Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by DJ Sensei (Micro/Small Stakes)

Full Ring NL Dojo: The Fellowship: Episode One

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Full Ring NL Dojo: The Fellowship: Episode One by DJ Sensei, threads13

One ring to rule them all and in the No Limit bind them. DJ Sensei begins his epic fellowship quest with this HH review with his travelling partners.

About Full Ring NL Dojo: The Fellowship Subscribe to

FATE HAS CHOSEN THEM. DJ SENSEI WILL PROTECT THEM.

Tags

dj sensei full ring nl dojo hh review hand replayer ipod friendly 100nl threads13 100 nl

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 55 minutes long
  • Posted about 5 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Full Ring NL Dojo: The Fellowship: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

Bazman76

345 posts
Joined 11/2008

Isn't the strength of the bet on the end that is seems to be a credible signal of pot commitment from the hero; you can't raise-fold in that spot with much frequency can you?

Posted about 5 years ago

mogwai316

712 posts
Joined 07/2008

Time Link to 00:49:21

(77 hand)

The villain in this hand is extremely floaty, he will call me with just about any two cards anytime he's in position preflop, and I don't think he's ever folded to one of my cbets in thousands of hands. He's also the type that will bet 99% of the time when checked to. So I feel like firing the 3rd barrel is essential in this spot, otherwise I will almost certainly get bluffed off the best hand if I check the river (reading this again, I guess that means I should hero call, but ugh).

Also he knows that I'm very tight from the first 3 positions, which means that there is very little air in my range here (AQ is about all I can think of). I chose to bet half-pot because I thought it looked like I was going for value and wanted a call, and it would save me a little money if he shoved and I had to fold - plus it's still gotta look to him like he has zero fold equity. I hate having that kind of stack to pot ratio on the river, though; it feels like anything you do is wrong. But I don't think there was any way to really avoid it in this hand.

Posted about 5 years ago

Tonto

101 posts
Joined 04/2008

I thought these videos were supposed to be four hours long with an extra 2-3 hours of extra footage available in the DVD version?

Smile i like it....n1

Posted about 5 years ago

threads13

2401 posts
Joined 03/2008

Hello, in the second hand (33) Dont you think the small cbet of less than half pot could induce bluff a lot more often? I have seen a lot check/raise in small flops like that, even when I make larger cbets.

It certainly could but I find that most of the 12/7 types at these stakes(and even more aggressive players to an extent) don't really respond to things like that. He is kinda just going to do what he is going to do, imo. If he is going to c/c he is probably going to c/c as long as I make a reasonably sized bet(and maybe even when I don't Smile). In addition, since I have a somewhat small hand, the flop is really dry, and my range is somewhat wide I tend like making smaller bets.

Posted about 5 years ago

KritiKal

67 posts
Joined 07/2008

Time Link to 00:42:00

Is shoving turn ever a consideration here? We would likely do the same with all of our strong hands after calling the flop. Calling seems to have much less value since all of the hands we hit make for a scary board and it will be more difficult to extract.

Perhaps we need a more specific read he is weak to consider that line? Is he too loose and has already put too much money in to think about shoving?

Posted about 5 years ago

siguy68

10 posts
Joined 09/2009

Time Link to 00:11:32

Taking away the action of betting or checking, what do you feel is better for your/the game to check and showdown 22 or bet/get called and showdown 22. Or bet and he folds without showing 22, if that makes sence ?

Posted about 5 years ago

siguy68

10 posts
Joined 09/2009

Time Link to 00:33:01

Doesn't the cx/raise look like a draw ? and the call look like a "i wanna a safe turn card. without knowing bb's stats if he had a hand with a K in it would he not be 3 betting, or if say he had k small wouldn't he be tring to get to showdown ?

Posted about 5 years ago

siguy68

10 posts
Joined 09/2009

Time Link to 00:33:23

cont..... would he really call from bb with K small.Doesn't it looks like a set or nothing ??

Posted about 5 years ago

groove

57 posts
Joined 06/2008

5-star poker content, but not enough role-playing imo.

Posted almost 5 years ago

threads13

2401 posts
Joined 03/2008

Taking away the action of betting or checking, what do you feel is better for your/the game to check and showdown 22 or bet/get called and showdown 22. Or bet and he folds without showing 22, if that makes sence ?

You essentially mean what is best for our metagame, right?

Honestly I don't think that is too much of a consideration at these stakes and against players like that. Generally speaking a guy with stats like that is likely to be multi-tabling and playing his own game with little adjustments.

If we are concerned about that though I would prefer to have the image of an aggressive player so that I can get some lighter call downs so I think betting is better.

flushkush

1 posts
Joined 10/2009

Time Link to 00:00:39

This gives him more outs I believe because of the "counterfeit" effect right? Where if the board flops a two pair and both of the pairs are higher than your pocket pairs since poker is the best five cards, your pocket 2's become irrelevant

DJ Sensei

3298 posts
Joined 10/2007

This gives him more outs I believe because of the "counterfeit" effect right? Where if the board flops a two pair and both of the pairs are higher than your pocket pairs since poker is the best five cards, your pocket 2's become irrelevant

I'm having a hard time figuring what exactly you're referring to since the timestamp you shared wasn't correlated to any strategic discussion (I think 08:32 is what you're aiming for), but I believe you have the right idea. Counterfeiting is not something that we'll really have to deal with too often, though when it is relevant (as is the case on the turn in the pocket 2's hand) it will decrease the equity of the small pair. (However it also slightly increases the equity of the pair if its up against a made flush or straight!)

BigJimJones

43 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:52:49

hmmmmm not quite sure if he is folding a pair of 99s here.. Might put it right back in the face on the river with that hand.

soooted

13 posts
Joined 02/2008

Is it just me or is anyone else chuckling every time DJ Sensei asks the crew on the turn "what would you do here" they all answer they want to fire another barrel.

Posted over 4 years ago

bobpok

37 posts
Joined 02/2010

Time Link to 00:52:50

Do you think there any Jx hands in his PF calling range? I think the only Jx hands are QJs, JTs. Isn't the turn bet a value bet against draws not a bluff? I think his turn cont range is Jx, Kx+FD and draws. All draws missed. Jx isn't gonna bet the river. If we check the river, he checks back his Jx and bets Kx and missed draws. Because there are more draws in his range than made hands isn't it better to c/c the river? We have a good hand with a pretty good SD value and by betting we're turning it into a complete bluff(and most better hands call anyway so it's a bad bluff).
So the big question is: are we betting river to make him fold missed draws that we already beat? if so - why would we bet if we are ahead and he never calls with worse and folds anything better except Jx.

Posted over 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsFull Ring No Limit → Full Ring NL Dojo: The Fellowship : Episode One