Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by DJ Sensei (Micro/Small Stakes)

Full Ring NL Dojo: The Fellowship: Episode One

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Full Ring NL Dojo: The Fellowship: Episode One by DJ Sensei, threads13

One ring to rule them all and in the No Limit bind them. DJ Sensei begins his epic fellowship quest with this HH review with his travelling partners.

About Full Ring NL Dojo: The Fellowship Subscribe to

FATE HAS CHOSEN THEM. DJ SENSEI WILL PROTECT THEM.

Tags

dj sensei full ring nl dojo hh review hand replayer ipod friendly 100nl threads13 100 nl

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 55 minutes long
  • Posted almost 5 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Full Ring NL Dojo: The Fellowship: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

DerBene

12 posts
Joined 03/2009

MPHansen

2001 posts
Joined 07/2008

ohjoy

431 posts
Joined 07/2008

This Series: Full Ring NL Dojo: The Fellowship

FATE HAS CHOSEN THEM. DJ SENSEI WILL PROTECT THEM.

i lol'd

Posted almost 5 years ago

pontylad

6 posts
Joined 09/2008

Crackmonkey

599 posts
Joined 06/2009

Apparently my Skype went into rapping mode on the 55 hand. What I was trying to say there was that I like 3 betting a wide button opener with a lot of hands, and that 55 isn't a terrible hand to do it with.

QuadDeuces

1572 posts
Joined 09/2008

Apparently my Skype went into rapping mode on the 55 hand. What I was trying to say there was that I like 3 betting a wide button opener with a lot of hands, and that 55 isn't a terrible hand to do it with.

You don't have to say sorry. We know what you were on, CrackMonkey! :-)

Crackmonkey

599 posts
Joined 06/2009

You don't have to say sorry. We know what you were on, CrackMonkey! :-)

Well played sir.

Bazman76

345 posts
Joined 11/2008

On the final hand (77), if you bet 3/4 pot on the river and got shoved on, would you fold for the remaining 40$ or so you had left?

sweetjazz3

2249 posts
Joined 02/2007

I thought these videos were supposed to be four hours long with an extra 2-3 hours of extra footage available in the DVD version?

simpleasspie

404 posts
Joined 05/2009

Time Link to 00:21:29

I like floating on this board, but not with this hand. With 44 thout a club id prefer to bluffraise here, if your hand had some improvement potential i think floating would be better. Plus as some of you said, you know nothing bout his turn cbet frequency and hes loose, maybe hes gonna perceive your range as weak and gonna barrel a lot on overcards/scare cards.

Ms.Bungle

828 posts
Joined 06/2008

I thought these videos were supposed to be four hours long with an extra 2-3 hours of extra footage available in the DVD version?

haha! Grin

threads13

2385 posts
Joined 03/2008

On the final hand (77), if you bet 3/4 pot on the river and got shoved on, would you fold for the remaining 40$ or so you had left?

I think it's a pretty clear fold at that point even given the odds we're getting. The only hand we beat is a pure bluff and he is almost never bluffing in this spot.

Nagual444

3 posts
Joined 06/2009

Hello, in the second hand (33) Dont you think the small cbet of less than half pot could induce bluff a lot more often? I have seen a lot check/raise in small flops like that, even when I make larger cbets.

mogwai316

712 posts
Joined 07/2008

Time Link to 00:30:54

(the 55 hand where I called a btn raise from the blinds and c/r the flop)

Stats on villain over ~400 hands are 18/12 with 44% attempt to steal preflop, very low WWSF, so I didn't have detailed reads on him but viewed him as more of a weak-tight player than an aggressive player.

With a small pocket pair in the blinds facing a button raise vs. an aggressive player with a wide range, I hate calling because you flop with "polarized equity" - you either flop a set or you have almost no equity, which sucks because you can't semibluff effectively. So vs. that type of player I'd much rather fold or 3-bet if they don't call many 3-bets. Against a weak-tight player I prefer flatting because they will call a 3-bet with a wide range, which I don't want; but I do have to look for opportunities to steal the pot postflop because I don't have good enough implied odds to only set mine.

I thought this flop was a good one to try and take it away because it's one he would cbet with 100% of his range and probably continue less than half of the time, making the c/r profitable with any two cards. I'm definitely representing a very narrow range, so I'd be much less likely to do this against someone I thought was a good hand-reader. In general at 1/2, people give my c/r's a lot of respect though.

When I found the hand, I thought the turn barrel looked pretty spewy, even though it worked, so that's the main thing I wanted to ask about. Seems like everyone agreed. It works if it gets him to fold 88-QQ here, but I guess that's not a big enough part of his range to justify making the move.

Wish I had been there to talk about this one - no more starting early without me! Smile

HomePoker ForumsFull Ring No Limit → Full Ring NL Dojo: The Fellowship : Episode One