Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (Micro/Small Stakes)

Mentor: Ansky (#1) - 100NL Heads Up

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.

Mentor: Ansky (#1) - 100NL Heads Up by Ansky

Ansky coaches his friend Gugel at 100NL Heads Up. They review a video of Gugel's play on 2 tables and discuss many topics including meta-game and correct bet sizes.

About Mentor Subscribe to

DeucesCracked coaches Mentor their students in these coaching videos.

Tags

ansky mentor hunlhe heads up video review 100nl 100 nl 2-tabling

Video Details

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Mentor: Ansky (#1) - 100NL Heads Up

or track by Email or RSS

chinz

65 posts
Joined 02/2009

I think that Gugel was a great student for a video... Not because his analysis or something, but just because he seems to know Ansky well and doesn't have a problem in arguing/discussing different situations with him. And being friends probably makes it easier also for Ansky to be completely honest and not trying to be diplomatic or something.

Most of the mentor videos are just full of student saying "yes... yes... yes..." and then when the mentor asks them something they're still completely clueless. =P

Only thing that bothered me was that Gugel didn't let Ansky finish speaking. That obviously does nothing good for the video. But disagreeing with Ansky and/or explaining his own thoughts (ands Anskys comments on them) should be the point in leakfinding videos, I don't understand why anyone would complain about that.

Anyway, certainly a rediculously good video, hoping to see more NLHU by different coaches, not just bosox and gman (with occasional KRANTZ).

Posted about 8 years ago

horsetranquilizer

26 posts
Joined 07/2008

10 mins in and I love this vid allready ! ^^

tis

Posted about 8 years ago

FuzzyPuppy

50 posts
Joined 07/2009

Time Link to 00:00:33

On the QJ hand where Gugel shoves the turn, I tend to do the same thing for a different reason. I feel that I will have to pay off the river and that he will shove 2/3 pot for value with any of the hands that beat me (AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AJ,or KJ) with the possible exception of KJ. Since I am losing my stack regardless, I feel I might as well protect against a random 2 to 6-outer by shoving turn.

Is my mistake here that I am continuing with this hand in the first place? Or am I discounting bluff equity from villain on the river by just calling turn?

This is a common situation for me and any help into my thought process would be appreciated.

Posted about 8 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5690 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:51:27

YESSSSS! SOMEONE ELSE THAT IS PISSED OFF ABOUT 'REDICULOUS!' IT'S RIDICULOUS!

Oh, and it's DEFINITELY. Not definately, not definetly. Just remember - the word FINITE is in it!

Posted about 8 years ago

TheGeek

1478 posts
Joined 01/2009

Really liked this video guys. Thought the interaction was great and it was really good to have a coach get quizzed a lot and to have the coach really hammer home what the best play is and why. Brilliant stuff. More of the same please!

Posted about 8 years ago

LoveisHell

17 posts
Joined 11/2008

Excellent video, because of the information and Gugel getting bashed.
I also think Gugel made some good calls.

Could someone please explain to me the part where Dani (Asnky) thought It would be terrible to CRAI A93Q when Gugel had AQ? I remember him saying something about certain hands that are irrelevant in villains range (set. lower two pair). I had trouble understanding this and why exactly is it bad to CRAI . Dani was very clear, but Gugel was interrupting him, so it was very confusing.

Let me try it first. This is why we should bet IMO:

- We should bet since 9x is not gonna bet, but vould bluffcatch. Anyway we're not gonna make much money against this hand.

- He might pot control with Ax, so we won't get his whole stack.

- There are no draws that he can bluff the turn. He usually has a made hand with SD-value.

Let's assume the board were drawy. I think we should bet and not check since most people will check behind and try to hit for free. They might bluff the river. Do you ever check drawy boards with strong hands? In whaty situations

Thank you

- LoveisHell

EDIT. More SSNL HU with two tables. I loved it!!

Posted about 8 years ago

KRANTZ

3149 posts
Joined 07/2007

KRANTZ

3149 posts
Joined 07/2007

Time Link to 00:05:24

Dani makes a good point, bet the river... but see above comment, you could have won the hand on the flop or by the river.

Posted about 8 years ago

KRANTZ

3149 posts
Joined 07/2007

Time Link to 00:26:33

Boom, Dani nailed it. Huge problem with small stakes players in every game - you guys are dodging difficult situations because you don't know what to do and because of that you aren't always making the best play. Something like that is really hard to spot unless you're thinking about it, and you can't figure that out in HEM.

Posted about 8 years ago

Joe Tall

6695 posts
Joined 11/2006

Could someone please explain to me the part where Dani (Asnky) thought It would be terrible to CRAI A93Q when Gugel had AQ? I remember him saying something about certain hands that are irrelevant in villains range (set. lower two pair). I had trouble understanding this and why exactly is it bad to CRAI . Dani was very clear, but Gugel was interrupting him, so it was very confusing.

Please leave a time-stamp or better yet, Watch this short video, and leave a time link!

That will be much easier for the coaches to find the hand and answer your questions, thanks.

Posted about 8 years ago

Stressless

7 posts
Joined 11/2009

Great vid.
And having a student like this, who argues a lot is the best you can ask for. At least from the viewer point of view, since we are getting much more info.

Posted about 8 years ago

alexhandros

88 posts
Joined 01/2008

Hands down without a doubt the best poker video I've ever seen in my life. Just overtook KRANTZ vs Nowa1, my previous favorite.

Posted about 8 years ago

kilkelly

54 posts
Joined 10/2009

Hey Ansky! I've been waiting for this! Well done.

Posted about 8 years ago

needfinesse

131 posts
Joined 07/2009

Not yet finished watching the video yet but OMG this kid is fuckin annoying! He is so lucky to have a world class player as his good friend and being so patient. I hardly ever comment, but this video is tilting. Hate it when nobodies try and act smart.

Questioning the coach is good but arguing for the sake of arguing or saving face is pathetic.

Ansky is a good coach, really enjoy his videos. This combination certainly has some chemistry and a future video would be good but tell Gugel to take it easy. No need to have a rebuttal for everything like a housewife.

Posted about 8 years ago

Onraad

631 posts
Joined 08/2008

YESSSSS! SOMEONE ELSE THAT IS PISSED OFF ABOUT 'REDICULOUS!' IT'S RIDICULOUS!

Oh, and it's DEFINITELY. Not definately, not definetly. Just remember - the word FINITE is in it!

Thanks for the tip, now I can finally be sure I'll know how to spell this very difficult word! Grin

Posted about 8 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Mentor : Ansky (#1) - 100NL Heads Up