Poker Video: MTT by OMGClayDol (Mid Stakes)

The Top 0.56 Percent: Episode Five

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

The Top 0.56 Percent: Episode Five by OMGClayDol

OMGClayDol goes deep in some tournaments and takes us along for the ride as he plays 4-tables at the $8, $15, and $30 buy-in levels.

About The Top 0.56 Percent Subscribe to

OMGClayDol teaches you how to beat the 180-man turbos on PokerStars. Topics include, but are not limited to: Multi-tabling, "Peak" times, Attainable ROIs, estimated hourly, differences between buy-in levels, Using software (HEM, Sharkscope/OPR etc), Bankroll Management, variance, etc.

Tags

mtt omgclaydol the top 0.56% the top 1 out of 180 live play 4-tabling

Video Details

• Game: mtt
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 64 minutes long
  • Posted about 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for The Top 0.56 Percent: Episode Five

or track by Email or RSS

Ede Pastete

2 posts
Joined 01/2009

min 16 bottom right: it was "LIAM THE KID" shoving K4s, not thefinalact (you've been moved tables)

Posted about 3 years ago

OMGClayDol

413 posts
Joined 04/2010

BedSideCabinet

8 posts
Joined 08/2011

Hi,

A few spots I've been struggling with lately is knowing what hands to raise-call short stacks with. If say, I'm in the HJ at 600/1200/125, with a stack of 25k and the table's 8-handed. The BTN, SB and BB have about the same as me but the CO has 6k. Disregarding ICM and any other factors for simplicity, what hands should I be raising with the intention of calling a shove from the CO and folding to a shove from the rest, and how do I figure it out?

Thanks

Posted about 3 years ago

OMGClayDol

413 posts
Joined 04/2010

Hmm no specific rules, but I guess experience and sometimes a bit of feel.. Also definitely depends on the stats of the players/who they are, if they are like 50/10 and likely to flat, open less often, if they are regs and likely to re-jam semi-wide then open less often etc.. Not exactly sure how to explain this but pretty much usually hands that are decent in terms of their equity but it would be unprofitable to just jam them due to stack depth with another player/s (like the example you mentioned), or just because of how tight the players are even though jamming is profitable it's much more profitable to raise/fold (and call the short stacks).

As weird as it may sound, the best way to learn this is to find a few example hands, ask someone who knows what they are doing what the correct range is, then with that knowledge you can kinda estimate the ranges for other spots yourself, and the more you play the better you will get with this. In the example you gave assuming none are too loose/stationy and none are agro regs, (some of this range I personally prefer to just jam) 22+ A2o+ K9o+ K8s+ 87s+ JTo or so

Posted about 3 years ago

BedSideCabinet

8 posts
Joined 08/2011

Awesome, thanks for the quick response Smile

Posted about 3 years ago

OMGClayDol

413 posts
Joined 04/2010

Sure np, anytime. Feel free to post some hands in this very thread and I can try help you out.. Or add me on Skype, I'd be happy to help you out with some questions (within reason) for free - OMGClayDol
Same goes to anyone else, thanks all and gl Smile

Posted about 3 years ago

BedSideCabinet

8 posts
Joined 08/2011

Cool, thanks. What kind of a roll would you suggest for playing a mix of $8s and $15s btw?

Posted about 3 years ago

OMGClayDol

413 posts
Joined 04/2010

Discussed in video 1 I think. In short, depends on if you can re-deposit, if you are willing to move down etc. I would also definitely recommend playing the 3.5rs too unless you have multi-tabling issues since they are super profitable and less variance (again discussed in video 1 - as in the prelude) since they are deeper and your roi is bigger. At least $1200, and if you actually want to be very safe, no moving down/re-depositing etc probably like $3K or so. And that is assuming you have a good winrate since if you have a low (or even negative) one variance will be worse - bigger downswings are more likely etc.. Gl

Posted about 3 years ago

Ede Pastete

2 posts
Joined 01/2009

Even if u r a solid winner $2.5k downs are somewhat normal.

Posted about 3 years ago

BedSideCabinet

8 posts
Joined 08/2011

What hands would you be willing to minraise get it in with the SB here if you had a read that BB was tight and unlikely to reshove wide?

Poker Stars $2.28+$0.22 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t600/t1200 Blinds + t125 - 7 players - View hand 1419352
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: t27659 M = 10.34
UTG: t33885 M = 12.67
UTG+1: t13619 M = 5.09
MP: t27694 M = 10.35
CO: t17372 M = 6.49
Hero (BTN): t30747 M = 11.49
SB: t4723 M = 1.77

Pre Flop: (t2675) Hero is BTN with 5 Club J Heart
6 folds

Final Pot: t2675
BB wins t2075
(Rake: t600)

Cheers

Posted about 3 years ago

OMGClayDol

413 posts
Joined 04/2010

any two cards Smile
if the bb is quite tight/not playing back etc then you should minraise (and call a shove from the sb and fold to the bb) with any two cards because the times they both fold, you will pick up around 3000 in dead money! when you get it in with the sb, you will get really good pot odds from the BB and antes, so yeah. hope that makes sense Grin

I would guess his stack is around the deepest I would do it with atc, if he has more then I would tighten up my range (since when we get it in vs. him the pot odds won't compensate as much) or i would simply minraise/fold. if they are both pretty tight straightforward it can often be profitable to minraise on the btn with atc. also the fact that the BB has a pretty sizable stack is good because it means he can't/won't reshove as wide.. if he had say 15BB for e.g. he might be happier to just shove 22+ etc, meaning your fold equity decreases.

Posted about 3 years ago

BedSideCabinet

8 posts
Joined 08/2011

BedSideCabinet

8 posts
Joined 08/2011

Hey claydol, is this a standard shove? If so, how wide would you go here?

I'd just been moved to this table so no stats.

Poker Stars $2.28+$0.22 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t125/t250 Blinds + t25 - 8 players - View hand 1422401
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP1: t5296 M = 9.21
MP2: t3801 M = 6.61
CO: t8120 M = 14.12
Hero (BTN): t1395 M = 2.43
SB: t2029 M = 3.53
BB: t1010 M = 1.76
UTG: t1100 M = 1.91
UTG+1: t2743 M = 4.77

Pre Flop: (t575) Hero is BTN with Q Heart 9 Heart
UTG calls t250, 2 folds, MP2 calls t250, CO calls t250, Hero?

Thanks!

Posted about 3 years ago

OMGClayDol

413 posts
Joined 04/2010

Hey man, with your stack size I would be pretty happy to shove this. With say 10BBs, I would still be ok (post ante) although not as happy - that being said you'd have more fold equity. Even if someone is always calling you are getting good pot odds with a hand that has decent equity, and sometimes (not often I guess) they will all fold too. I would maybe go with something like 22+ A2s+ A2o+ 87s+ JTo+ Q8s+ K7s+ Q9o+ K9o+.

You can definitely change this slightly, because this is a pretty wide range. There's enough dead money for you to double up if you take the pot down, and if someone calls you are getting like 3:1 etc. With 10BB maybe I make it like 22+ A2s+ A6o+ T9s+ JTo+ etc.

Posted about 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsTournament Poker → The Top 0.56 Percent : Episode Five