Poker Video: MTT by YugiohPro (Mid Stakes)

Mid-Stakes Enforcer: Episode One

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Mid-Stakes Enforcer: Episode One by YugiohPro

Jjyykk begins fast with a 4-tabling video review of some mid-stakes MTTs.

About Mid-Stakes Enforcer Subscribe to

Follow JJYYKK as he provides specific opponent adjustments to become a MTT Mid-Stakes Enforcer.

Tags

jjyykk mid-stakes enforcer 4-tabling mtt

Video Details

• Game: mtt
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 64 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Mid-Stakes Enforcer: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

mitch

2039 posts
Joined 01/2008

Awesome vid. Just getting in to tourneys so don't have any questions but can't wait to see more.

Posted over 2 years ago

kenievel

2 posts
Joined 10/2009

Hey jjyykk
Have been watching and liking your videos alot. Is it possible for you to share your HUD setup? Maybe even give the config for HEM, I like it alot.

Posted over 2 years ago

andinista

20 posts
Joined 06/2011

solid gold. great start to this needed series.

Posted over 2 years ago

phatboy33t

28 posts
Joined 01/2010

jjjjjjjjjjyyyyyyyyykkkkkkkk

keep the nice vidz comin kiddddddddddddddddddddd

Posted over 2 years ago

Rickyw87

14 posts
Joined 02/2010

Time Link to 00:45:00

Is A3s in the BTN including a limper in the party-tournament not a shove spot w/ 14bb?

great vid, ty!

Posted over 2 years ago

Killberry

12 posts
Joined 08/2011

Time Link to 00:58:38

What were you going to say about BRM etc? You never finished the sentence after you got interrupted.

Posted over 2 years ago

Killberry

12 posts
Joined 08/2011

Time Link to 00:00:00

BTW i asked you some questions in the Time Capsule; Episode Nine, that you maybe didnĀ“t notice.

Anyway, thanks for your videos!

Posted over 2 years ago

rrumsey

5765 posts
Joined 06/2010

The 99 hand against Drummerboy was pretty bad imo. @7:45 i really don't think you can profitably cbet this flop too often. What is your thinking on just checking back that flop? I just think its a flop you get played back at a ton, and its just an ugly stack size to put yourself in a shit spot where i think he can play back at you a ton.

Posted over 2 years ago

YugiohPro

497 posts
Joined 02/2009

Hey jjyykk
Have been watching and liking your videos alot. Is it possible for you to share your HUD setup? Maybe even give the config for HEM, I like it alot.

http://www.deucescracked.com/videos/641-DC_Shorts/11911-Jjyykk_1_HEM

The setup is in the description there for everybody.

Posted over 2 years ago

YugiohPro

497 posts
Joined 02/2009

Is A3s in the BTN including a limper in the party-tournament not a shove spot w/ 14bb?

great vid, ty!

I think UTG limps, even from 17% limpfish, are very polarized. I really hate jamming workable stacks into polarized limping ranges. In that spot I would probably jam <9bb with my exact stack. I think 14bb is much too much to shove in that spot.

Posted over 2 years ago

YugiohPro

497 posts
Joined 02/2009

great vid, ty!

I think UTG limps, even from 17% limpfish, are very polarized. I really hate jamming workable stacks into polarized limping ranges. In that spot I would probably jam <9bb with my exact stack. I think 14bb is much too much to shove in that spot.

What were you going to say about BRM etc? You never finished the sentence after you got interrupted.

I was going to say it's good to take occasional shots and put yourself into situations where you can learn from what other winning players are doing!

Posted over 2 years ago

YugiohPro

497 posts
Joined 02/2009

The 99 hand against Drummerboy was pretty bad imo. @7:45 i really don't think you can profitably cbet this flop too often. What is your thinking on just checking back that flop? I just think its a flop you get played back at a ton, and its just an ugly stack size to put yourself in a shit spot where i think he can play back at you a ton.

Hey Rumsey I disagree. And I'm one of the regs who c-bets very very infrequently in these spots. But I have 99 with just a J high to beat. I don't like checking back because there are too many turn cards that improve his range (any overcard, any gutshot card, any club) and I don't want to play guessing games.
It's not like I'm betting AQ or something.

The way I played the hand I basically forced him to push all in on the turn with his entire stack. I'm guessing he had it. Either way I'm kind of winning the battle due to position. Sure I had the bottom of my range for c-betting and calling flop but when I have a J or better or a flush draw, he's getting stacked with his line or losing a big chunk of his stack.

I think 99 or 88 is literally the bottom of my range for betting and not going all in. Not many combos he's exploiting there and he should know that since that's a pretty bad board to c-bet.

Posted over 2 years ago

rrumsey

5765 posts
Joined 06/2010

Hey Rumsey I disagree. And I'm one of the regs who c-bets very very infrequently in these spots. But I have 99 with just a J high to beat. I don't like checking back because there are too many turn cards that improve his range (any overcard, any gutshot card, any club) and I don't want to play guessing games.
It's not like I'm betting AQ or something.

The way I played the hand I basically forced him to push all in on the turn with his entire stack. I'm guessing he had it. Either way I'm kind of winning the battle due to position. Sure I had the bottom of my range for c-betting and calling flop but when I have a J or better or a flush draw, he's getting stacked with his line or losing a big chunk of his stack.

I think 99 or 88 is literally the bottom of my range for betting and not going all in. Not many combos he's exploiting there and he should know that since that's a pretty bad board to c-bet.

ok if your not someone who is cbetting there a ton then i like the line more. sorry for the way i said the first post it came off kind of harsh btw. What kind of range you assign him for c/ring so small this flop? FDs, st8 draws, and thats about it? do you think drummer would lead Jx?

Posted over 2 years ago

YugiohPro

497 posts
Joined 02/2009

to be honest, I'm not sure which is why I took the line I took. It's hard to get into the thought processes of players without more hands. A lot of decent midstakes grinders have certain leaks in their logic but it's hard to tell which ones. A good hand reader would know my range for getting to the turn is pretty strong (strong players don't c-bet that board often and get in their >TP on that wet flop so usually my b/c range is very narrow and only includes some made flushes on the turn, some slowplays, then 88-99 at times).

So if he's a good hand reader and disciplined he would shut down on his bluffs and only shove value hands like QJ+, QK with a club, and flushes. If he was bad/fpsey (a lot of regulars and bad players are), he would bluff his entire range on the turn. He might think I get in all flush draws on the flop (I don't). I have no idea.

I really think anyone who pays attention to game flow should know (you guys remember he jammed 55 into my JJ and had been getting owned a lot in general up to the bubble) to have it at that point since I'm going to assume he's FOS. But who knows. MTT players surprise me all the time Poke Tongue

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsTournament Poker → Mid-Stakes Enforcer : Episode One