Poker Video: SNG by danzasmack (Micro/Small Stakes)

Bankroll Building: Micro NL Heads Up SNGs - 1

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now

Bankroll Building: Micro NL Heads Up SNGs - 1 by danzasmack

Bankroll Building is a video series designed to help players build up their bankroll and confidence in good, low variance games. In this first episode, Chuck outlines the series concept and talks about the importance of confidence in poker. Then, he talks about the upsides and downsides to playing non-turbo micro stakes HUNL SNGs. Finally, he outlines his basic strategy and approach to adjustments when playing.

About Bankroll Building Subscribe to

Bankroll Building is a video series designed to help players build up their bankroll and confidence in good, low variance games.

Tags

hu heads up sng HU SNG micro

Video Details

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Bankroll Building: Micro NL Heads Up SNGs - 1

or track by Email or RSS

Kalupso

416 posts
Joined 10/2012

Excited to see some HU SNG content on DC! Hope to see some more advanced videos as well.

Posted about 3 years ago

dougbug808

27 posts
Joined 02/2011

Looking forward to this one! Will all of the play be on Bovada?

Posted about 3 years ago

danzasmack

2408 posts
Joined 02/2007

For now I've only done them on Bovada. I am very open to suggestions for the next option/game type!

Posted about 3 years ago

BlufferFish

21 posts
Joined 06/2014

how frequent will you be doing a video? also im assuming you cant do stars?

thanks Smile

Posted about 3 years ago

Last Laugh

1 posts
Joined 05/2014

Stoked! I just got into playing HUSNGs, and have been a fan of Chuck's podcasts for a while. Perfect timing.

I thought I'd point out that at Bovada, the rake at the very low HUSNGS ($1.10 & $3.30) is 10% and not too beatable. The $5.25 is the first one where the rake is down to the 5% that we need.

Merge is a pretty good option, the rake at the $1.10 and 2.20 is actually closer to 6-7%, although their reg speeds start at 50bb. Using PT or HEM is pretty awesome, too.

EDIT: The Merge rake quoted is actually for the Turbos. Reg speed is a little higher....

Posted about 3 years ago

danzasmack

2408 posts
Joined 02/2007

BlufferFish,

Weekly!

Last Laugh,

Thanks!

Yeah Merge is OK. I think they stopped spreading the HULHE ones on there but I did a bunch of videos on those which were very beatable.

I don't mind not having PT/HEM. I have HEM Indicator which is fine for what the HUD really is in these - an excellent red flag for some stats. So many villains take such strange lines I'm not even looking @ the stats a lot.

These Bovada ones really are spot to learn HUNL.

Chuck

Posted about 3 years ago

BlufferFish

21 posts
Joined 06/2014

Chuck,

Just trying to get my head around a point you made in tbe video about the rake for cash games making them virtually unbeatable. obviously as an american you cant play at stars, so maybe the rake is higher?

For example a $7 sng you pay rake of $0.66, which is around 5%, whereas, the cash games are only 4.5% plus they are capped so youd only pay $0.50. Obviously you wouldnt go all in everyhand but it doesnt matter if your half stacked in a pot the maths still work out the same.

I may be making a complete fool of myself and missing the point, please shed some light on this! Thanks.

Posted about 3 years ago

elorean

741 posts
Joined 05/2009

basically you pay rake every hand and HU you're forced to play every hand with weak ranges so you constantly pay rake, whereas with HUsngs you pay rake once and can play many hands for that paid rake.

You also rarely hit the rake cap in the cash games at low stakes so that's not an 'advantage' whereas if you'd play 5/10 you'd easily hit the rake cap and relatively pay less rake.

Posted about 3 years ago

danzasmack

2408 posts
Joined 02/2007

@BlufferFish -

Exactly what elorean said. In terms of just a few hands? It's way better of course. But we will pay $.25 in rake @ 5nl HU relatively quickly, especially vs. villains playing a ton of hands and checking/calling a lot.

Posted about 3 years ago

rk5329

63 posts
Joined 06/2011

What is the bankroll management here?

I was thinking about 50 buy-ins and moving down at 35.

When do you move up and down?

Thanks

Posted about 3 years ago

danzasmack

2408 posts
Joined 02/2007

RK,

I think 50 buy-ins would be pretty excessive for these games. I talk about it in the videos but because of the slow structure and level of competition, you should be able to hit a pretty high winrate.

I'd honestly be comfortable doing this with 10 buyins to start and feel good about my chances of not going broke. If you're completely new I'd say watch some of the vids and be more conservative - 20 or so buyins. You could even start at the $3's to get your feet wet.

A big part of this is the specific game/structure though. Hope that's clear!

Here's the timestamp link to the part in the video where I go over our risk of ruin
Cheers,

Chuck

Posted about 3 years ago

rk5329

63 posts
Joined 06/2011

Thank You Very Much,

I was thinking of playing much higher and thought 14 buy-ins was kind of low . I'm actually not sure what my win rate would be at certain levels but maybe I'll set aside a small bankroll and experiment with a 20 buy-in bankroll dropping at 15 buy-ins ...How do you think these winrates and bankroll requirements change for turbos?

What is the highest level you played there? How is the competition at the higher levels?

Thanks Again for your time. DANZASMACK RULES!

Posted about 3 years ago

danzasmack

2408 posts
Joined 02/2007

rk,

I'd say you should expect a lower winrate for sure at basically any other sit n' goes but these haha. In other words, the faster the structure, the less edge you will be able to push + the more variance in the game as well.

I would definitely want more than 20 buyins for turbos. Depending on what your goals are I'd probably be looking at closer to 50.

In terms of competition at higher stakes - think of it as a frequency thing. You will face players worse than some of those I play in these videos. But there are a lot more people willing to grind/play a bunch that are good players that you may have little to no edge against. I can't speak to higher stakes on Bovada because I haven't played them really but maybe soon!

And cheers!

Posted about 3 years ago

rk5329

63 posts
Joined 06/2011

Ok , I am going to finish watching the series , Thank A lot!

Posted about 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Bankroll Building : Micro NL Heads Up SNGs - 1