Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by newmanmi (Mid Stakes)

Under Newmanagement: Episode Four

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Under Newmanagement: Episode Four by newmanmi

Newmanmi goes back to the live sweat edition and this week has 6-tables of mid-stakes Full Ring NLHE going.

About Under Newmanagement Subscribe to

DC's newest FRNL coach newmanmi shows off the creative midstakes play that he uses to vanquish his opponents.

Tags

newmanmi under newmanagement live play $2/4 $3/6 400nl 400 nl 600nl 600 nl frnlhe full ring nlhe

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 56 minutes long
  • Posted almost 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Under Newmanagement: Episode Four

or track by Email or RSS

moronicus

20 posts
Joined 04/2008

Perfect video - best series this season imo! More live videos, please :-)

Posted almost 4 years ago

pkr2010

1054 posts
Joined 04/2010

Time Link to 00:50:51

Why don't you want them to call a $156 pf raise when effective stacks are $600 and you have AA? Wouldn't that be a great result?

Just curious because I would be happy to get called and then bet flop shove turn no matter what I see since he doesn't have implied odds for anything, unless I'm missing something here Poke Tongue

newmanmi

150 posts
Joined 06/2008

Why don't you want them to call a $156 pf raise when effective stacks are $600 and you have AA? Wouldn't that be a great result?

Just curious because I would be happy to get called and then bet flop shove turn no matter what I see since he doesn't have implied odds for anything, unless I'm missing something here Poke Tongue

Just my nerves more then anything, you can find a few spots in this video when I say things a little off / wrong. (positions, actions, stacks etc). I try my best but hey, nobody is perfect Smile.

pkr2010

1054 posts
Joined 04/2010

Just my nerves more then anything, you can find a few spots in this video when I say things a little off / wrong. (positions, actions, stacks etc). I try my best but hey, nobody is perfect Smile.

Of course Smile I'm here to learn, so maybe I thought there was some other reason! Great series by the way, looking forward to the new episode!

Curtlow

449 posts
Joined 07/2008

Time Link to 00:06:40

Table 1 with J6o. I'm guessing you didn't mean to make that 4 bet size. He 3bet to $60 and you 4bet to $115 which i'm assuming is why he called your 4bet oop. Or maybe I'm wrong.

newmanmi

150 posts
Joined 06/2008

Table 1 with J6o. I'm guessing you didn't mean to make that 4 bet size. He 3bet to $60 and you 4bet to $115 which i'm assuming is why he called your 4bet oop. Or maybe I'm wrong.

$120 or so would be my standard 4b size in this spot, its around 2x his 3b, doesn't need to be bigger because it allows me to 4b small and fold to a shove.

Choparno

90 posts
Joined 08/2008

$120 or so would be my standard 4b size in this spot, its around 2x his 3b, doesn't need to be bigger because it allows me to 4b small and fold to a shove.

Do you think 4betting to 19x over a 10x 3bet as a bluff encourages opponents to flat your 4bets too much, as opposed to a more standard 22-24x?

Nice video, going to watch rest of series now. Cool to see Aussies making midstakes vids too.

Andyfothershops

18 posts
Joined 02/2009

Time Link to 00:03:43

What are you doing if you get reraised?
I think I like betting 3/4 pot here more.

tonytwotimes

5 posts
Joined 06/2010

Time Link to 00:23:45

with 8To on table 4--
you mentioned you thought the villian could have aces here. You folded pretty quickly, wouldn't this be a fine spot to flat, I would be flatting here alot of the time to an EP min raise

worpler

384 posts
Joined 10/2008

nice vid.Does smartmoney/narena still play around these limits?

newmanmi

150 posts
Joined 06/2008

Do you think 4betting to 19x over a 10x 3bet as a bluff encourages opponents to flat your 4bets too much, as opposed to a more standard 22-24x?

Nice video, going to watch rest of series now. Cool to see Aussies making midstakes vids too.

4betting to around 19-22x would be my standard, I mix it up versus people depending on how I think they react to 4bets, if I am in or out of position etc.

I always make it more out of position but I don't really have any problem if they flat 4bets OOP, I generally feel I am very comfortable playing pots with low SPRs IP.

What are you doing if you get reraised?
I think I like betting 3/4 pot here more.

3/4 pot would obviously be around my standard, I would probably fold but would really have to think about. If you look at the chat the opponent types into the box he clearly thinks I have a strong hand so if he did shove (it would almost be suicidal) I would really have to consider folding.

Depending what level I thought he was thinking on of course.

with 8To on table 4--
you mentioned you thought the villain could have aces here. You folded pretty quickly, wouldn't this be a fine spot to flat, I would be flatting here a lot of the time to an EP min raise

You know I didn't even consider calling here and with 8To I generally wouldn't, if my raise sizing tell was rock solid I would probably consider it especially because we are almost 160bb deep to start the hand.

Never heard of him, keep in mind I am relatively new to these stakes (only around 250k hands).

QuadDeuces

1572 posts
Joined 09/2008

Smartmoney (2plus)/Narena (FTP) was one of the best winning regs at NL200 on FTP over a year ago (2007/8?). He briefly played NL400 but preferred 8-hour per day 16-tabling NL200. He left FTP and now plays at PS as meleaB (2plus2 ROMAmnesty). He has the skills to play higher stakes but prefers 24-tabling 8 hours per day for stress-free SNE money.

Nolan

243 posts
Joined 05/2008

worpler

384 posts
Joined 10/2008

Smartmoney (2plus)/Narena (FTP) was one of the best winning regs at NL200 on FTP over a year ago (2007/8?). He briefly played NL400 but preferred 8-hour per day 16-tabling NL200. He left FTP and now plays at PS as meleaB (2plus2 ROMAmnesty). He has the skills to play higher stakes but prefers 24-tabling 8 hours per day for stress-free SNE money.

Yeah, he is from London and was a maths teacher a long time ago.He had a hilarious detailed blog which unfortunately changed to subscription only.

He really was a pro in terms of maximising his earn!

HomePoker ForumsFull Ring No Limit → Under Newmanagement : Episode Four