Member Videos Poker Forums

25NL 4 tables

or track by Email or RSS

VeritasX7

25 posts
Joined 02/2011

I just recorded this. I usually do ok at 25 NL but how optimal is my play? I want to do anything I can to improve and I dont know much about poker, i've only been playing for 3 months. The hands i open with are based mostly on TubaSteves 'babysteps" vid series. I think most of my problems are post flop. I'm not always sure where I should be C-betting and were i should be check/folding. I have a general idea sometimes but there are alot of times where I find myself in a "what do i do" situation.

http://membervideos.deucescracked.com/VeritasX7/11762/Carbon%20sesh.wmv

Sorry about the vid being kinda fuzzy. I don't know how to record videos well or what programs to use. Also, I sped up the vid and I didn't record any audio because I'm in a public place and didn't want to look like a lunatic. Perhaps i'll record some ones with commentary so I can give my thoughts as I play.

Posted almost 7 years ago

KingJames_KJ

170 posts
Joined 12/2009

Hey, thanks for sharing your video!

I recorded myself watching your video, adding my commentary and thoughts as you played. I really had no idea about your HUD stats, so I just went off of 25nl readless. Also, I know you couldn't, but next time I def encourage you to record your thoughts, it will help your thought process immensely! I still record 2-3 sessions a week with live commentary so I can just verbalize every decision I make and it really helps with the accountability for your play and make sure you aren't just clicking buttons/making plays without reason.

I think you play really well for being pretty new to poker. I hope my comments are helpful.

I would like to discuss the QQ spot about 3/4 through the video. If you would post the HH, or even just give your thoughts on the river, that'd be awesome.

Here is the video I made of your video with my comments! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NY7HTT6U

glgl

Posted over 6 years ago

VeritasX7

25 posts
Joined 02/2011

Hey, thanks for sharing your video!

I recorded myself watching your video, adding my commentary and thoughts as you played. I really had no idea about your HUD stats, so I just went off of 25nl readless. Also, I know you couldn't, but next time I def encourage you to record your thoughts, it will help your thought process immensely! I still record 2-3 sessions a week with live commentary so I can just verbalize every decision I make and it really helps with the accountability for your play and make sure you aren't just clicking buttons/making plays without reason.

I think you play really well for being pretty new to poker. I hope my comments are helpful.

I would like to discuss the QQ spot about 3/4 through the video. If you would post the HH, or even just give your thoughts on the river, that'd be awesome.

Here is the video I made of your video with my comments! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NY7HTT6U

glgl

Thanks for the response. I'll watch the video you made in a little while and respond. But on the subject of the QQ hand where I was in the SB. I guess I didn't give the hand too much thought looking back on it. But I felt like two things were happening there. I felt like the BB didn't want to give up his BB and thought I was raising him with any garbage and just kind of bullying him. I've seen players do this before, they will just call the small blinds raise and quickly call continuation bets down because they dont really believe they have much of anything. (I used to do this myself). Thats also why I bet pot on the river, I felt like he was just going to call down any bet I made except maybe a shove. And if he did have a draw he was going for I figured it was a flush draw, i really didn't give too much thought about the str8 out there, which was a mistake on my part, but I think I would have still made a bet regardless because I think if I showed any weakness he would have made an attempt at a bluff and I would have had to make a tough decision.

But I really don't know what the best decision there would have been, i was kinda just playing in the moment and because he was calling so fast i just didn't think he had anything but maybe a flush draw or it was more him just being mad that I tried to take his blind Smile

Posted over 6 years ago

KingJames_KJ

170 posts
Joined 12/2009

Yeah, I think c/c is best on the river. He's never calling busted flush draws and never folding a straight, or even two pair I think. But he will bluff a missed flush draw a good amount, and I often see players just bet bc it's a 4-straight and you checked. Interesting spot

Posted over 6 years ago

VeritasX7

25 posts
Joined 02/2011

Alright I watched the video response. Really loved the insight you gave, it really helped me see some of the spots where I could have played the hand a little differently. I agree with pretty much everything you said. 1 spot early on where I had AQo on the SB facing an UTG min raise. I decided to flat that hand mainly because he was short stacked. Also I wasn't entirely sure what his range was at this point so I decided to just play my hand pretty passively.

Another hand is where I had J7o and i 3 bet the buttons steal. I regretted this the moment I did it because right when I did it I saw how short stacked he was. At that point I was mostly just praying he folded and luckily he did.

The worst hand was the 99 hand where I got 4 bet on the BB. Wasn't sure what to do at that point, it was probably a fold. I think the only reason I called was because on the off chance that I did hit a set on the flop I was going to be able to take his entire stack. Strangely enough, i didn't hit a set and he checked all the way. So maybe it was a 4 bet bluff? I actually wish I would have checked there so I could see what he had.

Other than that not a ton of tough post flop situations for me in this video unfortunately, but hopefully I can record some more videos and get into some tougher decision making spots. I might record a 50 NL session with some commentary this time to give a little better insight what's going on in my mind while I'm playing the hand.

Thanks again for the response!

Posted over 6 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMember Videos → 25NL 4 tables