Full Ring No Limit Poker Forums

$200FR NL C/R on Turn, what's his range?

or track by Email or RSS

criuzer13

119 posts
Joined 06/2010

Merge $200.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 792054
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $142.25
UTG+1: $211.10
MP1: $197.00 Villain is playing 30/8, fires pretty much every c-bet, but slows down on the turn
MP2: $393.59
CO: $220.04
Hero (BTN): $238.40
SB: $372.06
BB: $218.10

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with Q Diamond A Club
2 folds, MP1 raises to $6, 2 folds, Hero calls $6, 2 folds

Flop: ($15.00) 9 Heart 5 Diamond A Diamond (2 players)
MP1 bets $9.00, Hero calls $9

Turn: ($33.00) K Club (2 players)
MP1 checks, Hero bets $16.50, MP1 raises to $66, Hero???

I felt like flatting the flop was better than raising so that I could get another bet in on the turn. When he checked the turn, I bet feeling like I might be able to get value from worse.

A.) Should I bet the turn or should I just check and try to get value on the river?
B.) When he check-raises, what kind of hand range is he representing?
C.) What's the plan on the turn? Is this a shove or fold situation?

Posted about 4 years ago

kybert'76

414 posts
Joined 10/2009

Easy fold.

A, check the turn
B, One that has you beat, you are only beating AJ,A10. His range AK+
C, as played you fold the turn , he has committed and you are not so fold

By checking back the turn you make it a lot easier to play the hand, depends on the river but any blank you only have 1 bet to call or fold.

gl

Posted about 4 years ago

modenl

26 posts
Joined 08/2008

If he is any aggressive after flop, I am not happy to get it in, I do think it's a stack off. He is a 30/8 fish. He has a lot of Ax. From my experience, there are some fishes when they don't want to give up, they raise.

Posted about 4 years ago

micsquab

750 posts
Joined 09/2010

wouldny villaim lead ott with AK+here? for fear of it getting x through ott and missing value? Plus isnt AQ under repped here? I have to do this type of re think with top pair ott facing this type of action. strange line by v ott to me. yournotes say 100% c bet, slows down ott, does he check call turns, or check back turns? Doesnt there sometimes come a point in a hand where villain is going to be polarized more to bluffs than nuts regardless of hud stats and notes? if villain doesnt value bet the turn correctly he may also be bluffing incorrectly as well. I guess in game it would be a fold. hmmmm

Posted over 2 years ago

prestonp

322 posts
Joined 11/2009

I'd have liked 3 betting preflop. Obviously the turn is
a bet and, IMHO, a bet fold. You're crushed by any value hand he has and you don't have any history to establish a bluffing frequency.

Posted over 2 years ago

Benzooka

14 posts
Joined 07/2010

well played assuming you folded. Some fish have KdTd here but most don't. All of them have AK+

Posted over 2 years ago

goldseraph

1461 posts
Joined 03/2008

sick bump of a year old strat thread guys Poke Tongue turn seems like a pretty easy bet/fold vs a 30/8 who usually shuts down on the turn btw

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsFull Ring No Limit → $200FR NL C/R on Turn, what's his range?