Poker Video: MTT by OMGClayDol (Micro/Small Stakes)

Real Life 180-man Grinder: Episode Six

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Real Life 180-man Grinder: Episode Six by OMGClayDol

OMGClayDol reviews another's deep run in an MTT starting with the bubble and wrapping up at the cash out.

About Real Life 180-man Grinder Subscribe to

Adding to the Real Life family of series OMGClayDol talks about the development of 180-man grinders, focusing on how players can improve regardless of their current skill level and results. He will be working throughout the series with a fellow Deucescracked member on his game, discussing concepts and gameplay that can seperate small winners from big winners in addition to the usual hand history reviews and some live play.

Tags

mtt omgclaydol ipod friendly real life 180-man grinder hh review hand replayer

Video Details

• Game: mtt
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 81 minutes long
  • Posted about 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Real Life 180-man Grinder: Episode Six

or track by Email or RSS

JIMMERZZZ

48 posts
Joined 11/2011

Time Link to 01:03:25

hi thanks for d vid . would love to know hadoque's reasoning for tightening up so much 3 -handed .I mean shouldnt he be opening like every sb and button here ??these guys seem pretty tight ... they r only 3-betting for value seemingly, there aren't any bluffs in their range .surely the adjustment to make would be to loosen up pre-flop and punish them for being so tight ...

Posted about 2 years ago

OMGClayDol

411 posts
Joined 04/2010

Hey thanks for watching and the question/comments. I will try get him to comment specifically but I basically feel that like I mentioned, it felt like very often when we opened and the one time we made a move with light 3-bet that we get owned. It's "possible" they were actually owning us and playing back light, re-shoving light, etc, but like you implied I feel it's more likely they actually had a tight range and just had a good run of cards. So I agree (like I hopefully made clear in the video) that mr Hadoque should have opened up a little more Smile

Probably not to the extent of opening EVERY BTN/SB just because even most nit fish can adjust to that but a fair amount more for sure (and vs. some players I will open close to every button).

Hopefully that helps a little, I'll try remember to get Hadoque to talk about the video a little himself too.

Thanks, gl and of course please feel more than welcome to ask any other question/s and make any other comments Smile

Posted about 2 years ago

OMGClayDol

411 posts
Joined 04/2010

Was speaking to him just now for the next episode, instead of putting it in the video the reply will just go here, pretty much it was what I said above lol Wink

Posted about 2 years ago

poporella

5 posts
Joined 10/2011

hey this series is way way better than the old one.
One question, would you pleasse do the next HH review in HEM with stats.

Ty

Posted about 2 years ago

OMGClayDol

411 posts
Joined 04/2010

Hey thanks for the compliment, unfortunately both the last episodes have been planned already and the next one has already been made (and was supposed to come out this Saturday but I had uploading issues), the last one is going to be a review of his live play. Smile

Posted about 2 years ago

StilettoMafiosa

3 posts
Joined 04/2010

Time Link to 00:12:16

With all that in mind what would be your calling off range on the pure bubble in this spot? Villain is not crazy playing 12/10/5 over 432 hands and open jams. We are roughly 12/19 players left. By folding we almost always make the money.

Huge fan of the series mate, keep up the good work

Poker Stars $2.28+$0.22 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t800/t1600 Blinds + t150 - 7 players - View hand 1663450
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: t14463 M = 4.19
UTG+1: t20961 M = 6.08
MP: t18180 M = 5.27
CO: t3604 M = 1.04
Hero (BTN): t12830 M = 3.72
SB: t13905 M = 4.03
BB: t16472 M = 4.77

Pre Flop: (t3450) Hero is BTN with T Diamond T Spade
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t20811 all in, 2 folds

Final Pot: t5050

Posted about 2 years ago

OMGClayDol

411 posts
Joined 04/2010

Definitely get in TT. We make the money most of the time, but this is VERY +cEV and even though the bubble matters, the structure is VERY top heavy. With no further information, I would get in something like 77 AJo AJs or something. But this player is most likely a reg, and wider in this spot than his stats suggest, since a lot of the hands you have on him will be 10/20 where people play nitty.

Posted about 2 years ago

olnestr

1 posts
Joined 04/2012

Thanks for great vids!
The HU oponent, "fishy player" , btw was a decent reg.

Posted almost 2 years ago

evilduke11

2 posts
Joined 05/2010

hi i play on a Mac and cant download pokerstove, are their any good software for mac or site where i can do my equity calculations?

OMGClayDol

411 posts
Joined 04/2010

Not sure sorry you should be able to google some similar programs to be used online? pokerprotools should have something, gl

robthenob

248 posts
Joined 01/2009

hi i play on a Mac and cant download pokerstove, are their any good software for mac or site where i can do my equity calculations?

PokerCruncher.

http://www.pokercruncher.com/

HomePoker ForumsTournament Poker → Real Life 180-man Grinder : Episode Six