Software and Tools Poker Forums

Flopzilla, Combonator, PokerRanger

or track by Email or RSS

ozi

48 posts
Joined 05/2011

Hey fellas,

I'm thinking about investing in one of those piece of software.
Yes, I've used search.
Yes, I've found some opinions.
But all the infos were kinda 'old' - those softs have a bazillion new features now.

So I was wondering if someone can give some feedback here - mostly reviews. Is there anyone who actually used every one of those softs? Which one should be the most EV+ investment? Every one of those have some awesome features for post-session analyse and have many more features to come and the prices vary from $35 for Flopzilla to $59 for PokerRanger, so it's not an easy decision which one to buy.

As always - sorry for my english (would be grateful for pointing out mistakes Poke Tongue) and thank You in advance! Wink

Posted almost 4 years ago

numjaw

584 posts
Joined 11/2011

I have Flopzilla and Combonator but I will definitely be buying PokerRanger as soon as possible. A poker buddy of mine uses it, I've seen it in action and I was hugely impressed by it.
PokerRanger combines all the best features of Flopzilla and Combonator and improves on them and has more features on top of that. The developer seems to want to improve it all the time too.

Langerz

5183 posts
Joined 02/2007

I've got Poker Ranger and really like it (although There Will be Homework is consuming almost all of my analysis time since I purchased it with crev work.

It seems to do everything Flopzilla does based on only doing the flopzilla trial but much more. It's been way too long since I used Combonator to even remember what it does.

I might still check out PPT, but at this point crev and PR covers about everything I need (with hem of course).

Ulyss

363 posts
Joined 01/2010

Just to add my 2c here. One of the best things to be said about PokerRanger right now is that it is really still in its infancy. Eisflamme the developer is taking and responding to a lot of the feedback that we are giving him ... often within days. As of last communication he intends on building some form of decision tree analysis into the software as well. Compared to Flopzilla you have the ability to do direct range on range analysis in PR and he has now added groups similar to Combonator as well. The ability to get a range heat map of equities, quickly group by hand and export to excel is extremely nice. There definitely is some user interface work to be done and there are some bugs but I really think this software will be tremendous in its final form. Especially, if we, as a community offer lots of feedback. Happy shopping.

ozi

48 posts
Joined 05/2011

So I guess PokerRanger >>>> Combonator and Flopzilla.
I like few things in Combonator, so given Your feedback I'll get PR and ask Eisflamme for a few features.
Thanks! Smile

Ulyss

363 posts
Joined 01/2010

Watch the first few recent episodes of Mentor by sthief09 to see PokerRanger in action. Makes for a nice tutorial. Features have been added since this point, however.

threads13

3266 posts
Joined 03/2008

No time with PokerRanger, but for the life of me I can't figure out why people use Flopzilla before Combonator.

Slowjoe

1117 posts
Joined 01/2010

No time with PokerRanger, but for the life of me I can't figure out why people use Flopzilla before Combonator.

Have you considered "Has a cooler name"?

Langerz

5183 posts
Joined 02/2007

It has a pretty lizard to click on.

numjaw

584 posts
Joined 11/2011

Its association with an established training site, I would guess.

ozi

48 posts
Joined 05/2011

It has a pretty lizard to click on.

Ye, the dinosaur is simply software-seller! Grin

billrata

126 posts
Joined 01/2011

Every one of those have some awesome features for post-session analyse and have many more features to come and the prices vary from $35 for Flopzilla to $59 for PokerRanger, so it's not an easy decision which one to buy.

I've purchased CRev, Poker Ranger, and Oracle in the last month or so, and think they have all already changed my game thinking enough to be +EV, or near it, already.

sthief09

3195 posts
Joined 07/2007

I guess I have to give Combonator more of a shot then.

sthief09

3195 posts
Joined 07/2007

I will give a +1 to PokerRanger being really great for analysis. once word starts spreading, it's going to be really popular imo.

OddsOracle is extremely unique and awesome for finding any sort of equity or probability data.

Flopzilla is great for quick and dirty analysis and it is inexpensive. I haven't used Combonator much so I can't comment on it vis-a-vis Flopzilla.

crEV is great for getting your hands dirty and running simulations to compare lines and see if a given play is best, given some inputs. the scripts are powerful as well.

basically, they are all good for slightly different things.

threads13

3266 posts
Joined 03/2008

Combonator's paid version does all the fancy value of hand analysis that Flopzilla does.

It allows you to group things... it has pretty pie charts. It's much easier to click on hands. It allows you to assign weights.

HomePoker ForumsSoftware and Tools → Flopzilla, Combonator, PokerRanger