Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by threads13 (Mid Stakes)

Come Full Circle: Episode Eleven

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Come Full Circle: Episode Eleven by threads13

Threads13 continues on with his crushing of the 200NL games.

About Come Full Circle Subscribe to

Threads13 returns to the virtual felt at the Merge Network. Learn about how the FR games are playing, and what strategy adjustments you should make, post-BF.

Tags

threads13 come full circle frnlhe full ring 200nl 200 nl $1/2

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 60 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Come Full Circle: Episode Eleven

or track by Email or RSS

CDA

1526 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:40:07

Is there any merit with calling the KK hand here when you think the players behind you are 3betting a bunch vs. you?

Posted over 2 years ago

CDA

1526 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:40:07

Also, you mentioned the games were pretty good when you were playing. Not sure if you said what time, but do you find some times are better than others. As a US player on Merge, I find I have been paying a lot more attention to "prime time" than I ever did before April. Do you think it matters that much what time of day you play?

Personally I feel like the non-prime time games are full of a lot of rakeback nits and short stackers and there aren't that many tables to choose from. They also break constantly as players (I'm guessing) are trying to find tables not overrun by short stackers.

Posted over 2 years ago

kerwinty

559 posts
Joined 05/2011

loving the series threads. One comment about kk 3-betting loose passive. From my experience, though stakes obviously differ, since there are SOOOO MANY of these guys, I've had to figure out how to keep them in with my strong range but at same time getting enough value/pot big enough. One thing I seem to notice is when my 3 bet is over 3x pot, even bad fish recognize the size (strength) of the raise and that they are oop, and actually fold more. Even with fold to 3 bets under 20-30 percent. So have adjusted to do my best to keep them in playing a super strong range ip against rec players. Just my two cents from recent experience against huge player pool of these types of players.... Keep up the sick vids.

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

2379 posts
Joined 03/2008

Is there any merit with calling the KK hand here when you think the players behind you are 3betting a bunch vs. you?

For sure, but I don't think this is the best spot for it as it's not a spot where I expect to get squeezed that light. It's not exactly a great squeeze spot from the players behind us persepective.

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

2379 posts
Joined 03/2008

Also, you mentioned the games were pretty good when you were playing. Not sure if you said what time, but do you find some times are better than others. As a US player on Merge, I find I have been paying a lot more attention to "prime time" than I ever did before April. Do you think it matters that much what time of day you play?

Personally I feel like the non-prime time games are full of a lot of rakeback nits and short stackers and there aren't that many tables to choose from. They also break constantly as players (I'm guessing) are trying to find tables not overrun by short stackers.

I totally agree. The evening time Eastern Time is pretty much when the games are best, but another time that's pretty good is after the bars close in the Eastern time. That's about 1am on. Smile I've noticed there aren't as many regs and there are some pretty splashy players. At that time there's definitely some good games to be playing in. I usually play from the late afternoon on.

I've also noticed there's a ridiculous amount of short stackers on earlier in the day. I think most regs would do well to spend a few hours working on adjusting their game to short stackers. It's close to solvebale with some math because it's just a preflop game for the most part.

Posted over 2 years ago

Finnisher

205 posts
Joined 09/2009

Time Link to 00:56:44

A9 on #3: You say you'd raise vs a bet without the caller in the middle. Imo it's an interesting/tough spot with the strength a raise shows but you don't really want to wait either and villain's range isn't necessarily that strong even vs a raise. I guess the question there is do you agree? If it's a 12/8-kinda guy leading the turn would you call down hoping he doesn't blast the river? If the board was less coordinated (vs this fishy guy) would you wait and pop him on the river?

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

2379 posts
Joined 03/2008

A9 on #3: You say you'd raise vs a bet without the caller in the middle. Imo it's an interesting/tough spot with the strength a raise shows but you don't really want to wait either and villain's range isn't necessarily that strong even vs a raise. I guess the question there is do you agree? If it's a 12/8-kinda guy leading the turn would you call down hoping he doesn't blast the river? If the board was less coordinated (vs this fishy guy) would you wait and pop him on the river?

I think the thing is that we want to raise partially because the board can get kind of ugly. This is true, but at the end of the day if we only get action from better (I think that would be the case if we raised a nit here) then I don't think we should raise. We do have a reasonable probablity of sucking out here vs most hands. When the second guy calls vs a reasonably strong looking bet it becomes pretty tricky to raise as our equity in general goes down, and, as you mentioned, it looks really strong if we raise there.

So... vs a nit I would just call down. I don't think we have very many better options.

If the guy was a station... why wait to raise? Smile He's going to call a lot, right? Just raise unless you think you get better value by waiting. This would be the case if you thought he was very likely to bet again on the river, but you have to weigh that against letting him realize his equity. I'd be really likely to raise there.

Posted over 2 years ago

lblnsfinest

4 posts
Joined 02/2012

Hey guys can you please tell me how I can do the "timeLink"??
Thanks!

Posted over 2 years ago

CDA

1526 posts
Joined 01/2009

Hey guys can you please tell me how I can do the "timeLink"??
Thanks!

Pause the video and then click on the button that says, "comment from timeline"

Posted over 2 years ago

MaskedManQc

614 posts
Joined 02/2011

Time Link to 00:14:02

Interesting spot on table 3 with the KQo. Do you have any estimation of vilain's cold 4 betting range here? Isn't shoving KQs (like you suggested) in this spot a little optimistic? What are your basic assumptions here on vilain's 4 betting range and calling range here when we shove? Running quick EV calculations, it seems that vilain needs to 4 bet a lot (above 5%) here to make a shove with KQs EV+, when I consider a calling range of AK/QQ+.

And would you consider shoving KQs if let's say you would be the open raiser, that you got 3 bet by the BTN and the SB went for a 4 bet as well? This kind of spot is very common at 200NL on Stars in late position wars.

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

2379 posts
Joined 03/2008

Interesting spot on table 3 with the KQo. Do you have any estimation of vilain's cold 4 betting range here? Isn't shoving KQs (like you suggested) in this spot a little optimistic? What are your basic assumptions here on vilain's 4 betting range and calling range here when we shove? Running quick EV calculations, it seems that vilain needs to 4 bet a lot (above 5%) here to make a shove with KQs EV+, when I consider a calling range of AK/QQ+.

And would you consider shoving KQs if let's say you would be the open raiser, that you got 3 bet by the BTN and the SB went for a 4 bet as well? This kind of spot is very common at 200NL on Stars in late position wars.

Yeah, I've also taken a look at the math in this situation, and totally agree it's often going to be difficult to shove things like KQs which are often our next tier shoving hands. In this particular spot I agree that we probably shouldn't be shoving very light given that we are 3-betting a really tight player in the first place. It really comes down to just paying attention to the player and trying to get a feel for how often they seem to be doing these sort of things. It's not a bad idea to pull them up in your DB and take a look at situations where they could cold 4-bet in a reasonable spot and then tally up how often they pull the trigger and when they do how often they stack off or fold. This is particularly helpful if it's someone you've played with a lot. It's hard to get an idea on how often these things are going on without doing a little research away from the tables.

If I were the open raise I would shove really tight. Probably something like JJ+,AK. We still have to deal with the 3-bettor who sometimes gets to have a premium. We won't pick up that pot that often simply because we have to make two people fold. Let's say both fold 70%. It's hard to really have an idea of how often they will both fold, but playing with this numbers helps you get a better grasp. I ran some math on this and if they both fold 70% then you need about 35% equity to shove in. Vs JJ+,AK this means shoving JJ+,AK. If they fold a little more you can add in your medium PPs and AQs, KQs, KJs, etc.

BTW, I think people cold 4-bet too much. Maybe it's just me, but I did a recent study on when I'm cold 4-betting in these LP wars and my success rate is only like 45%.

Posted over 2 years ago

Paully_V

92 posts
Joined 07/2011

heya Threads. Loved the series. Found it really good in this last one to see that everyone can have a session where nothing seems to work. Your two big pots were chops. Frown and not much went your way.

Did you find the play differed much from the 100NL you started the series playing to the 200Nl in the later vids?

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

2379 posts
Joined 03/2008

heya Threads. Loved the series. Found it really good in this last one to see that everyone can have a session where nothing seems to work. Your two big pots were chops. Frown and not much went your way.

Did you find the play differed much from the 100NL you started the series playing to the 200Nl in the later vids?

I think the main thing I noticed is the 200NL games tend to have a bit more preflop aggression. The games are pretty similar, though.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsFull Ring No Limit → Come Full Circle : Episode Eleven