: small double pairs OOP