Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by WiltOnTilt (Micro/Small Stakes)

Mentor: WiltOnTilt (#19) - 100NL Heads Up

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Mentor: WiltOnTilt (#19) - 100NL Heads Up by WiltOnTilt

WiltOnTilt takes on a player making the transition from 6max to Heads Up, and talks more about HU fundamentals.

About Mentor Subscribe to

DeucesCracked coaches Mentor their students in these coaching videos.

Tags

wiltontilt heads up mentor hunlhe nlhe 100nl 100 nl $0.5/1

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 57 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Mentor: WiltOnTilt (#19) - 100NL Heads Up

or track by Email or RSS

CDA

1526 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:56:09

With a vbet here, just shove or something like 25€? A little gross if we get raised though.

Posted over 2 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2650 posts
Joined 10/2007

With a vbet here, just shove or something like 25€? A little gross if we get raised though.

I would just shove. He can definitely have worse Qx here (KQ Q9) and there's no guarantee he always folds Jx. Sure we can be beat some, but many of the hands that beat us can be discounted by either flop or turn action...so I'm pretty happy to have this hand in my river value range

Posted over 2 years ago

chewchew

50 posts
Joined 09/2010

Jesus Christ, the rake on ps.fr for normal ring games is already atrocious, but the hu rake is really ridiculous.
I guess it's ok for practice if you don't mind losing money but is this format even beatable?

Posted over 2 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2650 posts
Joined 10/2007

Jesus Christ, the rake on ps.fr for normal ring games is already atrocious, but the hu rake is really ridiculous.
I guess it's ok for practice if you don't mind losing money but is this format even beatable?

The rake is brutal but so are the players from the few sessions i've coached on there. Your point is dead on though you need a nice edge.

Posted over 2 years ago

ninjacut

42 posts
Joined 12/2011

Even given the fact you were playing the video in 1.7x speed it seemed he was pressing the buttons too often too fast. Maybe that is at least a partial reason for why he folded so much preflop and missed some value bets postflop.

I think, even though you got the non-stop talking out of this video anyways, at least 2-tabling recording will produce more interesting spots and some dynamic. Not complaining, just suggesting; good video Smile

Posted over 2 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2650 posts
Joined 10/2007

Thanks for the comment ninjacut. Just so you know next week will be another 1 tabling video (I already have it produced). I have some good things lined up for the weeks after that though. I'm having a guest coach lined up to help out and we are reviewing some of his students videos.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

Time Link to 00:09:39

If we bet the flop with AJ there, do you like going 3 streets? If not, do you like bet bet check or bet check bet?

Posted over 2 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

Time Link to 00:15:06

any merit in calling the turn since most of the value hands that call a turn x/r will bet the river again, most of the value hands that call a turn x/r and a river shove will call a river x/shove, and calling lets him bluff the river?

Posted over 2 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

Time Link to 00:31:51

so with the QQ on the turn are you going for value mostly against draws? I'd expect a 7 to fold a lot since since his equity is poor and he can get counterfitted on the river. And against his draws, yeah we get value on the turn, but what's our plan for the river? x/c?

Posted over 2 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2650 posts
Joined 10/2007

If we bet the flop with AJ there, do you like going 3 streets? If not, do you like bet bet check or bet check bet?

The better our opponent reads hands, the more I like bet bet check.

The worse the hand reader, I like bet check bet

Posted over 2 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2650 posts
Joined 10/2007

any merit in calling the turn since most of the value hands that call a turn x/r will bet the river again, most of the value hands that call a turn x/r and a river shove will call a river x/shove, and calling lets him bluff the river?

Yea i think it's worth considering slowplaying the turn and checkraising the river, but some of these guys will puss out on the river with Qx but they might bet/call the turn Qx with diamond (and then if they hit, might call a river bet -- although it's true river bet might be a little thin against some players). Either way, it's definitely worth thinking about what is best vs each player. Against this particular guy I would probably prefer c/r turn

Posted over 2 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2650 posts
Joined 10/2007

so with the QQ on the turn are you going for value mostly against draws? I'd expect a 7 to fold a lot since since his equity is poor and he can get counterfitted on the river. And against his draws, yeah we get value on the turn, but what's our plan for the river? x/c?

in 6m they might fold, but I don't necessarily think 7x or pocket pairs are auto folding this turn HU, plus like you said we get value/protection against some draws. I will say it is more important to bet this turn with QQ if the board is 782dd compared to 788dd, and this opponent isn't so tough anyway, so if we wanted to play the turn very face up and check, we could probably get away with it... but in general if you are facing a range where you are likely to get 1 more street of value and there are a good number of draws out, you might as well get that street on the turn. As for the river, against this particular guy we might c/c, vs others we could c/f the thinner they value bet (ie more Ax) and the more inclined they are to raise the flop with their semibluffs (fewer busted hands)

Posted over 2 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

Time Link to 00:39:40

here you say you'd value shove pretty much any river. what about a Q or a T?

Posted over 2 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2650 posts
Joined 10/2007

here you say you'd value shove pretty much any river. what about a Q or a T?

Yea i'd shove them both vs good players. Vs weaker/bad players you can opt to instead bet small and fold to a raise (even getting good odds)

Keep in mind this type of comment is also related to my overall gameplan and preflop strategy. For guys who aren't 3betting that much or aren't playing that aggro or are playing against guys who fold like 65-75% preflop, it could be too thin... so you just have to take all of those things into consideration. If you dont' have a guy who can call with some underpairs on occasion and their preflop range is like JT+ only then you might be running into a better hand too often on those rivers

You should hopefully have an idea of how he views the Q river... does it make him more or less likely to call with Jx or 99? Does he think you can value bet the Q river with Jx etc

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Mentor : WiltOnTilt (#19) - 100NL Heads Up