Full Ring No Limit Poker Forums

50NL QQ facing river c/r all-in.

or track by Email or RSS

OneTimeBaby

27 posts
Joined 05/2011

Villain is running 17/13 with 3bet % of 6 over 122 hands.
Don't have much reads on him and no history between us.
When he flats, I put him on any small to medium PP and maybe some suited connectors.
AJ+ and Js+ I think he would have 3bet me.
I bet the river to get value from some stubborn TX or 66/99 type of hands.
When he c/r shoves over my bet, I think I'm crushed here since all the draws got there.
And he could have slow played Ts or 7s too.
Is this a good fold or bad fold?
Checking behind the river or betting for thin value?

Poker Stars $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 1507781
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $23.70
MP1: $49.50
MP2: $61.75
Hero (CO): $67.10
BTN: $62.00
SB: $50.00
BB: $55.00
UTG: $67.95

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with Q Spade Q Heart
4 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 1 fold, SB calls $1, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.75) 4 Club 7 Diamond T Heart (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB folds, BB calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) 4 Heart (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $5.50, BB calls $5.50

River: ($19.75) 8 Diamond (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $10.00, BB raises to $45.75, Hero folds

Final Pot: $39.75
BB wins $37.85
(Rake: $1.90)

Posted almost 3 years ago

Aldourshaxley

1 posts
Joined 04/2010

What do you mean "all the draws got there"? no Flushdraw on board, and since the 4 paired on the turn, he couldn't really have c/c turn with 65, or even J9, Plus: You did not even put those in his range, neither did you put any 4's, maybe A4s.

Considdering this, why did you fold? 44, 77, TT and 88 are pretty much the only hands that beat you, and thats only 10 combos, assuming your pre flop range analysis is correct, maybe some occasionally badly called turn draw that got there.. You couldn't beat any Vale c/r, though, or do you think it is possible that villain V shoved T8 or 87? So the question becomes wheter he bluffs, or bluffs enough. You got a bit better then 2:1, so he would have needed to bluff at least 5 combos. Would he? He would have needed to turn some type of Tx or 7x hand into a bluff. I think thats probably not the case at 50 NL full ring. So good fold, I'd say.

OneTimeBaby

27 posts
Joined 05/2011

He could have 56s or J9s there since SB flats pf.
And the way I played this hand, my line looks pretty strong given that I 3barrel on this board.
So I think he has to be very ballsy to bluff me on the river.
Been playing for a few days at this level, I seldom find these TAGs bluffing all their stacks.
That's why I decided to fold.
Maybe I was wrong. Poke Tongue

joel

136 posts
Joined 02/2011

I think you're facing a boat a ton of the time here, especially since villain seems pretty taggish.

OneTimeBaby

27 posts
Joined 05/2011

Thanks for the inputs guys.
What do you think about the river play then?
Is it better to check back or bet?
If you choose to bet, how much would you bet then?
Will betting too small on the river increase villain's bluff frequency?
Assuming villain is a thinking player.

joel

136 posts
Joined 02/2011

I think you played it fine. To be honest I'd bet-fold a little bigger on the R, maybe 14 or so. There's a good chance Tx looks you up.

Human_Benz

353 posts
Joined 04/2010

River raises are usually for value... So I would just fold here

MaskedManQc

614 posts
Joined 02/2011

Thanks for the inputs guys.
What do you think about the river play then?
Is it better to check back or bet?
If you choose to bet, how much would you bet then?
Will betting too small on the river increase villain's bluff frequency?
Assuming villain is a thinking player.

I think you played it fine and could bet OTR for thin value. You could underbet river if you think he can call with any Tx and maybe JJ or things like that. I think this is thin OTR, so betting like 7-8$ would be fine.

Do you have a reliable agg% on vilain and overall aggression numbers? I don't see a lot of bluffs in vilain's range in this spot at 50NL, like already mentionned. Fold here unless vilain is very aggro and you have notes on him saying that he is doing it as a bluff often enough to be EV+.

Here you have to invest 35,75$ to win 66,50$. You need to be good 35% of the time to be EV+. So, vilain needs to bluff more than 35% here for your call to be profitable. I guess theses number speaks for themselves and will convince you this is a clear fold! Smile

betman313

2214 posts
Joined 09/2010

I think you played it fine and could bet OTR for thin value. You could underbet river if you think he can call with any Tx and maybe JJ or things like that. I think this is thin OTR, so betting like 7-8$ would be fine.

Do you have a reliable agg% on vilain and overall aggression numbers? I don't see a lot of bluffs in vilain's range in this spot at 50NL, like already mentionned. Fold here unless vilain is very aggro and you have notes on him saying that he is doing it as a bluff often enough to be EV+.

Here you have to invest 35,75$ to win 66,50$. You need to be good 35% of the time to be EV+. So, vilain needs to bluff more than 35% here for your call to be profitable. I guess theses number speaks for themselves and will convince you this is a clear fold! Smile

i think this is a clear value bet on the river. thin would be 99 or Tx but with QQ its not really thin especially when bb overcalls pre your 2.5x raise his range is probably wider than normally from the bb. he will have more speculative hands that hit a T,8,7 a lot of the time. i think you can bet a little bigger on each street but if you folded river you played it fine imo. against the average tag at NL50 you won't see a bluff very often on the river as played

RapidEvolution

312 posts
Joined 06/2008

Are regs routinely calling three streets OOP with 66/99? I think the river is thin, but without history, I'd bet for thin value and information (mainly what kinds of hands he'll check-call down with). Folding to the raise is fine.

HomePoker ForumsFull Ring No Limit → 50NL QQ facing river c/r all-in.