Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Nolan (Micro/Small Stakes)

Movin' on Up: Full Ring NL: Episode One

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Movin' on Up: Full Ring NL: Episode One by Nolan

Nolan debuts his new series Movin' on Up Fullring with this first episode outlining the basics of fullring play, why he plays it, and a couple hand examples found on the DC forums.

About Movin' on Up: Full Ring NL Subscribe to

FoxwoodsFiend showed you what it takes to move up through the ranks of shorthanded No Limit. Now Nolan shows you how to do it in full ring games. With guest appearances by Full Ring coaches SoundedSimple, GoldSeraph and bottomset!

Tags

nolan movin' on up nlhe fullring hand review powerpoint ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 42 minutes long
  • Posted over 5 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Movin' on Up: Full Ring NL: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

Jerrr

6 posts
Joined 06/2008

TrippyTrippy

13 posts
Joined 06/2008

I'm not a huge fan of slideshows but I can't wait till next week when we get to see some live action.
Thanks for doing a new FR series, DC really needed that.

Posted over 5 years ago

hurt

66 posts
Joined 05/2008

shyturtle27

394 posts
Joined 02/2008

Power point! Yes!!! Really excited about this series.

Posted over 5 years ago

noidea555

24 posts
Joined 05/2008

Christ, not another fucking power point. I guess there is always next week.

Posted over 5 years ago

jessyj

108 posts
Joined 06/2008

Streaming version cut out with 3:11 left for me. WMV worked fine though.

Posted over 5 years ago

stone

13 posts
Joined 07/2008

for future episodes, if you plan to look at hands on the forums again, i think you need to go at it a different way... from what i can tell that part of the video was most likely recorded 2560x1600 full screen and then produced at a much smaller resolution making the font unreadable. itd be nice to either increase the font size in the browser (via view -> zoom), produce the videos in a much higher resolution or record a smaller area of the screen to begin with.

Posted over 5 years ago

caderousse

60 posts
Joined 01/2008

Totally agree about the hands review section. You can't read the hands at all.

Posted over 5 years ago

Entity

8664 posts
Joined 11/2006

for future episodes, if you plan to look at hands on the forums again, i think you need to go at it a different way... from what i can tell that part of the video was most likely recorded 2560x1600 full screen and then produced at a much smaller resolution making the font unreadable. itd be nice to either increase the font size in the browser (via view -> zoom), produce the videos in a much higher resolution or record a smaller area of the screen to begin with.

Future episodes have had this issue fixed so shouldn't be an issue.

I'm actually looking into the way this one was recorded to see if I can fix it now, but I can't promise anything. Will update ASAP if I can get a better looking version up though, because you're right -- the hand histories don't look great the way they are.

thanks,
Rob

Posted over 5 years ago

bholik08

1 posts
Joined 08/2008

I'm only at the 6:16 mark of this video and I just had to say, "THANK YOU!"
I've been starving for good FR content and I can already tell you've put a lot of thought into this episode.....back to the video..lol.

Posted over 5 years ago

Nolan

243 posts
Joined 05/2008

Like Entity said, I was a dink when I recorded this one and had the whole window recorded rather than the area of text. There should be no problem seeing the text in the future videos.

I know slideshows aren't for everyone, but seeing as this is a "Movin' on Up" series, I wanted to give people a chance to learn from multiple approaches. Different people learn in different ways, so I tried to include some hand dissection, slideshow, and live play. I thought this would give the most thorough approach to a series dedicated in helping grinders move up stakes. Hopefully you guys enjoy the rest of the series, and please leave any criticism or commentary so that future videos can only get better.

Thanks,

Nolan.

Posted over 5 years ago

antzzor

11 posts
Joined 08/2008

Nice start, really looking forward to seeing this series!!!

Posted over 5 years ago

derrtyslime

5 posts
Joined 03/2008

I am really just in strawberry fields over here because Nolan is my favourite video coachand a fullring series is being introduced.Smile

Posted over 5 years ago

QuadDeuces

1572 posts
Joined 09/2008

Yeh to a FR series. I joined DC for help with FR and I've been a bit disappointed because there is so much 6-max and not enough FR.

Posted over 5 years ago

HomePoker ForumsFull Ring No Limit → Movin' on Up: Full Ring NL : Episode One