Software and Tools Poker Forums

pokerstars a scam?

or track by Email or RSS

greenleather

6 posts
Joined 06/2011

I have just deposited $250CAD into pokerstars yesterday ($252US). I'm using hold'em manager as my software to keep track of my hands and to use a HUD. Here's what's f***** up. HM says I'm up $10 since I put in my money... the cashier in pokerstars shows that I have $242??? Is the rake really that bad in pokerstars or is it just a complete scam and they're taking your money? If this has happened to you please let me know!

Posted over 3 years ago

Nolan

243 posts
Joined 05/2008

I Believe HEM includes the rake when giving your results. If I had to guess some of your games werent properly imported. Possibly you have HEM set to show a certain game type and you have forgotten that you played another game type etc.

I can assure you stars does not care enough to randomly steal $10 out of a $250 account, and can further assure you that in no way would there be any reason for Stars to steal you. They've been in the industry forever and are well regarded as a company of incredible integrity and professionalism.

Posted over 3 years ago

cooper667

275 posts
Joined 12/2008

In Stars go Requests and get playing history audit.. Comes as a detailed Excel spreadsheet

Posted over 3 years ago

Sinthoras1

302 posts
Joined 05/2011

HEM sometimes doesn't import hands correctly. This happens every once in a while. I had similar issues but in my case the site stated I would have won more than HEM suggested.

Posted over 3 years ago

Acombfosho

3147 posts
Joined 06/2008

Stars is the best, and I mean the absolute best. No one is close in terms of business ethics in the poker world. I highly suspect that some hands were not imported properly in Holdem Manager.

Posted over 3 years ago

Pinko Panther

371 posts
Joined 04/2011

Stars is the best, and I mean the absolute best. No one is close in terms of business ethics in the poker world. I highly suspect that some hands were not imported properly in Holdem Manager.

Agreed 100%

Posted over 3 years ago

fizzo

316 posts
Joined 01/2010

Thats just what happens when you tilt-close the pokerstars client after losing that huge $20 pot on the river before the hand history gets saved properly for HEM to recognize.

Posted over 3 years ago

Pinko Panther

371 posts
Joined 04/2011

Thats just what happens when you tilt-close the pokerstars client after losing that huge $20 pot on the river before the hand history gets saved properly for HEM to recognize.

HAHA! That is so fucking hilarious b/c of done that a million times.

Posted over 3 years ago

Tuneman07

381 posts
Joined 06/2011

Yea this is a problem with your software not the poker site. You have to consider the practical motive/risk/reward for them to do something like this with any poker site scam theories. How stupid would it be to steal 10 bucks randomly from people? Just like how stupid would it be to juice pots for a few extra bucks or flip the "doom switch" on people who cash out?

Poker sites doing things like this would be like Tom Brady stealing a candy bar from a police station vending machine.

Posted over 3 years ago

EUSSI

1990 posts
Joined 06/2010

i guess its all rigged again... sigh

Posted about 3 years ago

eddywally75

125 posts
Joined 12/2010

AMT

2036 posts
Joined 01/2008

If this has happened to you please let me know!

HEM mismatch compared to balance? All the time. I just ballpark it Smile Also as mentioned above, you can request a playing audit directly through the client, so any possible mismatches can be sorted via re-importing HHs and comparing with your playing audit etc... no way they can easily steal money from you and seemingly no reason why they would ever want to.

Posted about 3 years ago

CH74

368 posts
Joined 01/2010

Full Tilt used to be second best and it wasn't enough.. I would trust a listed company more than these private type shady sites.

Posted about 3 years ago

CH74

368 posts
Joined 01/2010

Stars is not an entity of its own having moral values and so on, they actually have a management consisting of people. If all was good yesterday, there is no guarantee that when there is a change in management today, all things will be good tomorrow, too.

And since these types of shady companies are not a bit transparent, all you can do is hope not observe.

Posted about 3 years ago

greenleather

6 posts
Joined 06/2011

Full Tilt used to be second best and it wasn't enough.. I would trust a listed company more than these private type shady sites.

Isn't full tilt coming back before september 15th? I read an article that said that in late July, they got their liicense back and the site will be back up at the latest 15th.

Posted about 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsSoftware and Tools → pokerstars a scam?