Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by whitelime (Mid Stakes)

Duel: Whitelime (#1) - 200NL vs 2fouroffsuit

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Duel: Whitelime (#1) - 200NL vs 2fouroffsuit by whitelime

Whitelime takes on DC member 2fouroffsuit and analyzes the play live.

About Duel Subscribe to

Watch as DC's finest tangle HU vs a variety of opponents.

Tags

whitelime duel heads up hunlhe nlhe 200nl 200 nl $1/2

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 46 minutes long
  • Posted almost 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Duel: Whitelime (#1) - 200NL vs 2fouroffsuit

or track by Email or RSS

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

Well played both of you,

+1. wp 2four.

Posted almost 4 years ago

2fouroffsuit

1996 posts
Joined 01/2008

Time Link to 00:21:37

Emil,
What do you think the best way to combat this situation is when I do have a hand like AQo? I'd seen that you were willing to small raise and get it in here with a top pair hand, but I know that you're going to be capable of messing with my cbets here as well.

Shipping over is risking 194 to win 110.50, clicking it back and folding seems gross, and calling down like I did obviously feels gross as well.

Awesome video, I like how you really kept your cool in the beginning when I was running pretty well and kept making hands.

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

Emil,
What do you think the best way to combat this situation is when I do have a hand like AQo? I'd seen that you were willing to small raise and get it in here with a top pair hand, but I know that you're going to be capable of messing with my cbets here as well.

Shipping over is risking 194 to win 110.50, clicking it back and folding seems gross, and calling down like I did obviously feels gross as well.

good question. i was thinking the same thing, but forgot to post it.

Bobby90

21 posts
Joined 09/2009

where do you find the BvMCB stat, been looking around and cant find it? is it called something else on the list off stats???

poolsweeper

395 posts
Joined 12/2008

Time Link to 00:33:06

Not sure I like the check-call here by 24offsuit. There really aren't that many draws/bluffs in his range, and I don't think he can ever be value bettering worse.

Thoughts on value betting turn, c/folding river?

nemeelucas

192 posts
Joined 07/2008

Time Link to 00:26:36

That seems like a pretty standard board to checkraise. Any reason for not doing that b/c of current game dynamics? You talked about noting some bet sizing tells, what did you think the PSB meant here? Also I see that you're pretty consistently betting 10 into 11 on every flop. At which point would an opponent make you adjust your flop/turn bet sizing? If they are playing fit or fold I assume you'd cb smaller. What if they are raising your cbs more (aside from range adjustments for cbetting are you changing your sizing as well)?

nemeelucas

192 posts
Joined 07/2008

Time Link to 00:35:19

What kind of equity do you need against his range to make a call on the turn here profitable? Assuming he's 2barreling all the flush draws, oesds, some overs as well as his made hands. Given how the match is going now, how often is he going to complete a 3 barrel bluff on missed draws/bad bluff cards. I feel that there are too many river cards that we'll have to fold to if we call the turn.

Do you think a river brick is more of a reason to fold to a 3rd barrel than say a card that will complete draws, given these current game/opponent dynamics?

whitelime

521 posts
Joined 01/2008

Hey guys,

Gotta step out right now but I will respond to the questions/comments tomorrow afternoon if y'all want to check back then.

- Emil

whitelime

521 posts
Joined 01/2008

Awesome video, some crazy sick reads. You make it seem pretty easy, I didn't realise it was a live commenting.

Just not a big fan of the check back flop Q77 with Qx to fold on the second barrel river, you're pretty much at the top of your range, but i might be result oriented i guess.

Yeah, it's a really close spot. Game theory wise, you should probably call but in practice, people just don't bluff there much.

whitelime

521 posts
Joined 01/2008

t2-wouldnt he expect you to fire the turn if you turned a spade draw tho?

Yes, but we can represent all sorts of other made hands here.

whitelime

521 posts
Joined 01/2008

not sure what you mean you are calling with the 86 there because he would value bet an 8. you dont beat any 8s in his range, no?

Poor explanation. I'm mostly calling b/c I have the top of my range on the river and it's a spot where most of the time, I will have a really weak hand that is folding so he'll bluff a decent amount.

whitelime

521 posts
Joined 01/2008

is it possible he was turning TT into a bluff to try and get you off Jx?

I don't think so b/c he bet very small on the river.

whitelime

521 posts
Joined 01/2008

Emil,

Awesome video, I like how you really kept your cool in the beginning when I was running pretty well and kept making hands.

Pretty tough spot. I think call/fold/jam are all viable here depending on the specific opponent and metagame. Having two overs and the Ah (which adds 4% equity or so) makes me want to not fold here.

whitelime

521 posts
Joined 01/2008

Not sure I like the check-call here by 24offsuit. There really aren't that many draws/bluffs in his range, and I don't think he can ever be value bettering worse.

Thoughts on value betting turn, c/folding river?

I think he played this hand perfectly. I'd probably c/f the river if faced with a bet. The turn bet he called wasn't that big and while that card does improve a decent amount of my range, a lot of one pairs I have are still going to check to exercise pot control.

Kwantum

691 posts
Joined 01/2008

whitelime,

Can you comment on your standard bet sizing in single raised pots?

You were mainly c-betting $10 on the flop and $28 on the turn, even on very dry boards. Most other coaches I've seen use 1/2 pot or 2/3 pot sizing like $8 -> $22, or $8 -> $24.

Do you have any particular reasons for c-betting larger than what I would consider "standard" at these stakes?

Cool video btw

Thanks

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Duel : Whitelime (#1) - 200NL vs 2fouroffsuit