Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by goldseraph (Micro/Small Stakes)

Full Ring Evolution: Episode Four

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Full Ring Evolution: Episode Four by goldseraph

Goldseraph loads up some micro-stake tables and grinds out a full ring session.

About Full Ring Evolution Subscribe to

Goldseraph, in his first full length series, covers strategies for beating today's full ring games while progressing from 10nl through 100nl on the merge network.

Tags

nlhe full ring goldseraph frnlhe full ring evolution

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 40 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Full Ring Evolution: Episode Four

or track by Email or RSS

zooroaster

262 posts
Joined 01/2011

Time Link to 00:13:37

You fold A8o in the CO. I mostly play 6max myself but is this really outside of your CO range opening range? or are you folding just because of the short stack nature of both blinds? Both blinds seem tight.

Posted over 2 years ago

StueysKid

1018 posts
Joined 11/2009

you always have your chat turned off?

Posted over 2 years ago

goldseraph

1461 posts
Joined 03/2008

You fold A8o in the CO. I mostly play 6max myself but is this really outside of your CO range opening range? or are you folding just because of the short stack nature of both blinds? Both blinds seem tight.

I will often fold A8o in the CO. I feel that you get flatted by too many better aces, 3bet too often (its not a very good hand to call a 3bet or 4bet bluff), or just get flatted and dont flop a board where you bet 2 streets if even one. If the button and blinds seem very tight I will raise it though.

Stack size also plays into it, as it always does. I think we have to have tighter ranges when we dont have the stack depth to do much bluffing postflop, or to 4bet light.

Posted over 2 years ago

goldseraph

1461 posts
Joined 03/2008

you always have your chat turned off?

yeah I use minimode so I can't even see chat usually. the only time I will look at it is to say something after a hand, or if something happens with a reg where I expect they might say something.

Posted over 2 years ago

goldseraph

1461 posts
Joined 03/2008

do you guys like the live play format, any suggestions for the 2nd half of the series? I have a plan but I am definitely flexible.

Posted over 2 years ago

ocd193

424 posts
Joined 02/2011

I think the live play is great but the last member video review was awesome. I often think I learn more when coaches review imperfect play.

Posted over 2 years ago

goldseraph

1461 posts
Joined 03/2008

what stakes do you play ocd? i will probably be doing at least one more member review of hh's or a video

Posted over 2 years ago

ocd193

424 posts
Joined 02/2011

Mostly 10nl with some occasional 25nl when I'm feeling frisky.

Posted over 2 years ago

shuttle

3364 posts
Joined 11/2008

With regards to the A8o hand in the CO I think the number 1 factor is how often they fold preflop.

Posted over 2 years ago

StueysKid

1018 posts
Joined 11/2009

I think the live play is great but the last member video review was awesome. I often think I learn more when coaches review imperfect play.

I think in general it's easier to point out mistakes than to repeatedly see standard stuff. Mistakes will stand out more and become more memorable + usually a justification needs to be made that will lead to greater discussion and depth of understanding.

Posted over 2 years ago

zooroaster

262 posts
Joined 01/2011

If you don't mind me asking, what are you playing, Goldseraph? Is it 100nl?

Posted over 2 years ago

zooroaster

262 posts
Joined 01/2011

BTW...w/ regard to A8o question...where I play in 6max, I think that raising w A8o in that spot against those with their respective VPIP will yield a profit on the whole in regards to stealing blinds.

Like I said, I don't really play FR but what are your thoughts? Is that a leak to have a range that wide without taking in account stake size(I know, I know). Its more a thought of the level of resistance of 10NL which I have been stuck at for some time.

Posted over 2 years ago

goldseraph

1461 posts
Joined 03/2008

If you don't mind me asking, what are you playing, Goldseraph? Is it 100nl?

I usually play 100-200nl. Occasionally jump in something higher if there are good games and I've been doing well. Occasionally grind 50nl when the BBJ on merge is dead or the 100/200 games are really bad.

Posted over 2 years ago

goldseraph

1461 posts
Joined 03/2008

BTW...w/ regard to A8o question...where I play in 6max, I think that raising w A8o in that spot against those with their respective VPIP will yield a profit on the whole in regards to stealing blinds.

Like I said, I don't really play FR but what are your thoughts? Is that a leak to have a range that wide without taking in account stake size(I know, I know). Its more a thought of the level of resistance of 10NL which I have been stuck at for some time.

I think you should definitely take into account all relevant factors when raising A8o in the cutoff, because I don't think it is a 'standard' play like raising AQ or AJo there which you would do basically regardless of the 3 players in front of you and their stack sizes or tendencies. I would want a good combination of fold equity and playability versus resistance. Having someone who 3bet/5bets aggressively in the blinds would be bad because we can not call a 3bet with A8o, and we will often get jammed on so 4betting is also not very good. And if he flats the 4bet which is becoming more common, A8o plays pretty terribly. You basically have to have a lot of fold equity, plus players who when they don't fold are often flatting hands you dominate, or just playing ridiculously face up postflop.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsFull Ring No Limit → Full Ring Evolution : Episode Four