Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by threads13 (Mid Stakes)

Come Full Circle: Episode Seven

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Come Full Circle: Episode Seven by threads13

Another week sees Threads13 playing a 4-tabling session at 200NL

About Come Full Circle Subscribe to

Threads13 returns to the virtual felt at the Merge Network. Learn about how the FR games are playing, and what strategy adjustments you should make, post-BF.

Tags

threads13 come full circle frnlhe full ring 200nl 200 nl $1/2

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 59 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Come Full Circle: Episode Seven

or track by Email or RSS

pumpui

69 posts
Joined 07/2008

just wanted to mention that ive been watching alot of ur and sthiefs videos lately, the two of u are my favorite instructors atm and have helped me in many ways while struggling during my bad streak

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

2385 posts
Joined 03/2008

just wanted to mention that ive been watching alot of ur and sthiefs videos lately, the two of u are my favorite instructors atm and have helped me in many ways while struggling during my bad streak

Thank you for the kind words.

Posted over 2 years ago

Seq

31 posts
Joined 03/2010

Time Link to 00:07:27

I desire that skill bro, teach me how to do that! Wink

BTW, solid as always threads13.

Posted over 2 years ago

PotSmuggler

28 posts
Joined 07/2011

Hey threads, these are my fav vids because they're the ones I can relate to the most! Was wondering why you fold so many of the smaller pocket pairs? Is that just the most +ev move in general? Watching your vids really makes me feel spewy, haha.

Posted over 2 years ago

Seq

31 posts
Joined 03/2010

Time Link to 00:21:47

I agree, have noticed that also. And when shoved, they usually had AK.

Posted over 2 years ago

Seq

31 posts
Joined 03/2010

Time Link to 00:34:38

Yeah, that turbo shove its rather AK, so we should have call in that spot, right?
Having trouble sometimes with that. Smile

What's interesting, knowing these tendencies and playing vs quite thinking players I sometimes use that as a trick, when I open from UTG w/ AA, KK, get called by reg from LP ( and i know they can call me w/ 99, TT, JJ, sometimes QQ) and get 3b from the blinds, from the player like this Kosino guy, I shove and often get called by these middle pp.

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

2385 posts
Joined 03/2008

Hey threads, these are my fav vids because they're the ones I can relate to the most! Was wondering why you fold so many of the smaller pocket pairs? Is that just the most +ev move in general? Watching your vids really makes me feel spewy, haha.

I play them any time I feel it will be profitable to do so. In EP we don't get to take down the pot that often pre-flop and the small PPs are mostly good for hitting sets post-flop. If we aren't going to get paid when we hit sets, which is easy to do because when you're IP people are trying to hit sets vs you, then the hands aren't +EV to open. We need someone who pays off light to make us want to play these hands, or we need to take down the pot a lot pre-flop/on the flop with a c-bet.

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

2385 posts
Joined 03/2008

Yeah, that turbo shove its rather AK, so we should have call in that spot, right?
Having trouble sometimes with that. Smile

What's interesting, knowing these tendencies and playing vs quite thinking players I sometimes use that as a trick, when I open from UTG w/ AA, KK, get called by reg from LP ( and i know they can call me w/ 99, TT, JJ, sometimes QQ) and get 3b from the blinds, from the player like this Kosino guy, I shove and often get called by these middle pp.

The problem about the pot is it's a split pot situation so the odds to call is all much harder to do on the fly. The presence of the short stacker shoving makes it a lot more interesting. I'm honestly not sure what the answer to the question is here because of the side pot considerations. Maybe I'll run it through Pokerazor.

Posted over 2 years ago

Finnisher

205 posts
Joined 09/2009

Time Link to 00:19:07

TT on #2: Why did you bet smallish on the turn here? And are you calling a jam? What if you had A8?

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

2385 posts
Joined 03/2008

TT on #2: Why did you bet smallish on the turn here? And are you calling a jam? What if you had A8?

I actually wouldn't go as far as to call that "small". Smile It's about 2/3's pot. I think I probably bet too big and shouldn't even be betting. Looking at his calling range our equity isn't that great on the turn. Since I'm putting it in behind vs his range, then the reason for betting must be protection, but there isnt' really that many hands I need to protect against, AND free card could potentially do me a lot of good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Board: 8s 7c 6h 3c
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 35.124% 32.85% 02.27% 318 22.00 { TcTs }
Hand 1: 64.876% 62.60% 02.27% 606 22.00 { JJ-77, 33 }

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's hard to add much more equity to our range than that. Does he c/c flop with 55/44? Does he have A8s in his range? 98s? Seems optmistic but he's an unknown. Let's be optimstic.

Dead:

Hand 0: 54.633% 53.50% 01.14% 1224 26.00 { TcTs }
Hand 1: 45.367% 44.23% 01.14% 1012 26.00 { JJ-33, A8s, T8s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s }

Still not that great. Seems like I should be checking the turn here.

If we have A8s it's even more of a check as our equity is even worse.

Dead:

Hand 0: 14.515% 14.52% 00.00% 479 0.00 { A8s }
Hand 1: 85.485% 85.48% 00.00% 2821 0.00 { JJ-77, 33 }

Note this story could change a lot if we were in a spot where we opened in LP and were playing vs a player who flatted in the blinds. His range should be wider so we're more likely to be getting called twice by A7s and things that we have really good equity against.

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

2385 posts
Joined 03/2008

Ran the TT hand through Pokerazor.

I gave up UTG a range of AK/JJ/TT and 10% AA/KK/AQ.

I gave the SB a range of 99+/AQ+.

Let me know what you think of those assumptions.

It was -6.4bb to call with TT.

Posted over 2 years ago

Finnisher

205 posts
Joined 09/2009

Note this story could change a lot if we were in a spot where we opened in LP and were playing vs a player who flatted in the blinds. His range should be wider so we're more likely to be getting called twice by A7s and things that we have really good equity against.

Ya I was probly overestimating his range, he did buy-in for exactly 100 so he's not necessarily horrible.

If he was a 40/8 or something like that would you bet this size on the turn then also (20 into 32)?

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

2385 posts
Joined 03/2008

Ya I was probly overestimating his range, he did buy-in for exactly 100 so he's not necessarily horrible.

If he was a 40/8 or something like that would you bet this size on the turn then also (20 into 32)?

I dunno... what do you think our equity is on the turn in this situation? Wink

Posted over 2 years ago

Finnisher

205 posts
Joined 09/2009

I dunno... what do you think our equity is on the turn in this situation? Wink

Heh, thank you Smile

Board: 8s 7c 3h 6h
Dead:

Hand 0: 33.659% 33.05% 00.61% 2676 49.00 { AA, JJ-33, AhKh, AhQh, AhJh, A8s, Ah7h, Ah3h, K8s, Kh7h, Kh3h, Q8s, Qh7h, Qh3h, J8s+, Jh7h, T7s+, 97s+, 85s+, 74s+, 64s+, 53s+, 43s, A8o, K8o, Q8o, J8o+, T8o+, 98o }
Hand 1: 66.341% 65.74% 00.61% 5322 49.00 { TcTs }

I started on combonator w/ bout 50% range which is pretty wide but eh. Flop he calls any pair, some overcard combos, gutters, stuff. On the turn his range that continues vs a bet is any 8+, pair+draws, some Ahxh and stuff that beats us.

Taking out some 8x combos and pair+gutters I still get like 63% equity. And both ranges include sets, 2 pairs, some overpairs which might raise the flop so I think his range on the turn is probably slightly worse. A8 vs the tighter range is actually a dog which surprises me.

A lot of stuff in that wide range is obv weak and won't be happy on the river which is why I assumed you'd bet bigger on the turn and entice him to just get the rest in as well (not necessarily the case in the vid since he wasn't a confirmed LP-fish).

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsFull Ring No Limit → Come Full Circle : Episode Seven