Member Videos Poker Forums

5/T LHE

or track by Email or RSS

VUcats

690 posts
Joined 04/2008

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y77NZJYL

Hey guys, here's a vid I made for the Minbettors Anonymous group of me playing a session of 5/T.

Posted almost 6 years ago

Deepsquat1

965 posts
Joined 11/2008

hey Steve

Looking fwd to seeing the vid.

Do you know how to produce the videos as .wmv?

It will make the file alot smaller and therefore you will get alot more people watching/responding.

You just select .wmv as the option in camtasia when you are producing the file.

Cheers
James

golden dorado

68 posts
Joined 01/2008

Vcat:
-about 2:00 in you fold your A8 on an A53K board with 3 spades after getting 3-bet on flop and bet into on turn. I must say I don’t think I’ve ever folded there and your laydown was quite impressive.
-3:45 you hit your set on the river and k/r. I donk bet here most of the time, especially against a villain that seems passive like this one.
-6:00 you open with 65o on BTN. I understand the blinds are relatively tight, but I feel this is too loose. My standard BTN open is 87o so maybe I drop to 67o depending on players. I know it’s close and pretty insignificant, so no big deal I guess. I like your bet on the river cause typical villain calls with has A high here a ton.
- 7:00 you comment on how you color code players by good/bad. I suggest that you improve that system to loose-passive, loose-aggressive, tight-passive, tight-aggressive. It will help table selection and seat selection much better. Also, I think it’s pretty easy to figure out the good players and assume the rest are bad 
-8:00 I don’t like your river raise with T9 when you hit 2 pair on the 5cTd4s4c9d river. His loose stats probably threw you off a bit but it’s less than 30 hands so it’s pretty worthless. I didn’t notice him being out of line until now so that should weigh heavier. Anyway, after 3-betting you PF and 3-betting the flop, his range is pretty tight. It’s a relatively dry flop, so there’s not much reason for him to think you’re drawing. I think he has AT, KT, TT+, 55, 44. You’re a 2:1 dog to that range. Add in QT/JT and you’re only a 56% fav.
-9:00 – I think river is a k/c. You mention betting for value (87 on 97K64 board). I’m not sure what’s calling you that you beat. There aren’t that many Ax hands left in his range based on the action that you are still beating. I’m sure this hand will get debated and you may even want to post it, but I just don’t see him calling down with AT or even AJ here. I think you’re behind his calling range at the river.
-9:00 – right hand table. I usually auto raise w/almost any 2 vs a SB limp. You’ll be able to play the hand easier and take most of them down on the flop. Everyone has their own preference here though.
-11:30 – you hit 2 pair on right with T9 and call in MP 3-way. You should auto-raise that flop. First, a most you’re gaining an extra ½ to 1 bet waiting until the turn to raise and sometimes you’re actually making less (if the action on flop gets heavy). Not to mention you’re letting all the draws see the turn way too cheap.
-14:30 right table – I bet my AQ on this turn b/c I can fold to a raise and if I’m going to call I’m better off betting. Bet turn, check the river UI.
-16:00 opening 22 in HJ is too loose no matter how tight the remaining players are (and they weren’t). I use to raise 22+ UTG TBH, but changed my ways after some debating. Work yourself down a pair per position starting with 55 UTG and I think you’ll like your results better.
-16:40 left table – I dunno, J6s open from BTN is one notch too loose for me but whatever. I also don’t particularly like picking on Kristian Bahle in the BB– he gives headaches.
-23 min left table – interesting flop donk bet w/A9 on AAx board. I like it – I think you’re notes came in handy here and I think you’re right in thinking he may check his non-Ace hands. Well-played.

Summary: You are a good player and think through your hands well. I'm impressed with your fundamentals. I also like how you value bet thinly - A coach once told me to just keep value betting until you notice yourself losing - so just watch for that. I would be careful overplaying your cards based on villian stats - I think you're opening up your hand range a little too much based on stats preflop and maybe slightly postflop as well. Use stats as a general guideline only, especially when you have less than 3-400 hands on a villian. Thanks a bunch for posting the video.

VUcats

690 posts
Joined 04/2008

hey Steve

Looking fwd to seeing the vid.

Do you know how to produce the videos as .wmv?

It will make the file alot smaller and therefore you will get alot more people watching/responding.

You just select .wmv as the option in camtasia when you are producing the file.

Cheers
James

Yeah, this was the first vid I made with Camtasia. I know now how to change the format. Sorry about the huge size.

HomePoker ForumsMember Videos → 5/T LHE