Heads Up NL Poker Forums

Line check

or track by Email or RSS

SchFerreira

310 posts
Joined 11/2011

So I just played this 2 table match against some guy and dropped like 4 BIs to him, but I don't think I played that bad although I made some pretty nitty hero folds on spots where I thought he's not good enough to have a bluffing range. His stats ended up being taggy with 83% steal and no glaring leaks.

On this hand, I think turn is a standard x/r since he's probably calling any Ax and we can get value from worse 2 pair. On the river he shoves and I want to kill myself. Ended up putting him on AJ/A8/A6/sets and folding. Does he ever do this with worse?

Poker Stars $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 1661607
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $74.00
BTN/SB: $59.64

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A Club 2 Club
BTN/SB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.00) 2 Spade 8 Diamond 6 Spade (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.00) A Heart (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $4.00, Hero raises to $12, BTN/SB calls $8

River: ($29.00) J Heart (2 players)
Hero bets $21.50, BTN/SB raises to $45.14, Hero folds

Final Pot: $72.00
BTN/SB wins $71.50
(Rake: $0.50)

Heart Spade Diamond Club

He had x/r, then called a 3-bet once, then x/f turn, which made me think he had a draw almost always, since I have to guess that he shoves 2 pairs and sets on the flop. Decided to check back and give him a chance to bluff the river, since I was sure he was going to x/f turn with a FD. On the river, KQ and FDs are beating me; yet folding seems just so gross.

Poker Stars $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 1661610
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN/SB): $64.23
BB: $102.45

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN/SB with 8 Club 9 Diamond
Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) T Spade 7 Spade J Diamond (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $2.00, BB raises to $6, Hero raises to $14.50, BB calls $8.50

Turn: ($32.00) A Club (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($32.00) 6 Spade (2 players)
BB bets $21.50, Hero folds

Final Pot: $32.00
BB wins $31.50
(Rake: $0.50)

Posted about 2 years ago

Foukus

288 posts
Joined 01/2009

I think on the 1st hand fold is good. He probably doesn't shove any worse for value nor does bluff here.

On the 2nd hand I would bet turn 100% of the time. I doubt he's going to fold his FDs 100% here because he could've had hit the A with AsXs or he has gutshot to go with his draw. Also A is a card I would like to barrel with bluffs.

When river brings 6s, you are gonna be beat some of the time for sure. But with these odds + the chance he might bet worse for value (and it wouldn't be actually very thin) I'm never folding.

Posted about 2 years ago

Noobalube

361 posts
Joined 02/2012

Yeah, hand #1 I think is a bet fold, however, you bet way too much on the river IMO. My question is don't you think villain would 3bet any set/A8/A6 here? You're line does look very strong so it's hard for me to believe he doesn't 3bet there. AJ is really the only thing that makes sense here. With such a narrow value range, it's hard to not call. However, like you said, what worse is shoving? Does he shove Ax here?

Hand #2 is just a super super SUPER easy bet for value on the turn. Maybe if the board wasn't so draw heavy you could argue for a check back to induce line, but I just don't think it's a good idea at all here.

Posted about 2 years ago

andrewclimbs

17 posts
Joined 02/2012

hand 1:
do you think he is capable of following on the flop with some kind of flush draw, and maybe with an ace here?, when he busts it he is betting is way out of it here...or maybe thinking his A is good?
though i dont mind your line im thinking with noobalube here...betting around $14-16 here

Posted about 2 years ago

ambtndplyr

379 posts
Joined 02/2009

Noobalube

361 posts
Joined 02/2012

how do you not bet turn in hand 2

FPS

Posted about 2 years ago

SchFerreira

310 posts
Joined 11/2011

FPS

This. I'm sure I butchered hand #2 but FWIW I had a pretty good read. Still, I think betting is better.

Posted about 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Line check