Member Videos Poker Forums

How I made $2500 in one night

or track by Email or RSS

carrot5

4 posts
Joined 01/2011

http://membervideos.deucescracked.com/carrot5/12352/jungle2.avi

2 tables 100 NL HU vs same opponent. 3bet or fold style, hyper aggro, some luck and the lettin it all ride. Watch me absolutely crush this player and run hot as shakira.

Posted over 3 years ago

goose669

527 posts
Joined 08/2008

can see you have put alot of time n effort into this vid, really admire your enthusiasm or however ya spell it lol

Posted over 3 years ago

I3betyoutillyoudie

2519 posts
Joined 11/2010

carrot5

4 posts
Joined 01/2011

I3betyoutillyoudie

2519 posts
Joined 11/2010

watch it here without download http://vimeo.com/22178502

Great ty, congratulations on the win ill watch it all over the coming days.

Posted over 3 years ago

emopants

28 posts
Joined 02/2011

This was a pretty good video. The only thing I wish you did was pause more often and better explain your hands. You kept saying you don't want people to think you're a donk, which it obviously doesn't look like you are. But there isn't a lot of reasoning behind what you do other than not expecting him to have XX in Y position. Some tricky hands (I watched your first video too) where there was a monotone flop you still weren't afraid to ship it.

Esp. in your first video where you get your aces cracked by the backdoor heart draw. Giving your reasoning behind WHY he doesn't have flush draws would help me understand your perspective better, but I definately appreciate your style. Its really unique.

Ever since black friday I've been FIENDING for some sort of poker every day (I usually stalk forums and watch videos whenever I can) and this was really a good watch.

Posted over 3 years ago

spidermania

122 posts
Joined 08/2009

Just my opinion.. but you come across as very arrogent with the music and all the im crushing him talk, almost seems like just one big brag. It wasn't really needed and the video would have been alot more enjoyable without it.

Posted about 3 years ago

Int20h

351 posts
Joined 10/2009

Just my opinion.. but you come across as very arrogent with the music and all the im crushing him talk, almost seems like just one big brag. It wasn't really needed and the video would have been alot more enjoyable without it.

I agree. Even if you are crushing your opponents you should still mantain a level of respect and professionalism. Sometimes it might be easy to forget that when we are sucking out on rivers or just running like gods.

Imagine that you are in opponent's shoes playing in the video and you were getting crushed. How would you feel if saw a video of that here in DC with the guy that crushed you bragging about it?

Edit: Forgot to mention, besides the previous point I think the video does indeed have good info on it and I really liked it.

Posted about 3 years ago

emopants

28 posts
Joined 02/2011

Imagine that you are in opponent's shoes playing in the video and you were getting crushed. How would you feel if saw a video of that here in DC with the guy that crushed you bragging about it?

I think that was one of his points though. Just imagine the tilt that the person would be going on.

Don't get me wrong though I believe in maintaining professionalism and being nice. And while sometimes he did suck out on the river there were a few good hands that weren't all luck as well. By 4 betting constantly he's not letting his opponent get him tilted, and in turn getting his opponent tilted.

Posted about 3 years ago

Buby2132

1476 posts
Joined 09/2010

Saydon

36 posts
Joined 11/2008

op,

i have to admit you have no clue what you were doing but the musicparty were kinda funny

Posted about 3 years ago

ItsRevi

111 posts
Joined 10/2010

op,

i have to admit you have no clue what you were doing but the musicparty were kinda funny

he must have at least some idea Poke Tongue

I liked most of the video. Its clear you put effort into this so I appreciate that. I enjoyed that you enjoyed playing - it showed.

I disagree that 'if you only have a few hundred dollars then you might aswell take shots and neglect BRM.' You said something similar to that towards the end. It's shown time and time again that BRM is key no matter if you have a 2 digit or 5 digit BR.

Other than that, I enjoyed the video. I agree with the above comments that the smack talk in the chatbox + on commentary could die down a bit, and the music was unnecessary IMO. I understand that the music was there predominately to give you a break from talking, but it doesnt have to be like that. You can have silence in a commentary video, it's okay.

Posted about 3 years ago

goose669

527 posts
Joined 08/2008

haha well i wasnt going to say anything more than the guy is very enthusiastic when it comes to making video's...which i still stand by Smile

Posted about 3 years ago

onehundred47

404 posts
Joined 10/2009

Emergence

491 posts
Joined 07/2009

HomePoker ForumsMember Videos → How I made $2500 in one night