Pot Limit Omaha Poker Forums

Any Rush PLO vids?

or track by Email or RSS

BigStack Husker

3 posts
Joined 08/2009

Just started getting into some rush plo10 and was wondering if there were any videos for it here?

Posted almost 7 years ago

Uptown

127 posts
Joined 03/2009

Uptown

127 posts
Joined 03/2009

In my experience, Rush by nature is a tigher game compared to the regular games at the same stakes.

This leads to increased returns on stealing, but also requires you to show down a stronger range.

my 2c.

arh7rf

402 posts
Joined 01/2010

Ok I used to play Rush PLO10 and i will give you my 2 cents. I beat Rush PLO10 at 7.99bb/100 for 15k hands. I KNOW I KNOW, super small sample size.

Rush PLO10 is the most eploitable game around. Rush PLO25 is a totally different story. You can rep very strong ranges and people will believe you. If they aren't playing back at you 95% of the time they don't have the nuts and are drawing to something that can beat the nuts.

Triple barrel bluffing WORKS. Make sure that nothing falls that changes the nuts if you are going to do this. If the board comes monotone and you are in position always bet 1/2 pot. If you get a caller 80% of the time they have a set or a small flush... sometimes top 2.

I read my stats from OM and whenever I was crushing I had an avg VPIP/PFR of about 22/16.. Whenever I was playing with a VPIP above 30 I was just pissing money away

If you play between a 20-27 VPIP with a 16-22 PFR (obviously you have to know your starting hands you can't just blatantly manipulate the stats) you should CRUSH the game.

If you PM me I will give you my skype and I will be glad to help you out and sweat you. I always wanted to help someone else crush this game. I no longer play this game because I think playing Rush PLO is detrimental to your game but it is a good way to build a roll.

Uptown

127 posts
Joined 03/2009

yeah... I probably played 100K hands of rush100, and there were so many things I didn't like about the game even though I was fond of the faster pace.

Dizgizzle

114 posts
Joined 06/2008

I was hoping to see some rush PLO vids to see where I was making mistakes. Can't seem to beat rush PLO, but fare much better at the regular tables. Lot more loose passive fish showing down with garbage, where in the rush game I was having to tighten up considerably.

HRPaperstacks

2194 posts
Joined 07/2009

Also, check out this thread:

Observations on FTP Rush 25 PLO 6max

Rush can be very tight, particularly (US) weekday mornings, but weekends, particularly Friday and Saturday night, $25 PLO Rush is a mad house. Tons of fish, tons of loose/bad/crazy play.

n0whereman

3107 posts
Joined 01/2008

I played about 10k hands of rush 50PLO to see what the fuss was about and got completely destroyed, so I'm probably not your man for a video Smile

5carab

928 posts
Joined 07/2010

I played about 10k hands of rush 50PLO to see what the fuss was about and got completely destroyed, so I'm probably not your man for a video Smile

Guess you were the spot 'cas that game basically doesn't run anymore Poke Tongue

n0whereman

3107 posts
Joined 01/2008

Guess you were the spot 'cas that game basically doesn't run anymore Poke Tongue

Ha yeah that's right I checked a couple of weeks ago and saw that only 25 and 100 run. weird.

DJ Sensei

3298 posts
Joined 10/2007

I'm interested in hearing more opinions about rush PLO! It may or may not have to do with upcoming content. (gaspy face)

worpler

384 posts
Joined 10/2008

it seems quite nitty most of the time...

Don't tease us.....tell us what you know!!Wink

HRPaperstacks

2194 posts
Joined 07/2009

Here are some negatives:

* Small time bank, leaving less time to think things through.

* Note taking very difficult -- if you normally take notes after a showdown, it's too late, the player is gone in Rush.

* Very high player pool turnover, which makes it hard to develop long term player reads. Even "regs" seem to go broke or move up/down before you can get 1k hands on them. I've got over 80k of hands at $25 PLO, but only about 3 regs with more than 1k hands seen.

Buzz

286 posts
Joined 09/2008

Yes, Rush PLO50 does not except once in a month.
I am stuck at PLO25 for the same reason.
Not a bad thing to be overrolled and playing A-game.
But after 120k hands of rush PLO and doing okay, I want to move up.

I had made rush play videos.
I had N0whereman review one video but not too much in detail about adjustments to rush (he talks a lot, lol).
Actually I was losing a lot and after N0whereman's coaching sessions (he talked about regular PLO) I started winning.
So I guess there is not too much difference from regular PLO.

I can share more observations later....

delcrossb

4280 posts
Joined 04/2009

I do not recommend anyone who plans on getting better at PLO play rush PLO.

HomePoker ForumsPot Limit Omaha → Any Rush PLO vids?