Tournament Poker Poker Forums

HEM 2 - Possible to see if im playing bad or running bad?

or track by Email or RSS

igothair

47 posts
Joined 08/2010

Strange question I guess.. But is there a good way to see if you're playing bad or running bad with the use of HEM 2?

I feel like im mostly making the right choices but im still losing Undecided

Posted over 2 years ago

2fouroffsuit

1981 posts
Joined 01/2008

The best way to see if you're actually playing poorly is some form of peer review. Talking with someone else and checking to make sure that your thought processes are logically consistent is very important. It also opens your eyes to things that you might not have otherwise considered on your own.

Whether it's posting hands, responding to other peoples' hands, making and posting a video of your play, skype group, coaching, or something else... Having a second pair of eyes on what you're doing is really going to help you out the most.

HEM2 (or any other tracking software) can help identify some leaks to your game overall like playing too loose in the blinds, getting to showdown too often without winning $ at showdown, not playing loose enough in late position, but knowing these things isn't that helpful if you don't know why you're doing them or what the correct thing to do (and why it's correct!),

I know that it's not exactly what you asked, but I encourage you to get involved in the DC forums here doing some of the above mentioned stuff. If you have questions on where to post, how to record and upload a video, where to find skype groups, how to get coaching, or anything else about DC, feel free to ask Smile

Posted over 2 years ago

igothair

47 posts
Joined 08/2010

Thanks for you're reply Smile

Im thinking about coaching but im not sure if it will help me.. Well i know it will help me in some way, but I read some place on the forum that coaching is alot better for allready winning players that have trouble moving up in stakes.
How many games would you advice me to have history on if i were to get coaching?

I would also love to hear more about those skype groups Smile

Posted over 2 years ago

Tackleberry

3561 posts
Joined 10/2009

How many hands on what stake(s) have you been playing so far?

Posted over 2 years ago

igothair

47 posts
Joined 08/2010

How many hands on what stake(s) have you been playing so far?

Since I started playing again a few days ago I only got 53games logged on Pokerstars.
39 - 3,5$ Regular 9-man -15,9% ROI
8 - 1,5$ Regular 9-man -22,6% ROI
6 - 1,5$ Turbo 9-man - 18,8% ROI
Avg. ROI 14,4%

I realize its a really small samplesize Smile

Posted over 2 years ago

2fouroffsuit

1981 posts
Joined 01/2008

If you're playing micro stakes, coaching is probably not the most cost efficient method of improving.

I would recommend getting SNG wiz. It's $99, but it is really the best tool if you're a SNG player. It will actually tell you exactly whether the decision you made was correct or not IF, a BIG IF, you can make the correct assumptions about your opponents opening and calling ranges.

Post hands, post hands, post hands, post hands, post hands, post hands, post hands, and post hands.

Posted over 2 years ago

shuttle

3364 posts
Joined 11/2008

This is just such a tiny sample, basically don't come to any winrate based conclusions just off this. I think SNGwiz is a good suggeestion.

Posted over 2 years ago

igothair

47 posts
Joined 08/2010

Yeah I figured so Smile

Well, ive created a blog that i will update regulary on my progress. I also uploaded a video of me playing 3.5$ SNG's. I appriciate if any of you have time to look at it and give me some feedback.
http://www.deucescracked.com/blogs/igothair/88801-On-my-way

Posted over 2 years ago

BaseMetal

2153 posts
Joined 01/2010

Yeah I figured so Smile

Well, ive created a blog that i will update regulary on my progress. I also uploaded a video of me playing 3.5$ SNG's. I appriciate if any of you have time to look at it and give me some feedback.
http://www.deucescracked.com/blogs/igothair/88801-On-my-way

Good idea keeping a blog but I tried the link and it seems the vid has been pulled from you tube due to the length.
You could try loading the vid onto DC - see the 'Member Videos' forum.

On the use of HEM2 I would say it is best to concentrate instead on other stuff rather than the db. Even to get a decent clue over your roi takes a few thousand games, it's best to concentrate on the coaching videos and discussions with others first.

Posted over 2 years ago

wireless

40 posts
Joined 07/2009

No offence igothair, but you need to read about variance, finish distributions, and how these things work in sitngoes. Otherwise you will be going through big highs and lows thinking you are a god for 10 games and doomed the next 10 games. Its just not how the games work. GL

Posted over 2 years ago

igothair

47 posts
Joined 08/2010

No offence igothair, but you need to read about variance, finish distributions, and how these things work in sitngoes. Otherwise you will be going through big highs and lows thinking you are a god for 10 games and doomed the next 10 games. Its just not how the games work. GL

Yeah I realize that. But I get uncertain about what my mistakes are and whats just bad runs when it varies so much. But I guess i'll just have to play a couple of thousand games before i try to analyze my game further. If im -1000$ then I atleast know that its just me sucking Grin

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsTournament Poker → HEM 2 - Possible to see if im playing bad or running bad?