Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (Micro/Small Stakes)

DC Shorts: Ansky (#1) - HUNL Game Analysis

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

DC Shorts: Ansky (#1) - HUNL Game Analysis by Ansky

Ansky address the question in the Heads Up forum

Tags

heads up ansky dc shorts hunlhe nlhe forum review ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 27 minutes long
  • Posted almost 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for DC Shorts: Ansky (#1) - HUNL Game Analysis

or track by Email or RSS

goose669

527 posts
Joined 08/2008

as per usual top notch ansky, will help no end!!! good stuff.

Posted almost 4 years ago

terp

2005 posts
Joined 01/2008

Time Link to 00:03:36

this is a great point. for purposes of playability, etc groups of hands will be fairly equivalent and it will be more worthwhile to see their combined results, such as {22-77} UTG or something. in a sample, we could have flopped a bunch of sets (and stacked people) with 33 but gotten set over setted with each of 55 66 and 77. these hands are all basically the same, except for the progressively decreasing likelihood of set over set, so it's more significant to look at them as a group than as a bunch of individual, different holdings.

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

thanks for the vid, Dani.

question: how much weight do you normally put on HUD stats when analyzing possible adjustments your opponent may be making compared to the weight you put on your own observations/gameflow? for example, say your opponent cbets a lot over a large sample. But say his cbets havent been working that great because you've been c/r'ing and floating him a lot and you suspect he may be getting ready to adjust. Do you filter for like the last 100 hands in HEM in game to see what he's been cbetting and adjust accordingly, or do you anticipate his adjustment and adjust to that (assuming he's a good reg who isnt playing a ton of tables)?

in other words, how do you balance adjusting your play according to his HUD stats (including the stats from a recent sample like the last 100 hands) and adjusting your play according to gameflow?

stxs999

24 posts
Joined 06/2008

If you did more videos I would keep my suscription. Sadly, this site can't even commit to weekly Duel videos. How many is this missed 2 out 3 weeks? If I could get my money back from June 2010, I would gladly take it. Minus a couple of token videos from you, FF, WOT, JK3A this site sucks. Congrats I am officially done with you DC.

Andersonlasp

8 posts
Joined 03/2010

KRANTZ

3150 posts
Joined 07/2007

If you did more videos I would keep my suscription. Sadly, this site can't even commit to weekly Duel videos. How many is this missed 2 out 3 weeks? If I could get my money back from June 2010, I would gladly take it. Minus a couple of token videos from you, FF, WOT, JK3A this site sucks. Congrats I am officially done with you DC.

I don't really know what to say to that, but I'm sorry you're disappointed. We try our best to cater to a wide variety of players with a wide variety of content. I'm sure if you stop by again in the future you'll find new videos you'd like. GL

Actinolite

38 posts
Joined 09/2008

Hi,

Just a quick note to say thanks for taking my thread and turning it into a video.

The tips were great, I'm now using HEM to find situations with leaks rather than stats only.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread and thanks to Ansky.

Further to stxs999, DC is more than just videos.

Actinolite

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

thanks for the vid, Dani.

question: how much weight do you normally put on HUD stats when analyzing possible adjustments your opponent may be making compared to the weight you put on your own observations/gameflow? for example, say your opponent cbets a lot over a large sample. But say his cbets havent been working that great because you've been c/r'ing and floating him a lot and you suspect he may be getting ready to adjust. Do you filter for like the last 100 hands in HEM in game to see what he's been cbetting and adjust accordingly, or do you anticipate his adjustment and adjust to that (assuming he's a good reg who isnt playing a ton of tables)?

in other words, how do you balance adjusting your play according to his HUD stats (including the stats from a recent sample like the last 100 hands) and adjusting your play according to gameflow?

As you allude to, it's pretty tough to find that exact balance between HUD reads and in-game reads. For most of my opponents, I know them very well (smaller player pool at high stakes) and with them it's pretty easy to tell when they are tilting, or playing different than usual. I suppose I don't have a clear answer for you, but it would have to be based on a combination of observation, how many tables they are playing, how they are doing on the session, etc.

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → DC Shorts : Ansky (#1) - HUNL Game Analysis