Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by 2fouroffsuit (Micro/Small Stakes)

Minor League: Episode Two

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Minor League: Episode Two by 2fouroffsuit

DC Member 2fouroffsuit takes his turn at the plate, playing small-stakes Heads Up and walking us through his thought process.

About Minor League Subscribe to

Prospective DC producers present their video efforts. If they prove themselves worthy, they might be called up to the big leagues. Please help them out with comments and constructive criticism!

Tags

2fouroffsuit minor league heads up hunlhe nlhe 50nl 50 nl

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 50 minutes long
  • Posted almost 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Minor League: Episode Two

or track by Email or RSS

Thorrrr

48 posts
Joined 12/2009

slycebu

961 posts
Joined 09/2009

I enjoyed this, I'm impressed with your ability to keep things simple, looking forward to more vids from you.

Posted almost 3 years ago

rrumsey

5765 posts
Joined 06/2010

marcel23

50 posts
Joined 12/2010

Pre-UIGEA, it was very easy for anyone to throw some money onto a pokersite via credit card. Sites like Oooooooooooooh Party Poka! were advertising everywhere. You didn't need to be "good" to make a lot of money, you just had to be better than the fish. As a result, very few people had incentive to get really really good. You didn't need advanced concepts to beat very poor players. Cardrunners existed, but was small, and the training site industry was very young. There just wasn't as much known about the game. Programs like pokerstove didn't exist/weren't widely used. Poker tracker 2 was around, but it was far from as robust of a tool as PT3 or HEM is. HUDs existed but were very primitive and not nearly as prevalent as they are in today's games.

After the UIGEA was passed, and headlines of "online poker made illegal" and the new hoops that people had to jump through to get money online, Party and others leaving the US market, made the pool of recreational players significantly dry up. After that, people *needed* to get better in order to survive, strategies like light 3betting became very common and eventually the game progressed to where it is today where people have fully thought about 3bet/4bet/5bet+ strategies and dynamics, and the training site industry began to grow as a result.

Thanks for your response. So its both a combination of the game evolving and the changes in player pool.

For those outside of USA that can play on party poker etc (I live in Australia). Would these games/sites be "softer" than say american player based sites (assuming american players are the most well equiped/informed etc)?

2fouroffsuit

1920 posts
Joined 01/2008

Thanks for your response. So its both a combination of the game evolving and the changes in player pool.

For those outside of USA that can play on party poker etc (I live in Australia). Would these games/sites be "softer" than say american player based sites (assuming american players are the most well equiped/informed etc)?

From what I've heard second hand, sites that don't allow American players are "different" and somewhat softer, but they probably aren't the fishponds that Americans think they are. I've heard that sites like ipoker are very reg heavy with rakeback grinders. My best advice would be to try for yourself to see how the different sites play, there are also some threads on DC here discussing the relative softnesses of the euro sites vs previously American sites like FTP and Stars.

marcel23

50 posts
Joined 12/2010

From what I've heard second hand, sites that don't allow American players are "different" and somewhat softer, but they probably aren't the fishponds that Americans think they are. I've heard that sites like ipoker are very reg heavy with rakeback grinders. My best advice would be to try for yourself to see how the different sites play, there are also some threads on DC here discussing the relative softnesses of the euro sites vs previously American sites like FTP and Stars.

Yes FT and PS are definitely softer now. Good for us non US residents i guess.

goose669

527 posts
Joined 08/2008

richbrown

280 posts
Joined 09/2008

thought this was very decent.

Can see Wilt on Tilt in your head haha.

mnml

13 posts
Joined 03/2011

Maybe you can upload your HEM HUD Layout? Just going to start NL HU and really like it.

2fouroffsuit

1920 posts
Joined 01/2008

Maybe you can upload your HEM HUD Layout? Just going to start NL HU and really like it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0OY5EE2J
Let me know if that link works for you.

mnml

13 posts
Joined 03/2011

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0OY5EE2J
Let me know if that link works for you.

Great. Thanks!

chrisbroholm

218 posts
Joined 07/2008

Just loved the snap-sitout-hitnrun by that triguy dude, haha...funniest ever

ihavefavor

53 posts
Joined 05/2011

Time Link to 00:24:30

I think the value bet on the river is too thin against this player who ,we have labeled as playing pretty straight forward,he's showed us few hands ago he'll flat with AA,also he hasn't been giving you any resistance on any other hands so why go for a thin value bet like this the 1 hand he shows resistance?

2fouroffsuit

1920 posts
Joined 01/2008

I think that you might be right. I don't think that I factored in the AA slow play as well as I should have when I was recording this live. On a board that dry, his range usually has a lot of Jx, 5x, and some other pp's. He was somewhat weak passive so I expected to get 3 streets from any 5x, 33, 44 hand and when the J pairs on the river that significantly cuts down on the number of combos of hands better than ours. However, if he's going to be slow playing some bigger pairs, then that likely makes this too thin.

CAMEL247

97 posts
Joined 11/2011

You played 2 underpair hands in 4B pots. One was TT on QQx, the other JJ on KKx. This is a spot I normally check back and you think it's better to just bet flop straight away. My main concern is having him do something weird like ch/raise so I feel much more comfortable checking back and calling the turn or betting the turn for value.

Why do you not like checking back and going for thin value on turn/river?

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Minor League : Episode Two